Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eyo, New Here.

WillowLavenders

Hey, I'm Willow.

I've taken an interest in the supernatural and unexplained for a long time, and decided to finally join a forum. I don't know exactly how active I'll be here, too early to say, but this looks like a very interesting place.

I was wondering if Tulpamancy is a topic here. I'm a Tulpamancer myself and currently have a number of eleven headmates, anyone else here take an interest in the topic or is one themselves? 

Eh, besides that I enjoy archery and writing stories and poetry.

If you're reading this, have a lovely day.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, acute said:

This forum is overwhelmingly 'skeptical' but you will learn to ignore the unenlightened.

Is that supposed to be a joke?

Welcome to UM Willow. I know of one tulpa thread, the OP of it had issues with the thought-form they created. If you wish I'll try to find it for you. 

@XenoFish I'd appreciate it, but it's okay if you can't find it. I know digging through threads can be exhausting.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. :st

• Like 1

Hello Willow and welcome to UM!  

As @acute mentioned, the forum is definitely overwhelmingly skeptical.  I'm a skeptic myself, although, I want to believe.  I just haven't found anything that jumps out at me to change me into a believer.....yet.  There's always hope right? :lol:  

Although, you will find a great community of believers and skeptics.  Some of the skeptics can sound a tad snarky, so please don't take their comments to heart.  They just question things, therefore, don't feel afraid to ask questions in return.  It's a discussion forum after all.  Oh and the Moderators are great here too.  :) 

I like to think all of us are good people deep down, just with a whole bunch of differing views on everything. 

Again a big welcome to you and enjoy your stay here with us! :st :-* 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, WillowLavenders said:

@XenoFish I'd appreciate it, but it's okay if you can't find it. I know digging through threads can be exhausting.

• Like 2

Yeah, just to add. It's all about how you approach me that matters. I'm easy to get along with. Courteous to the courteous. I can however be temperamental at times. Figure I'd just give you a heads up. I hope we can have good discussions.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, WillowLavenders said:

@XenoFish Thanks so much!

No problem. I find that the idea of tulpas to be interesting. I also think the tulpa and ghost are basically the same thing. Products of peoples imaginations. Once created through focus and attention, the other belief.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum :st

• Like 2

Welcome to UM WillowLavenders.

Would like to point out the skeptics are not "snarky", we like to ask questions.

As a skeptic myself I find the snarkiness and the we are "unenlightened" comments come from believers who can not accept reasons and facts and therefore often become overly defencive.

Us skeptics are pretty laid back and polite folks, I will leave it to you to make up.your mind which side get hot under the collar.

In the meantime, enjoy, there are some very good topics and debates on here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, WillowLavenders said:

I'm a Tulpamancer myself and currently have a number of eleven headmates,

Hey

Does this mean you live and share thoughts in the heads of 11 other people?

7 hours ago, WillowLavenders said:

Hey, I'm Willow.

I've taken an interest in the supernatural and unexplained for a long time, and decided to finally join a forum. I don't know exactly how active I'll be here, too early to say, but this looks like a very interesting place.

I was wondering if Tulpamancy is a topic here. I'm a Tulpamancer myself and currently have a number of eleven headmates, anyone else here take an interest in the topic or is one themselves? 

Eh, besides that I enjoy archery and writing stories and poetry.

If you're reading this, have a lovely day.

The use of Tuplas can be very dangerous, and if you decide to very hard to make them go away. You say you have Eleven Tuplas, how can you control so many. I am not a true beleiver in the art of creating Tuplas or even in their existence, but I never discouraged or try to change what others choose to beleive. I would be interested in how to can control them, always open to new information.

Welcome to the forum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

Hey

Don't mean to steal his thunder but Tuplas are created in your own mind. The original art of making a Tupla was developed in Tibet. In Tibet they us symbology or symbols that represent the Tupla your trying to awaken in your own mind. This can be dangerous because Tuplas don't always do what you want them too, sometimes they can get a mind of their own. In this case your could refer to it as Tupla possession. By Tibetan beliefs Tuplas are entities that you allow to inhabit your mind.

Now let me be clear I am not a beleiver, I have however done some reading about this subject. Because I once tried to help someone who was convinced that his Tupla was controlling his life, and not in a good way.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 4

I see "tupla" as a more mystouris way of saying imaginary friend, if someone thought an imaganary friend could control them then yeah, they need help.

Hey

Well, no way getting around it. However it's a lot easier to manage then you think since only three I talk to on a daily basis. Of course they aren't just going to float around in the mindscape so eventually an actual "place" developed behind the scenes (best known as a wonderland in tulpamancy terminology) that I suppose they reside in, and they are not always present. I would really only call Vince, Wren, and Orchard my dear friends. My mind is more of... a placeholder for them to have their own free will and thoughts, and since the other seven are soulbonds in a way their own "previous memories." 

I know it does sound very... odd. But you need to realize you can do nearly everything with the power of your mind. Not supernatural stuff involved, actually, just the power of your mind.

@Black Red Devil (does tagging people work? I forgot to quote them)

Edited by WillowLavenders

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

I see "tupla" as a more mystouris way of saying imaginary friend, if someone thought an imaganary friend could control them then yeah, they need help.

It's a bit more complex then you think. Tulpas do often develop off of childhood imaginary friends, Orchard did for me, but the difference between an IF and a Tulpa is rather large. IF are often at the disposal of the host while Tulpas, over time, develop their own actual thoughts, memories, and etc in a segment of your own mind. Though I can't really read their thoughts and they cannot mine, though sometimes it's easy, in the early stages of development, to confuse your mind with theirs.

As for switching... I've tried a while back, but honestly it makes me nervous.

12 hours ago, WillowLavenders said:

It's a bit more complex then you think. Tulpas do often develop off of childhood imaginary friends, Orchard did for me, but the difference between an IF and a Tulpa is rather large. IF are often at the disposal of the host while Tulpas, over time, develop their own actual thoughts, memories, and etc in a segment of your own mind. Though I can't really read their thoughts and they cannot mine, though sometimes it's easy, in the early stages of development, to confuse your mind with theirs.

I apply this alleged control that people think tulpas get like i do the IF or a character in a dream or a multi personality who the persons mind has given the illusion that they are autonomous sentient entities with their own consciousness, no, they only have the power the person has allowed them, akin multi personalities, which seem to "have a mind of their own". Some call multi personality a disorder. And I can fully understand why there is a point that the "host" has lost control but they reasons for this differ to mine.

Most cases tuplas are not of any concern, and akin to IF. However,

I believe this stuff does get out of control and if it gets where it disrupts the persons life or threatens their life or could cause them to harm themselves or others it doesn't matter if we call it a mental disorder or illness or something more mystical the person needs to seek care and treatment for it. Asap.

On 10/19/2019 at 5:19 PM, WillowLavenders said:

Welcome :st

Thanks for explaining. What has sharing with your Tulpas brought you?

16 hours ago, the13bats said:

I believe this stuff does get out of control and if it gets where it disrupts the persons life or threatens their life or could cause them to harm themselves or others it doesn't matter if we call it a mental disorder or illness or something more mystical the person needs to seek care and treatment for it. Asap.

I can agree with that.

1 hour ago, anton00 said:

What has sharing with your Tulpas brought you?

"Sharing" as in speaking/befriending with them or sharing a mind? (pretty sure you mean the last one but just to clarify)

9 minutes ago, WillowLavenders said:

"Sharing" as in speaking/befriending with them or sharing a mind? (pretty sure you mean the last one but just to clarify)

In other words, what have your Tulpas brought you?