Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stunning horses show off their luscious manes

Still Waters

These amazing photographs show a herd of Icelandic horses showing off their luscious locks.

Anna Guðmundsdóttir, 65, captured the shots while on a horse riding trip- and noticed their perfectly kept manes. 

The photos show the horse's locks blowing in the wind as the animals gallop through stunning Icelandic scenery.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7580019/Mane-attraction-Stunning-horses-luscious-locks.html

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Beautiful.

Do their manes effect their vision when they get long @Piney 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Beautiful.

:lol: Of course it does. They just keep shaking their head to keep it out of their eyes. I have bangs so I know. Plus, seeing someone constantly flipping their hair isn't nearly as cute as that. ;)

• Haha 6

In the horse kingdom they'd be the equivalent of an 80s hair band :w00t:   Beautiful animals.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, and then said:

In the horse kingdom they'd be the equivalent of an 80s hair band :w00t:   Beautiful animals.  

I've had various dogs and horses with long hair and always kept the hair trimmed above their eyes. It's as irritating to them as flies buzzing around.

They are beautiful!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Michelle said:

:lol: Of course it does. They just keep shaking their head to keep it out of their eyes. I have bangs so I know. Plus, seeing someone constantly flipping their hair isn't nearly as cute as that. ;)

:lol: No I mean if it gets matted and lugged, simply shaking their heads won't keep it out of their eyes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, and then said:

Duran Duran, Kajagoogoo, Sigue Sigue Sputnik 

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Beautiful.

What she said V

34 minutes ago, Michelle said:

:lol:

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

What she said V

:lol:

Wish I never asked now :lol:

• Haha 4

It's not restrictive, a good wind will blow it out of their face. There was one rescue of a New Forest Pony who had caught her back hoof in her mane and gotten stuck. It's up on YouTube. Mostly their manes and tails don't get too long because foals and other horses sometimes chew on them, and they can rub off parts as well. If you want to see epic manes and tails check out Friesians and Cobs, the latter can have super hairy legs as well, they look like bellbottoms.

Edited by darkmoonlady
  • Thanks 2