Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Favourite Quotes

RoseDancer

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers." - Socrates circa 400 BC (just in case you thought it was a modern problem)...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

“Make sure you don’t start seeing yourself through the eyes of those who don’t value you. Know your worth even if they don’t.”
Thema Davis

• Like 2

“Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again.” ~ Joseph Campbell

So shines a good deed in a weary world - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder version)

• Like 2

Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.-Stephen King

• Like 3

“Listen, life isn't when you are standing on top of a mountain looking at a sunset. Life isn't waiting at the altar or the moment your child is born or that time you were swimming in a deep water and a dolphin came up alongside you. These are fragments. 10 or 12 grains of sand spread throughout your entire existence. These are not life. Life is brushing your teeth or making a sandwich or watching the news or waiting for the bus. Or walking. Every day, thousands of tiny events happen and if you're not watching, if you're not careful, if you don't capture them and make them count, you could miss it. You could miss your whole life.” ~ Toni Jordan, Addition

• Like 3

"I never trust a man who puts cream and sugar in his coffee, just as I never trust a man who puts coke in his bourbon." --Bull Meacham, The Great Santini.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“Don't beat yourself up for not knowing the answers. You don't always have to know who you are. You don't have to have the big picture, or know where you're heading. Sometimes, it's enough just to know what you're going to do next.” ~ Sophie Kinsella, The Undomestic Goddess 

• Like 1

"God give me health and strength I'll steal the rest."

• Like 1

“The soil of a man’s heart is stonier; a man grows what he can and tends it.”-Judd Crandell Pet Semetary 

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”-Ferris Bueller

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Have you heard of insect politics? Neither have I. Insects don't have politics. They're very brutal, no compassion, no compromise. We can't trust the insect." - Seth Brundle

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evil is no faceless stranger, living in a distant neighborhood. Evil has a wholesome, hometown face, with merry eyes and an open smile. Evil walks among us, wearing a mask which looks like all our faces.”- Dean Koontz

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

“Those who kept silent yesterday will remain silent tomorrow.”
 Élie Wiesel,

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 9:28 PM, Desertrat56 said:

"The universe rearranges itself to accommodate your picture of reality."  E.T. Earth Mission

I like it. It reminds me of this:

universe-theory-joke.jpg

Edited by ant0n
  • Like 1

“And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?”

Thomas Babington Macaulay, a controversial British historian and politician in the early 1800s who was both anti-slavery and a diehard Colonialist.

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." -Robert Louis Stevenson

black-cat.jpg

Edited by ant0n
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."- Indigo Montoya Princess Bride. 

• Like 1

"...on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons."

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.  
There is another theory which states that this has already happened"

"The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.  To summarise: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.  To summarise the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."

Douglas Adams

"
It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things"

Terry Pratchett

• 3 weeks later...

I never stopped trying, I never stopped feeling like family is much more than blood- Till We Die Slipknot 

• 1 month later...

I feel the need - the need for speed!” Top Gun, 1986

If you won’t endure while the seas are calm, then how will you weather the storm?