Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Floating orbs

Dan47

1 minute ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Get off your high white horse. You belittle people with your inane assumptions, broad generalisations, and your obviously unqualified attempts at psychoanalysis. The OP suggested non-believers were mentally unwell, and you were quick to agree. You then went outside your purview as a member and attempted to moderate other posters.

But sure, whatever. Ultimately, the only person you end up belittling is yourself.

So what I said hit home for you, did it?

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So what I said hit home for you, did it?

Not in the least. I simply can't stand people who suck and blow.

It's telling that the OP hasn't discounted floaters as the cause. He's been here and has read the comments, yet hasn't said a thing about them.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

I don't discount anything people believe they have seen,you get a sense which posters are genuine with it.Just with the amount of posts on orbs with no other activity they almost all fall into the paranoid wanna see something paranormal category.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

The OP suggested non-believers were mentally unwell

That was the extra step, the added jab about "mentally unwell"  "mental disorders/illness" have a stigma i find very odd, I have zero problem saying I have mental disorders, mental is taboo paranormal is cool, some would rather say that it was a ghost than admit they are clumsy.

While some skeptics here are very course i also see some people pop in with a vauge but extrodarnary story and ask for thoughts and opinions then go off if those thoughts and opinions are anything except paranormal,

I've seen people pop in and make a remark about "all the skeptics" here and some believer just has to get a dig in about skeptics are the unenlightened closed ones, odd to call the group who look at all possibilities the "closed" ones,

I believe it's about at least in part ego getting in our way, we want to be right we dont want to be wrong,  we all know in most cases believers have no proof, I stopped asking for proof its too much like a jab i ask questions and for evidence, that too is sometimes taken as insult, but i take it as insult you want me to blindly believe your wild story.

believers need to understand in my case i would be delighted if their story was true but for now its just a story for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

That was the extra step, the added jab about "mentally unwell"  "mental disorders/illness" have a stigma i find very odd, I have zero problem saying I have mental disorders, mental is taboo paranormal is cool, some would rather say that it was a ghost than admit they are clumsy.

While some skeptics here are very course i also see some people pop in with a vauge but extrodarnary story and ask for thoughts and opinions then go off if those thoughts and opinions are anything except paranormal,

I've seen people pop in and make a remark about "all the skeptics" here and some believer just has to get a dig in about skeptics are the unenlightened closed ones, odd to call the group who look at all possibilities the "closed" ones,

I believe it's about at least in part ego getting in our way, we want to be right we dont want to be wrong,  we all know in most cases believers have no proof, I stopped asking for proof its too much like a jab i ask questions and for evidence, that too is sometimes taken as insult, but i take it as insult you want me to blindly believe your wild story.

believers need to understand in my case i would be delighted if their story was true but for now its just a story for me.

Not one person here suggested the OP was mentally unwell. He defensively stated he wasn't, then took it a step further to suggest that others here were. I agree that mental disorders have a stigma, which is absolutely ridiculous. I also think that some people are so fearful of them, they would much rather believe their experience to be supernatural, rather than a physiological/mental one. Hence their defensiveness.

• Thanks 1

Mentally ill people are more in touch with the true nature of spiritual reality. 

(Not my words, but that of woo peddlers)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Mentally ill people are more in touch with the true nature of spiritual reality. 

I have mental disorders in the files of nervious,panic,ptsd,drdp,ocd,add,etc,lol

But I do not believe im any more or less in touch than most,

4 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

they would much rather believe their experience to be supernatural, rather than a physiological/mental one. Hence their defensiveness.

Supernatural is "cool" "mystical" and external, so something outside themselves to blame,

Fred knocks his wife's favorite antique vase off the shelf breaks it, Fred blames it on a ghost rather than being clumsy,  if freds wife is a believer or gullible or subservient whatever then it works,

On another side of the coin some people most certainly do have mental disorders or issues that cause the experences they label paranormal,

Take my made up example above but this time fred isnt hunting an escape goat fred does believe a ghost, spooky whatever caused his wife's vase to drop to the floor and smash, 

he might could pass a polygraph because he believes it, and of course has no proof so you bet if we discount freds stories  do not believe them at face value its a deep personal insult to fred and he very well may lash out, it has to be our fault, we are closed we are unenlightened, the slights speak volumes, fred is special we arent.

This forum has actually shown me a lot and I believe in many cases pushed me further away from paranormal, otherworldly because of believers like Fred, this isnt really fair because fred cant help it...yes here i go saying it, Fred cant help it because..he has mental issues. ( bats is forever damned to true believers hell )

The OP,  i have no clue or real concern why he asked for opinions then only accepts paranormal, but the real concern is seeing orbs as he described is a symptom of vision or neurological issues, serious? Who knows, but is it worth the risk and gamble to ones health thats up to that person to decide.

• Like 1

I've seen people claim that issues like schizophrenia mean that the afflicted are "more in touch" with the true nature of reality. This claim is similar to saying that someone who is hearing disembodied voices is telepathic. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I have mental disorders in the files of nervious,panic,ptsd,drdp,ocd,add,etc,lol

Love how you added the lol at the end of that sentence.

53 minutes ago, the13bats said:

This forum has actually shown me a lot and I believe in many cases pushed me further away from paranormal, otherworldly because of believers like Fred, this isnt really fair because fred cant help it...yes here i go saying it, Fred cant help it because..he has mental issues. ( bats is forever damned to true believers hell )

The OP,  i have no clue or real concern why he asked for opinions then only accepts paranormal, but the real concern is seeing orbs as he described is a symptom of vision or neurological issues, serious? Who knows, but is it worth the risk and gamble to ones health thats up to that person to decide.

Other people, like Fred, can't help it because superstition, religion and/or belief in the paranormal is ingrained into their belief system. What you and I might perceive to be a lucky break, for example, someone else might view it as angelic intervention. But yes, mental disorders do impact perception. So does the environment, as well as a host of other factors. Just the same, it never ceases to amaze me how quick some people are to attribute someth;ing to the paranormal, rather than to the more earthly, practical explanation. Ghosts for example, get credited with so much, in spite of the fact that there's no consensus as to what a ghost really is. 

As for the OP, only he can answer that question. And yes, it's up to him to determine his next course of action.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Woo peddlers prey on the weak, that's why they're so freaking annoying.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Love how you added the lol at the end of that sentence

Ty, i do not take myself or much of anything too seriously,

And I love your pennywise kitten :tu:

• Thanks 1