Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Angry Commuters Drag Extinction Rebellion Pro

hetrodoxly

Angry Commuters Drag Extinction Rebellion Protesters Off Tube as They Try to Glue Themselves On

I'm not a violent man but this did make me smile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Angry Commuters Drag Extinction Rebellion Protesters Off Tube as They Try to Glue Themselves On

I'm not a violent man but this did make me smile.

Take on police? Yep. 

Mounted police? Yep. 

London commuters? Eh, maybe best not. 

• Haha 2

The lesson? Do not mess with peoples commute when trying to go home after a hard day at work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The lesson? Do not mess with peoples commute when trying to go home after a hard day at work.

This was on the way to work. Even worse - all they have to look forward to is 8 hours of misery! 

• Like 1

Just a shame his a** wasn't super glued to the top of the train when they dragged him off.

I think people have just about had their fill of these work shy soap dodgers now.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

On 10/17/2019 at 1:36 PM, Setton said:

This was on the way to work. Even worse - all they have to look forward to is 8 hours of misery! 

Still, they did not think it through.  They were only inconveniencing the commuters, who are mostly not the people they are actually claiming to protest. 

• Like 4

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

If this isn't proof they're raving loonies what is, why would anyone take any notice of them?

5 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

If this isn't proof they're raving loonies what is, why would anyone take any notice of them?

The majority of them aren't though. They have a valid point but are going about it the wrong way. Inconveniencing commuters is only going to p*** everyone off. Inconveniencing parliament and the industries that lobby to allow pollution would get them far more sympathy. 

7 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Really?  ...lol!

The last guy reminded me of Python's Silly Walks...heh

1 hour ago, Setton said:

The majority of them aren't though. They have a valid point but are going about it the wrong way. Inconveniencing commuters is only going to p*** everyone off. Inconveniencing parliament and the industries that lobby to allow pollution would get them far more sympathy. 

No, you're right, from the video it would appear most of them are drama students on their gap year.

I've got an idea. Why don't a group of them hire a transport to China or India (the biggest polluters on the planet) and lay down in the middle of their streets to stop the traffic, that would make a great point. I'd even donate £20 to the cause to see that.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, skliss said:

Really?  ...lol!

The last guy reminded me of Python's Silly Walks...heh

That's not particularly silly. The right leg isn't silly at all, and the left leg merely does a forward aerial half-turn every alternate step. 

4 hours ago, Setton said:

That's not particularly silly. The right leg isn't silly at all, and the left leg merely does a forward aerial half-turn every alternate step. 

It's called a sense of humor......

5 minutes ago, skliss said:

It's called a sense of humor......

I suggest you get one. 

My post is a quote from that Monty Python sketch... 

3 minutes ago, Setton said:

I suggest you get one. 

My post is a quote from that Monty Python sketch... 

My apologies...I am skimming tonight...thought you felt I was too hard on the young man....lol 

Wish they still played the reruns here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skliss said:

My apologies...I am skimming tonight...thought you felt I was too hard on the young man....lol 

Wish they still played the reruns here. 

No worries. 

Although I hope you don't think I've ever used the expression 'forward aerial half turn' in a serious conversation! 

• Haha 1

I think the public will be happy when the rebellion itself is extinct.  After all, who are they rebelling against - the general public?

eco-warriors or ego-warriors.  I agree with their analogy.   :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Everyone agrees with the protest but it's the way they are doing it, I think with the organisers they need to think why isn't it working? It's a damp squid 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Everyone agrees with the protest but it's the way they are doing it, I think with the organisers they need to think why isn't it working? It's a damp squid 

Hmmm......really?

• 2019: Ronald Weinland, a serial doomsday crackpot who incorrectly predicted the world would end in 2011, 2012, and then 2013, now says it will definitely happen on June 9, 2019.[88]
  • 2020: self-acclaimed psychic and astrologer Jeane Dixon has predicted the world will end in 2020. She previously said it would end in 1962. No doubt the 2020 date seemed distant enough back then that no one would notice it was b******s.[89]
  • 2026: More asteroids.[90]
  • 2028: Fred Clark — a tongue-in-cheek offer guaranteeing 15 years of Bible-prophecy hucksterism for four easy payments of $39.99.[91]
  • 2030: Approximate date of a mass extinction event predicted by Bob Geldof. Myles Allen of Oxford University claims "Competing hyperbole" are unhelpful in understanding real climate change. [92]
  • 2031:World's end by way of irreversible climate change if there is insufficient mitigation, according to a United Nations report by climate scientists.[93][94][95]
  • 2035: Even more asteroids.[96]
  • 2036: Yet more asteroids.[97]
  • 2037: Hal Lindsey — First Third Coming.
  • 2038: Deterioration of the fundamental older technology that still underlies the most crucial systems today.[98]
  • 2039: End of life, the universe and everything. Also known as the Ascension.
  • 2040: Still more asteroids.[99] This seems to be a fan favourite.
  • 2041: March 35th (sic) Not another asteroid.[100]
  • 2048: Salt-Water Fish Extinction.[101]
  • 2085: The original prediction for Nibiru's collision with Earth, later deprecated to 2012 for
  • more profits prophets.

And BLADERUNNER predicted we'd have flying cars by 2019.!!

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_of_predictions_of_the_end_of_the_world

Edited by itsnotoutthere

On 10/20/2019 at 1:55 AM, Aaron2016 said:

I think the public will be happy when the rebellion itself is extinct.  After all, who are they rebelling against - the general public?

eco-warriors or ego-warriors.  I agree with their analogy.   :lol:

I love the line "Ego warriors".

The guy pulled off the top of the tube had been a  Buddhist teacher and is now a full time activist, here's me thinking he was a bricklayer who'd taken a day off. 

1 hour ago, hetrodoxly said:

The guy pulled off the top of the tube had been a  Buddhist teacher and is now a full time activist, here's me thinking he was a bricklayer who'd taken a day off. 

So, never had a proper job in his life then, figures.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 5:13 AM, hetrodoxly said:

And i always wonder...how much does the full time activist job pay? 

• Like 1