Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who is Scared of Clowns?

TigerBright19

10 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

I love clowns

Your the only person I've heard  say that.

13 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Im also okay with clowns. Maybe its because i work with so many of them...lol

I find the dudes that dress up like Santa to be real creepy. Something just not right. 

Yeah, most one and two year olds don't want anything to do with Santa.  Even if they know who is in the costume.  My sister had a friend who worked as Santa at Dillards one year so we took the kids to see Santa, but we told them we are going to go see Frank wearing his Santa costume.  My sister's two year old loved Frank but she and my two year old screamed when he tried to hug them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

In answer to the OP's question - Who is scared of clowns?

Not me.

Me neither. I had a really cute clown jack-in-the-box when I was little, as well as a really sweet raggedy clown doll, and that is most likely what shaped my perception of them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Clowns are funny but dolls, after ''Dolly Dearest''... That's another story :D 

Being creeper out, unnerved or even afraid of dolls is not that uncommon. For quite a few people dolls fall into the uncanny valley, especially their empty, "dead" glass eyes.

Which actually makes me wonder...since porcelain dolls of clowns are quite a common thing among certain people, whether some people who are unnerved by/afraid of clowns developed it because they had grandmothers/aunts/whatever with rooms full of porcelain clown dolls.  

19 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Being creeper out, unnerved or even afraid of dolls is not that uncommon. For quite a few people dolls fall into the uncanny valley, especially their empty, "dead" glass eyes.

Which actually makes me wonder...since porcelain dolls of clowns are quite a common thing among certain people, whether some people who are unnerved by/afraid of clowns developed it because they had grandmothers/aunts/whatever with rooms full of porcelain clown dolls.  

Everything has to start somewhere, yeah.

I remember seeing clowns as a kid and just not knowing what to think really, and that basically hasn't changed. But I've never found them creepy, no. I like those little squeezy horns they have though. Those used to make me laugh. :(