Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
rosegoiden

Sleep paralysis/astral projection as a kid

rosegoiden

Was wondering if sleep paralysis or astral projection is possible as a kid? i have experienced something similar to it once as a kid when i was around 5-7 years old.  i was with my eyes closed but i could feel my surroundings that im laying on my bed and i could feel my body as if i was awake just trying to fall asleep. then my body starts lifting to the air and i also could VERY CLEARLY feel how my blanket is slipping away from my body. but then just suddenly jumped in bed screaming. after that never experienced it in my childhood nor teenage years up till 2019 beginning of the year where i had my first adulthood sleep paralysis/astral projection and after that i experience it quite sometimes now.

Desertrat56

I experienced something similar when I was a kid.  Sleep paralysis is different than astral projection.  It sounds like you were experiencing something like the beginning stages of astral projection.  I had been experiencing dreaming that I was falling and I would "land" back into my body.  A boy in my class (5th grade at the time) said one day that if you dream you are falling and you hit the ground or feel like you hit the ground then you will die.  I told him that is not true because at the time I was dreaming a lot that way and always "hit" where ever I dreamed I was falling but it included feeling like I landed on the bed.

It is nothing to be concerned about and it will change or go away depending on how you think of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rosegoiden
29 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I experienced something similar when I was a kid.  Sleep paralysis is different than astral projection.  It sounds like you were experiencing something like the beginning stages of astral projection.  I had been experiencing dreaming that I was falling and I would "land" back into my body.  A boy in my class (5th grade at the time) said one day that if you dream you are falling and you hit the ground or feel like you hit the ground then you will die.  I told him that is not true because at the time I was dreaming a lot that way and always "hit" where ever I dreamed I was falling but it included feeling like I landed on the bed.

It is nothing to be concerned about and it will change or go away depending on how you think of it.

i say sleep paralysis/astral projection because i feel that at the same time i experience both? if thats possible? or maybe im just overthinking haha. but i always experience that im lifting in the air or that im being pulled near the door and at the same time experience sound or visual hallucinations. but theyre not major and not very common but has happened a few times. 

Edited by rosegoiden

Desertrat56
5 minutes ago, rosegoiden said:

i say sleep paralysis/astral projection because i feel that at the same time i experience both? if thats possible? or maybe im just overthinking haha. but i always experience that im lifting in the air or that im being pulled near the door and at the same time experience sound or visual hallucinations. but theyre not minor and not very common but has happened a few times. 

Well, that does sound like sleep paralysis.  I have never experienced that but some people on this forum have.  My experiences were dreams of falling and landing and of floating above my body and seeing everything in the room.  Later I was able to control it and go visit my cousin or check out something on the other side of a fence I couldn't see over.

rosegoiden
1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, that does sound like sleep paralysis.  I have never experienced that but some people on this forum have.  My experiences were dreams of falling and landing and of floating above my body and seeing everything in the room.  Later I was able to control it and go visit my cousin or check out something on the other side of a fence I couldn't see over.

sounds very cool. wish i could do it but i get extremely scared and start waking up.

Desertrat56
1 minute ago, rosegoiden said:

sounds very cool. wish i could do it but i get extremely scared and start waking up.

It was cool.  I never got scared but maybe because of the dreams that came first.

XenoFish

Could be false awakening or lucid dreaming.

• Like 1

GalacticWarrior

Hi Rosegoiden!! I had this experience when I was a kid, it was in the middle of the night in the Dominican Republic, where I'm from, and my grandmother was a sleep, I felt like I was a sleep but awake at the same time. It was not sleepwalking or anything like that. All I know is, that I've seen little black shadows with white-bright Lights coming out of their eye sockets. It was strange. Ever since, I've keep on going back to that. I would think is a dream when in reality it really wasn't, it was absolutely real. But, yours' is like interesting. 

Many Blessings to you!! 

• Like 1