Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What do you think about Jordan B. Peterson

Relam

3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

In terms of stand up? Not likely. Men are on average 8x stronger than a woman, hence why men and women require different leagues. That's due to the biological features I posted above. If a MtF could land one solid right cross on Nunes, we would be looking at a domestic violence case. Broken eye socket, broken nose...it would bad. The strength and power differential is just too great. The male body has evolved with a throwing (punching,) arm. It's just not a fair fight.

Nunes could win through submission with her high skill level but good freaking luck getting a knockout.

I would disagree, as the weight class would limit such differences.

It is correct men, in average, have 12 kilo more SMM (Skeleton Muscle Mass), however, weight class would limit such factors. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You haven't posted scientific fact.

And everyone on Earth except you (apparently) realises that biologically speaking human beings only come in two sexes. That is unless something goes wrong and they get a weird merge of both.

You are trying to blur the line between what is biology and what is a lifestyle choice.

1) I have posted scientific fact, and have posted various scientific papers to prove it. All you have is your opinion with empty words.

2) Saying "everyone on earth except you agrees with me" is so laughably false that it's pathetic. That's so clearly untrue. Just the various sources I've cited themselves debunks this. You're just making baseless assertions.

3) And you are trying to just ignore scientifically established facts and just repeat the same bulls**t over and over again in the hope that it sticks. Just throw s**t at the wall enough times and some of it will eventually stick. Classic tactic of those who can't win on the merits of their own argument.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

.Men are on average 8x stronger than a woman.

Focusing on just this line, I’m not sorry to say you are very wrong.

Take birth for example, any male I’ve seen hooked up to a contractions simulation couldn’t take the pain of normal ones.

However there are women doing it no pain relief or women like myself who go to experience the hell that is back labour (aka what feels like someone trying to break your back by bending you backwards. Also described as feeling like a sledgehammer was taken to your back) and have to get up afterwards 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

There are only two genders. Sorry if you don't agree with it. 

Apology accepted.

If only things were that simple.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I just don't like the idea of forced acceptance. I'd rather accept someone based on their character rather than their "identity", plus I'm sick of all this "toxic" masculity crap. Guess that's the result of fatherless homes. Kids never get exposed to what a real man/father is. Rather sad. 

The objection to "forced speech" could have some merit, though it seems a shame that anyone thinks it necessary.

As to the rest, are you aware of all of the academic literature indicating that same sex couples raise smarter, happier and healthier families? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Luca-Rosemom 19 said:

Take birth for example, any male I’ve seen hooked up to a contractions simulation couldn’t take the pain of normal ones.

However there are women doing it no pain relief or women like myself who go to experience the hell that is back labour (aka what feels like someone trying to break your back by bending you backwards. Also described as feeling like a sledgehammer was taken to your back) and have to get up afterwards 

I feel for you. My ex went through exactly the same and the birth left substantial trauma, not just physical. 

Women do have a much higher pain threshold than men. However, I do believe Dark_Grey meant physical strength, as in Skeleton Mucsle Mass. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I can only comment personally on what I find attractive as a man and that would most closely match an hourglass figure. But lets be frank, if she is female and has a pretty face then I`m interested on some level lol.

Your comment is exactly the same point I am making. Biological sex is different from sexual instinct. There are only 2 sexes (we best count those that have gone wrong too). The urges in a persons mind, and their identity, are something separate. That is not biological, that is contents of the mind.

I dont understand why that is such an emotive topic for some people. Why the insistence on pretending sexual preference and sexual identity are a biological sex? I really dont get it. Its PC gone bonkers.

Even a simple explanation escapes you.

Like I said before, go read a science book.

You will probably never understand. You probably think transgender is a trick of the Demiurge to trap souls in the material world.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

Even a simple explanation escapes you.

Like I said before, go read a science book.

You will probably never understand. You probably think transgender is a trick of the Demiurge to trap souls in the material world.

Identity politics does not overwrite biological science.

Without deformity then humans are only capable of having male genitals, or female ones. If you think other genitals exist then please enlighten us?

I realise you want a guy with his bits chopped off to be seen and recognised as a woman. Unfortunately identity politics doesnt work on most people. To most people, its a guy with his bits chopped off in an attempt to mimic a woman. Mimicking a woman is not the same as actually having the biology of a woman.

The sex change guy does not have female genitals, put a plastic surgery attempt at mimicking them. The sex change guy does not have female chromosomes, he has the male XY combination. Its just a guy with his bits chopped off pretending to be a woman because thats what floats his boat.

Such is the insanity of this PC world there are people demanding we actually pretend he is a woman when he isn't. Jordan Peterson is strong enough to resist that lie. And as such he has my respect.

20 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Identity politics does not overwrite biological science.

Without deformity then humans are only capable of having male genitals, or female ones. If you think other genitals exist then please enlighten us?

I realise you want a guy with his bits chopped off to be seen and recognised as a woman. Unfortunately identity politics doesnt work on most people. To most people, its a guy with his bits chopped off in an attempt to mimic a woman. Mimicking a woman is not the same as actually having the biology of a woman.

The sex change guy does not have female genitals, put a plastic surgery attempt at mimicking them. The sex change guy does not have female chromosomes, he has the male XY combination. Its just a guy with his bits chopped off pretending to be a woman because thats what floats his boat.

Such is the insanity of this PC world there are people demanding we actually pretend he is a woman when he isn't. Jordan Peterson is strong enough to resist that lie. And as such he has my respect.

I'm not even talking about social justice, or pc culture. 

You must agree that some people excel over others in math, sports, and music right? These are just mutational adaptations. Is it so far fetched that despite gender one is born with there's a percentile that have an opposite in gender expression? 

Here. Be even more confused since you cannot grasp science.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davros of Skaro said:

I'm not even talking about social justice, or pc culture. 

You must agree that some people excel over others in math, sports, and music right? These are just mutational adaptations. Is it so far fetched that despite gender one is born with there's a percentile that have an opposite in gender expression? 

Here. Be even more confused since you cannot grasp science.

That is a rather strange and factually incorrect video.

On the one hand he tries to erode away psychology with his own `revised version` of the science. On the other he tells everybody he lacks a clear gender identity. Well he needs to make his mind up. Either he has a gender identity disorder or he doesnt, and if he doesnt he needs to take the dress off lmao.

Yet again note how he tells you he sometimes identifies as a woman. How a person identifies is not their biological sex. What problem do you have understanding that? A guy has a penis, if he identifies as a woman he still has a penis, if he identifies as a giraffe he still has a penis, if he identifies with a tree he still has a penis. If he has his penis cut off he doesnt become any of those other things. He is then a man with his penis cut off.

What problem do you have understanding that?

Having looked a bit further into the Canadian "bill C-16" re Peterson's "enforced speech" claim, it seems that he might not be completely genuine lol. Not only that, but he knows this as he has had it explained to him more than once by civil and human rights experts. So he is either incapable of understanding, or is simply using this issue for other more lucrative purposes.

The bill itself doesn't have anything to do with pronouns apparently, and the only way misgendering could be considered discriminatory is when it forms part of a broader overall set of discriminatory practices. It certainly could never be considered hate speech, unless it is used in a way that advocates genocide. Relevant article here.

Peterson seems not only predisposed to seeing (Jungian) archetypes everywhere he looks, has also found an unusual one here lol. As the critic points out, this one has him on a similar intellectual level with Von Daniken and Sitchin. It seems he doesn't realise Jungian psychology's limitations. It's surely more useful in the realm of mythology, though even then Jung and many of his ideas are a bit airy fairy and far from universally accepted the way he thinks they are.

When you consider his claims re lobsters, serotonin and human hierarchies (as analogies go, it's not a good one lol), it becomes obvious that his scientific knowledge is also scant. Particularly evolutionary biology and especially human behavioural and neuroscience. Humans did share a common ancestor with lobsters, though our branches then evolved independently for hundreds of millions of years, making his analogy a bit of a stretch in any useful sense. The great irony considering the anti transgender fervour he has stirred up, is that this LCA was a creature closely resembling this sea worm  that can be male, female, or sequentially hermaphroditic lol. Articles from relevant sciencey people here and here. Interesting article with sources here.

Edited by Horta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Luca-Rosemom 19 said:

I was strictly speaking in terms of physical, raw strength. If we are talking pain threshold and emotional strength, (biological) women win every time. The strength of women, mothers especially, is inspiring. :yes:

• Like 2

On 10/26/2019 at 7:19 AM, RabidMongoose said:

That is a rather strange and factually incorrect video.

On the one hand he tries to erode away psychology with his own `revised version` of the science. On the other he tells everybody he lacks a clear gender identity. Well he needs to make his mind up. Either he has a gender identity disorder or he doesnt, and if he doesnt he needs to take the dress off lmao.

Yet again note how he tells you he sometimes identifies as a woman. How a person identifies is not their biological sex. What problem do you have understanding that? A guy has a penis, if he identifies as a woman he still has a penis, if he identifies as a giraffe he still has a penis, if he identifies with a tree he still has a penis. If he has his penis cut off he doesnt become any of those other things. He is then a man with his penis cut off.

What problem do you have understanding that?

You're the one with the problem. You cannot even entertain the idea of overlapping gender expression despite birth gender.

Btw: The Youtuber is a transexual who made the vid before she came out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 12:04 AM, Luca-Rosemom 19 said:

He is talking about muscles not  about nervous system that evolved to endure birth pain

• Like 1