Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
WillowLavenders

Eyo, New Here.

39 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

WillowLavenders
1 hour ago, anton00 said:

In other words, what have your Tulpas brought you?

Happiness, belonging, friendship, and emotion are probably the best ways to sum it up.

Plus an open mind to the odd and unexplained.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Black Red Devil
On 10/20/2019 at 2:07 AM, WillowLavenders said:

Well, no way getting around it. However it's a lot easier to manage then you think since only three I talk to on a daily basis. Of course they aren't just going to float around in the mindscape so eventually an actual "place" developed behind the scenes (best known as a wonderland in tulpamancy terminology) that I suppose they reside in, and they are not always present. I would really only call Vince, Wren, and Orchard my dear friends. My mind is more of... a placeholder for them to have their own free will and thoughts, and since the other seven are soulbonds in a way their own "previous memories." 

I know it does sound very... odd. But you need to realize you can do nearly everything with the power of your mind. Not supernatural stuff involved, actually, just the power of your mind.

@Black Red Devil (does tagging people work? I forgot to quote them)

Doctors would call this a Multiple Personality Disorder.  Personally, I think the best you could do is recognise it for what it is instead of placing some mystical meaning behind it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
2 hours ago, WillowLavenders said:

Happiness, belonging, friendship, and emotion are probably the best ways to sum it up.

Real people can not do the same for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Real people can not do the same for you?

Mmm.  Given the power of the mind (as already acknowledged by the OP), it sounds a bit like MPD plus a lot of empathy, imagination and maybe a little synchronicity thrown in...

Before answering the next coupla questions, OP, you may wish to know that I'm oft-regarded as one of them 'terse' skeptics... but .. while people are politely engaging in good faith and listening to other viewpoints, I can be sooo charming..  :D :D

 

Anyway, my questions are:

1. Is this all 'internal'?  If not, in what form/way do the tulpa's manifest?  Do others see or become aware of them?

2. Have you 'tested' them in any way, and if so, how did you go about it?  As a bit of a sciency sorta person, I'm a bit more interested in objective, not subjective tests.  But perhaps subjective testing is not possible, given the answer/s to Q.1.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
On 10/20/2019 at 2:07 AM, WillowLavenders said:

Well, no way getting around it. However it's a lot easier to manage then you think since only three I talk to on a daily basis. Of course they aren't just going to float around in the mindscape so eventually an actual "place" developed behind the scenes (best known as a wonderland in tulpamancy terminology) that I suppose they reside in, and they are not always present. I would really only call Vince, Wren, and Orchard my dear friends. My mind is more of... a placeholder for them to have their own free will and thoughts, and since the other seven are soulbonds in a way their own "previous memories." 

I know it does sound very... odd. But you need to realize you can do nearly everything with the power of your mind. Not supernatural stuff involved, actually, just the power of your mind.

@Black Red Devil (does tagging people work? I forgot to quote them)

Are you sure these are Tulpas,I've created these on several occasions and some of them were witnessed by others.They all have a mischievous energy about them and they only exist for a matter of minutes,not things you could communicate with.Welcome to the forum Willow,we need more aware people on here,you have my support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoodReality
On 10/18/2019 at 11:18 PM, freetoroam said:

I will leave it to you to make up.your mind which side get hot under the collar.

Totally not snarky, lol.

Welcome to the forums!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
8 minutes ago, GoodReality said:

Totally not snarky, lol.

Welcome to the forums!

That is not snarky, it is leaving it up to the op to decide for themselves. :tu:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JVG

Welcome WillowLavenders. It looks like your already off to good start here. Enjoy the sight and the many personalities you will encounter here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WillowLavenders
16 hours ago, openozy said:

Are you sure these are Tulpas,I've created these on several occasions and some of them were witnessed by others.They all have a mischievous energy about them and they only exist for a matter of minutes,not things you could communicate with.Welcome to the forum Willow,we need more aware people on here,you have my support.

Pretty sure. The description you gave doesn't exactly line up. I could create the very basic frame of Tulpa (usually a sort of imaginary friends) in minuets but it would take a while for it to actually develop into something sentient. When you just have an IF usually it shows through blurry replies or simply being controlled by the host. I've also never had any of them witnessed by others, since they are in my mind.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WillowLavenders
19 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Anyway, my questions are:

1. Is this all 'internal'?  If not, in what form/way do the tulpa's manifest?  Do others see or become aware of them?

2. Have you 'tested' them in any way, and if so, how did you go about it?  As a bit of a sciency sorta person, I'm a bit more interested in objective, not subjective tests.  But perhaps subjective testing is not possible, given the answer/s to Q.1.

1. For me, yes. Some Tulpamancers can "switch" where they let the Tulpa control the body. I am very uneducated about this since I have never tried it and it kind of scares me...

2. Hm. Well, I've never really tried anything of the sort besides asking them questions about their experiences in the wonderland and etc. Like I said, we've never tried switching. When I was younger and my imaginary friend began to actually develop into a Tulpa, I didn't exactly treat her like I would a person (me being young and stupid) and I've been paranoid of treating them like objects or subjects since. So it usually is just asking them questions. Though I don't think this is a satisfying answer so I decided to ask Ana what she says being a Tulpa is like:

"Well, it's like having a mind but compacted down into, well, another mind? Like sometimes I can catch feelings of things that aren't my own. It's more freeing at home since I can actually feel like I am separate, but when I am just seeing through Willow's eyes it can be frustrating."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WillowLavenders
On 10/20/2019 at 4:27 PM, XenoFish said:

Real people can not do the same for you?

I've never been too comfortable around people. However, I know complete social separation is unhealthy so I do keep a long-distance friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
56 minutes ago, WillowLavenders said:

Pretty sure. The description you gave doesn't exactly line up. I could create the very basic frame of Tulpa (usually a sort of imaginary friends) in minuets but it would take a while for it to actually develop into something sentient. When you just have an IF usually it shows through blurry replies or simply being controlled by the host. I've also never had any of them witnessed by others, since they are in my mind.

I don't know what you would call the entities I created,one was a giant bat that flew around the house then vanished(also seen by my partner).Another time it was a short squat ball of electricity type thing,it ran at, and through three friends that were over.I was not thinking of anything specific when these materialized but felt the mischievous vibes when they appeared.There are so many variables with the paranormal there is probably no answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WillowLavenders
23 hours ago, openozy said:

I don't know what you would call the entities I created,one was a giant bat that flew around the house then vanished(also seen by my partner).Another time it was a short squat ball of electricity type thing,it ran at, and through three friends that were over.I was not thinking of anything specific when these materialized but felt the mischievous vibes when they appeared.There are so many variables with the paranormal there is probably no answer.

That is really strange. My friend has an experience like this, might post about it eventually.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
1 hour ago, WillowLavenders said:

That is really strange. My friend has an experience like this, might post about it eventually.

I'd be interested to hear about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.