Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
the13bats

can you relate to this weird feeling

Recommended Posts

the13bats

I didnt have a clue where to post this, it's a mental physical thing not paranormal,

I've never really spoke of it much as its a bit hard to put into words, I've always been curious if anyone else felt it, I would assume its not unique to me and i wonder what the devil is it?

From childhood if i started into water, not a tub or shower but walking into like a pool, lake or ocean i would get a weird hard to describe wave shudder type feeling through my body, almost a light headed faint feel, I've never fainted so guessing a bit there, the feeling would only last a few seconds but had that running through the whole body feel, I would still get it if i went in water right now.

Anyone relate or know what it is?

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
littlebrowndragon
23 minutes ago, the13bats said:

From childhood if i started into water, not a tub or shower but walking into like a pool, lake or ocean i would get a weird hard to describe wave shudder type feeling through my body, almost a light headed faint feel, I've never fainted so guessing a bit there, the feeling would only last a few seconds but had that running through the whole body feel, I would still get it if i went in water right now.

Anyone relate or know what it is?

I was brought up by the sea, in and out of water all the time, yet I do not recognise this feeling.  Was the feeling you experienced very unpleasant?  If it felt like fainting then I guess it might have been unpleasant.  I wonder if it frightened you at all?

With respect to water, I do know that when things get too much for me, going to a waterside location has a very calming effect.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
8 minutes ago, littlebrowndragon said:

I was brought up by the sea, in and out of water all the time, yet I do not recognise this feeling.  Was the feeling you experienced very unpleasant?  If it felt like fainting then I guess it might have been unpleasant.  I wonder if it frightened you at all?

With respect to water, I do know that when things get too much for me, going to a waterside location has a very calming effect.    

When i was a kid no it wasnt unpleasant, it was just odd, weird, after i started my nervious, panic, drdp bs then anything out of the ordinary could be terrifying, it's weird in of itself to know its irrational yet have zero control of the fear,

And on the flip side i love the water, being in water, gonna put small pool in the basement someday..

Since i posted this to add to the description of the odd feeling entering water, you know the drop on a roller coaster, that few secs of i guess weightless or freefall it kind felt like that a bit.but of course I'm just slowly walking into the water,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
57 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I didnt have a clue where to post this, it's a mental physical thing not paranormal,

I've never really spoke of it much as its a bit hard to put into words, I've always been curious if anyone else felt it, I would assume its not unique to me and i wonder what the devil is it?

From childhood if i started into water, not a tub or shower but walking into like a pool, lake or ocean i would get a weird hard to describe wave shudder type feeling through my body, almost a light headed faint feel, I've never fainted so guessing a bit there, the feeling would only last a few seconds but had that running through the whole body feel, I would still get it if i went in water right now.

Anyone relate or know what it is?

 

 

This is interesting.  I don't get that with water but it seems familiar.  I have had something that might be similar but not in water.  It seems like some kind of electrical thing, a nervous system shake out maybe.  We are electric beings in a way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

It seems like some kind of electrical thing, a nervous system shake out maybe

Yes, something like that,  but mine always hits entering water, oddly just that first enter, once in the water, I can go in and one it doesn't repeat, it would take a day or two to reload so to speak,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
5 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Yes, something like that,  but mine always hits entering water, oddly just that first enter, once in the water, I can go in and one it doesn't repeat, it would take a day or two to reload so to speak,

Maybe a grounding you needed.  I used to have a build up of electricity that would spark when I touched metal.  It sometimes was such a build up that the spark would hurt.  I walked past an old monitor once and it caught on fire.  The person using it was very freaked out.  I am sure it was my static charge that did it.  (I have always worn cotton, no nylon or rayon)

Edited by Desertrat56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Anyone relate or know what it is?

Yep!  I get the same feeling.

It's like a neurological wave, as the pressure of gravity eases and you head toward buoyancy.

 

Edited by acute
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
littlebrowndragon
2 hours ago, the13bats said:

When i was a kid no it wasnt unpleasant, it was just odd, weird, after i started my nervious, panic, drdp bs then anything out of the ordinary could be terrifying, it's weird in of itself to know its irrational yet have zero control of the fear,

And on the flip side i love the water, being in water, gonna put small pool in the basement someday..

Since i posted this to add to the description of the odd feeling entering water, you know the drop on a roller coaster, that few secs of i guess weightless or freefall it kind felt like that a bit.but of course I'm just slowly walking into the water,

Having thought about what you describe, I'm homing in on your reference to a roller-coaster and a phrase often used: emotional roller-coaster.  In other words, I think there is some area in your life, be it your professional life, your relationships with partners, friends or family etc, which is generating huge surges of emotion.  These feelings that you get, the drop on a roller coaster, are, I believe, warnings to you regarding getting over-emotional.  (These feelings that you get are dreams, waking dreams, if you like, and are meaningful.  In dreams, water is often associated with emotions.)  My suggestion would be that you consider if there is an area of your life where you are experiencing surges of emotion.  I would also suggest that at the very least you start practicing something like meditation to calm things down.  (I became very ill because I routinely got over-emotional.  In my case I got extremely angry.  It really did damage me.  I have now dealt with it and meditation was my first step on that road.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
3 hours ago, the13bats said:

I didnt have a clue where to post this, it's a mental physical thing not paranormal,

I've never really spoke of it much as its a bit hard to put into words, I've always been curious if anyone else felt it, I would assume its not unique to me and i wonder what the devil is it?

From childhood if i started into water, not a tub or shower but walking into like a pool, lake or ocean i would get a weird hard to describe wave shudder type feeling through my body, almost a light headed faint feel, I've never fainted so guessing a bit there, the feeling would only last a few seconds but had that running through the whole body feel, I would still get it if i went in water right now.

Anyone relate or know what it is?

 

 

Sounds like a cold chill. Perhaps a subtle one. Could even be associated with a trauma that was experienced involving water that you are not consciously aware of. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
3 hours ago, acute said:

Yep!  I get the same feeling.

It's like a neurological wave, as the pressure of gravity eases and you head toward buoyancy.

 

Sounds good,  it is "shock" or jaw to the system type idea,

1 hour ago, littlebrowndragon said:

Having thought about what you describe, I'm homing in on your reference to a roller-coaster and a phrase often used: emotional roller-coaster.  In other words, I think there is some area in your life, be it your professional life, your relationships with partners, friends or family etc, which is generating huge surges of emotion.  These feelings that you get, the drop on a roller coaster, are, I believe, warnings to you regarding getting over-emotional.  (These feelings that you get are dreams, waking dreams, if you like, and are meaningful.  In dreams, water is often associated with emotions.)  My suggestion would be that you consider if there is an area of your life where you are experiencing surges of emotion.  I would also suggest that at the very least you start practicing something like meditation to calm things down.  (I became very ill because I routinely got over-emotional.  In my case I got extremely angry.  It really did damage me.  I have now dealt with it and meditation was my first step on that road.)

That's well thought out but i I used "roller coaster" not as any metaphor but literally that weird jarring drop, not the full ride or in comparason to my early life this started when i was a small child i didn't have " area in your life, be it your professional life, your relationships with partners, friends or family etc, which is generating huge surges of emotion"  while what you are thinking might apply in some cases this was just what it was a reaction to entering water,

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Sounds like a cold chill. Perhaps a subtle one. Could even be associated with a trauma that was experienced involving water that you are not consciously aware of. 

I know cold chills and shutters, no, this was more like what acute and rat describe,

I believe it neurological in some way like a stimuli overload perhaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
26 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Sounds good,  it is "shock" or jaw to the system type idea,

I think of it as a nerve shock. Like having to mentally and physically adjust to suddenly becoming weightless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
1 minute ago, acute said:

I think of it as a nerve shock. Like having to mentally and physically adjust to suddenly becoming weightless.

I believe you are on the right track, the fact i have only had this feeling going into water would support the "weigh change" idea, even though I never considered that and thought of it more like a startle but different that just being startled,

My nervious issues has made me way too overly sensitive to every little nuance of my "mind/body"  i know or assign the difference with issues but doesn't mean i can put them into words, 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
papageorge1

Maybe you drowned in a past life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Maybe you drowned in a past life.

Sure papa, that's it i drowned in a past life :rolleyes: and since people are never mundane no bodies in past life regression hypnosis i was um the capt of the titanic, did he drown? Doesnt matter he was there scared he would,  sure, makes sense.

Edited by the13bats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

Sounds like a manifestation of the Diving Reflex

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scholar4Truth

Sounds like a case of Aquaphobia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
darkmoonlady
1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Sure papa, that's it i drowned in a past life :rolleyes: and since people are never mundane no bodies in past life regression hypnosis i was um the capt of the titanic, did he drown? Doesnt matter he was there scared he would,  sure, makes sense.

I was going to say you drown as well but for a poster asking to name an ephemeral feeling they have staring at water that's hugely dismissive of someone offering their thoughts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Sure papa, that's it i drowned in a past life :rolleyes: and since people are never mundane no bodies in past life regression hypnosis i was um the capt of the titanic, did he drown? Doesnt matter he was there scared he would,  sure, makes sense.

I was a sailor
I was born upon the tide
And with the sea I did abide
I sailed a schooner round the Horn to Mexico
I went aloft and furled the mainsail in a blow
And when the yards broke off they said that I got killed
But I am living still

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
littlebrowndragon
12 hours ago, the13bats said:

That's well thought out but i I used "roller coaster" not as any metaphor but literally that weird jarring drop, 

Thank you.  Yes, I appreciate that you were not using a metaphor and that you do literally get that feeling you describe.  Such feelings are simply one of the ways in which people's unconscious minds communicate with them.  The difficulty is in working out what the message actually means.  

Ever had dreams in which you experienced emotional responses as well as seeing the dream images?  This feeling you get when entering water, whether you choose to believe it or not, is simply a dream.  All normal people get dreams.  Nothing unusual in that.  This dream just happens to have no images associated with it, only emotional sensations. (Actually, there could be images associated with it that you are unaware of, images that are so fleeting that you do not notice them.  I have experienced that sort of thing myself.  In time, however, when one learns how dreams behave, then one does gradually become aware of some of those fleeting images.)  This dream also happens to be a waking dream.  Again, nothing unusual in that.  However, although I appreciate that you are very sceptical about my explanation, my understanding of the situation still is that your mind is warning you about something, and that that something concerns emotions.  And since you have had this sensation upon entering water since childhood, then the problem started in childhood.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
16 minutes ago, littlebrowndragon said:

Thank you.  Yes, I appreciate that you were not using a metaphor and that you do literally get that feeling you describe.  Such feelings are simply one of the ways in which people's unconscious minds communicate with them.  The difficulty is in working out what the message actually means.  

Ever had dreams in which you experienced emotional responses as well as seeing the dream images?  This feeling you get when entering water, whether you choose to believe it or not, is simply a dream.  All normal people get dreams.  Nothing unusual in that.  This dream just happens to have no images associated with it, only emotional sensations. (Actually, there could be images associated with it that you are unaware of, images that are so fleeting that you do not notice them.  I have experienced that sort of thing myself.  In time, however, when one learns how dreams behave, then one does gradually become aware of some of those fleeting images.)  This dream also happens to be a waking dream.  Again, nothing unusual in that.  However, although I appreciate that you are very sceptical about my explanation, my understanding of the situation still is that your mind is warning you about something, and that that something concerns emotions.  And since you have had this sensation upon entering water since childhood, then the problem started in childhood.

I undestand your adamant feelings about being right about it having i guess I would call it a deeper underlying meaning but in my case and this experence i am pretty much sold acute nailed it, it's far more superficial, the reaction to the stimuli, perhaps you are right in a different way, I'm overreacting to going buoyant, but no deep emotinal warning, I am not alien to that stuff.

It's simply not as deep as you want to make it not this time anyway,

But thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
littlebrowndragon
26 minutes ago, the13bats said:

It's simply not as deep as you want to make it not this time anyway,

But thanks.

 

You're welcome.  I hope you get the mystery sorted out to your satisfaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
13 minutes ago, littlebrowndragon said:

You're welcome.  I hope you get the mystery sorted out to your satisfaction.

I did, acute nailed it, now just a bit more research in that direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.