Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple's award-winning 'Four Seasons' garden

Still Waters

A retired couple who have spent nearly four decades and thousands of pounds on their back garden have pictured it in stunning autumnal colours as the season turns. 

Marie and Tony Newton, both 71, have spent 37 years and more than £15,000 transforming their back garden in Walsall, West Midlands. 

Tucked away in the industrial heartlands, the garden has been nicknamed 'the four seasons' due on account of its year-round appeal. 

They claim to have planted more than 3,000 plants, trees and bushes, which include 450 azaleas, 120 Japanese maples and 15 juniper blue stars.    

The couple, who have four grown-up children and four grandchildren, spend two hours a day lovingly maintaining the plants and bushes and have been awarded several accolades including Britain's Best Garden. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7583475/Retired-couple-Marie-Tony-Newton-reveal-autumn-garden-Walsall.html

• Like 6

Very nice.

• Like 4

This is unbelievably, and I mean absolutely unbelievably........GORGEOUS.  :wub: 

This is one of the most beautiful, if not THE most beautiful garden I've ever seen in my entire life.  

The colours are so bright and varied, that I actually thought the owners were photoshopped into the photo, the picture looks so unrealistically beautiful. LOL :lol:

• Like 4

That's just breathtaking! How it shows all the years of love and tending put into it! The colors are stunning!  

• Like 3