Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Relam

What do you think about Jordan B. Peterson

114 posts in this topic

Dark_Grey
4 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Xeno, don't ever pretend to support science and reason over fairy tails and superstition ever again. Not if you're gonna chose to ignore science in favor of provably false BS rubbish like this.

When homicide discovers a decomposed body, how do they determine what gender the person was?

• Thanks 2

XenoFish
3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

When homicide discovers a decomposed body, how do they determine what gender the person was?

Last I checked there are biological differences between a man and a woman. 

• Thanks 1

Aquila King
1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

Most law enforcement go by legal standards, and legal standards aren't always (and often just straight-up aren't) perfectly congruent with scientific fact.

Fact is, a person can physically appear to someone as being arbitrarily defined as "male" or "female," however scientifically speaking regarding genetics and a variety of other factors, they could be one or both or neither or somethibg else entirely.

• Like 1

XenoFish
13 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Xeno, don't ever pretend to support science and reason over fairy tails and superstition ever again. Not if you're gonna chose to ignore science in favor of provably false BS rubbish like this.

You're only anti-God and anti-spiritualism/paranormal etc because you don't like it or personally disagree with it. When you make statements like this, it shows you're not favoring the sciences, you're just favoring a pre-set narrative and worldview that you believe in.

Go clean your room.

• Like 1

Aquila King
Just now, XenoFish said:

Go clean your room.

Also willing to resort to logical fallacies like ad hominems (aka, petty personal attacks rather than actual arguments) when push comes to shove.

You're proving yourself no different than the religious fanatics you oppose.

Dark_Grey
Just now, Aquila King said:

Most law enforcement go by legal standards, and legal standards aren't always (and often just straight-up aren't) perfectly congruent with scientific fact.

Or maybe Academia isn't congruent with applicable Science?

Fact is, a person can physically appear to someone as being arbitrarily defined as "male" or "female," however scientifically speaking regarding genetics and a variety of other factors, they could be one or both or neither or somethibg else entirely.

So "gender", however you define it, is really inconsequential. Your biological sex is what matters most. I know what your saying, that gender exists on a spectrum. Even the most red blooded man still has estrogen in his body. However, we don't live in a world where accommodating 70+ genders is practical. For example, you can't divide the NFL in to 70+ divisions, with more divisions being added every year. Combat sports is an even better example of this: it doesn't matter what gender you identify with as nature has clearly defined male and female physiology. A biological female can "feel" like a man, dress like a man and even go through transition surgeries but will always be a severe disadvantage to a biological man. Men have thicker and longer bones, narrow hips, bigger hands, etc. 

There may be many genders but according to real world Science, applied Sciences, there are only two sexes. Everything else is psychological, not biological.

• Like 4

Mellon Man
2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

There are only two genders. Sorry if you don't agree with it. 

Biologically there are only two sexes, but sex and gender is very different. Gender can not be measured, sex can. 

• Like 1

Dark_Grey
Just now, Mellon Man said:

Biologically there are only two sexes, but sex and gender is very different. Gender can not be measured, sex can. 

I should have said this instead lol much more condensed

• Haha 1

XenoFish
1 minute ago, Mellon Man said:

Then there is only male and female, with the rest being tumblr genders, which apparent is infinite. 

Dark_Grey

MMA could be divided in to a male division, a female division and an "anything goes" division. The last one would be chaos with MtF fighters absolutely crushing FtM fighters.

Dark_Grey
2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Then there is only male and female, with the rest being tumblr genders, which apparent is infinite. 

You can "feel" like whatever you want. I might even call you by your preferred gender, just to be polite. But when homicide finds your corpse, you're going to be listed as "male, Caucasian, late 20's."

• Like 1

Aquila King
2 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Or maybe Academia isn't congruent with applicable Science?

So "gender", however you define it, is really inconsequential. Your biological sex is what matters most. I know what your saying, that gender exists on a spectrum. Even the most red blooded man still has estrogen in his body. However, we don't live in a world where accommodating 70+ genders is practical. For example, you can't divide the NFL in to 70+ divisions, with more divisions being added every year. Combat sports is an even better example of this: it doesn't matter what gender you identify with as nature has clearly defined male and female physiology. A biological female can "feel" like a man, dress like a man and even go through transition surgeries but will always be a severe disadvantage to a biological man. Men have thicker and longer bones, narrow hips, bigger hands, etc. 

There may be many genders but according to real world Science, applied Sciences, there are only two sexes. Everything else is psychological, not biological.

I can actually understand and somewhat sympathize with this argument. In terms of what's actually applicable to many of the functions of society, accommodating 70+ separate genders is indeed ridiculous. 

However that's why the term "non-binary" exists. It's a catch all term for people who aren't exclusively male or female. I don't think we need to accommodate 70+ genders with 70+ bathrooms and 70+ pronouns etc. Rather, we could just have a sort of 3rd non-binary or gender neutral category for societal functions such as this and just call it a day.

• Like 1

XenoFish
Just now, Dark_Grey said:

You can "feel" like whatever you want. I might even call you by your preferred gender, just to be polite. But when homicide finds your corpse, you're going to be listed as "male, Caucasian, late 20's."

Yep. I don't think people should lose their **** if they get misidentified either. 

• Thanks 1

XenoFish

My biggiest issue with all this gender nonsense that if a man who identifies as a woman, goes into the ladies room and rapes an 11 year old. Yeah, I'm gonna be mad. 

Edited by XenoFish
Wtf phone???
  • Thanks 1

Aquila King
Just now, XenoFish said:

My bigger issue with all this gender nonsense is a housing it. A man who identifies as a woman, goes into the ladies room and rapes an 11 year old. Yeah, I'm gonna be mad. 

Statistically speaking, there are more straight-up cis hetero men who intentionally go into the women's restroom to rape women and children, then there are trans people who do the same. This is just unfounded paranoia.

• Like 2

Mellon Man
6 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

MMA could be divided in to a male division, a female division and an "anything goes" division. The last one would be chaos with MtF fighters absolutely crushing FtM fighters.

You dont think Amanda Nunes could crush some of the MtF, if she went FtM? 

• Like 1

RabidMongoose
25 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

For men there is XY Chromosomes. For females its XX.

What do you call one of these extra sexes you claim exists, and what chromosomes so they have?

Edited by RabidMongoose

Mellon Man
4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

My biggiest issue with all this gender nonsense that if a man who identifies as a woman, goes into the ladies room and rapes an 11 year old. Yeah, I'm gonna be mad. 

A person with such tendencies, would do it regardless of gender. I doubt these type of people, would change gender simply because it would make it easier to gain access to various locations. 

• Like 1

Aquila King
Just now, RabidMongoose said:

For means there is XY Chromosomes. For females its XX.

What do you call one of these extra sexes you claim exists, and what chromosomes so they have?

If you have to ask, then it just proves you haven't actually read a single scientific article I've quoted and linked for you...

• Like 1

RabidMongoose
3 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

If you have to ask, then it just proves you haven't actually read a single scientific article I've quoted and linked for you...

You haven't posted scientific fact.

And everyone on Earth except you (apparently) realises that biologically speaking human beings only come in two sexes. That is unless something goes wrong and they get a weird merge of both.

You are trying to blur the line between what is biology and what is a lifestyle choice.

Edited by RabidMongoose

XenoFish
4 minutes ago, Mellon Man said:

A person with such tendencies, would do it regardless of gender. I doubt these type of people, would change gender simply because it would make it easier to gain access to various locations. 

Notice I used the word identified. 

Mellon Man
3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Notice I used the word identified. 

I cannot see the relevance. Please assist. 

Surely, you would still be mad if a man who doesnt identifies as a woman, did exactly the same. 

Edited by Mellon Man

XenoFish

Nah, I know my limit gonna bow out. 

Edited by XenoFish

Dark_Grey
10 minutes ago, Mellon Man said:

You dont think Amanda Nunes could crush some of the MtF, if she went FtM? 

In terms of stand up? Not likely. Men are on average 8x stronger than a woman, hence why men and women require different leagues. That's due to the biological features I posted above. If a MtF could land one solid right cross on Nunes, we would be looking at a domestic violence case. Broken eye socket, broken nose...it would bad. The strength and power differential is just too great. The male body has evolved with a throwing (punching,) arm. It's just not a fair fight.

Nunes could win through submission with her high skill level but good freaking luck getting a knockout.

Dark_Grey
22 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Rather, we could just have a sort of 3rd non-binary or gender neutral category for societal functions such as this and just call it a day.

:tu: sounds good

• Like 1