Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy haunted doll filmed moving on its own

UM-Bot

Oh wow I love stories like this! :sk

Omg on second thoughts, after watching the video, someone please tell me this is a hoax.  Holy moly that's freaky.  I was not expecting that! :o

How does the door open by itself?  How do the eyes open like that?  And the mouth starts moving?  Yikes. 

Not to mention the sheer amount of orbs flying about the room.  I know some people think orbs are dust particles / light etc in the camera, but there seems to be quite a few of them in this clip.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Mr Fritz wants a glass of wine...

~

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Omg on second thoughts, after watching the video, someone please tell me this is a hoax.  Holy moly that's freaky.  I was not expecting that! :o

How does the door open by itself?  How do the eyes open like that?  And the mouth starts moving?  Yikes. 

Not to mention the sheer amount of orbs flying about the room.  I know some people think orbs are dust particles / light etc in the camera, but there seems to be quite a few of them in this clip.

Probably because there is someone in the room kicking up the dust.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Probably because there is someone in the room kicking up the dust.

If you can get dust to behave that way, please post the resulting video.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Fake. Go watch the video on YouTube in the theatre sized player, but don't let it play. Walk through the video second by second.

From 21 secs where you can see changes in the eyes: you can also see changes in the ear, which wouldn't occur if the doll's eyes (cause that isn't a doll, just a head) moved on their own.

The same appears to be the case with the mouth movement. The area below the chin, and on the side of the neck facing the camera also moves - you can see the slight difference when you go second by second through the video. The area of motion in the neck is squared off, which looks manipulated to me. This is pretty clear at the 23 second mark if you stop the video and slowly drag the video bar to 24 seconds. Between 23 and 24 you can see the entire area move.

Even in the beginning where the door opens - most likely a fishing line or something which was manipulated out of the video. When walking through the video second by second, the door swings open, and when it gets to the widest opening it swings back a little.

... either that or someone stole the invisibility cloak from yesterday's posts.

People lie. I don't believe stuff like this unless I'm standing there in the room while it's happening.

Edited by AnonsMouse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I see, throughout the videos, 3 flashes of light ... nothing like what I would consider a lot of "orbs" ... light reflecting off something. They are not even visible when walking through the video second by second. 

I don't believe in orbs anyways, but if I did, I wouldn't consider those blurry flashes orbs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AnonsMouse said:

People lie. I don't believe stuff like this unless I'm standing there in the room while it's happening

I could pull this off with you standing right there with your hand on the top of his head...

Fishing line? Perhaps but very low end these days, fine if all he wanted was this video, but i would want to fool friends and befriend fools.

This is just a different use to an old gimmick i have no clue how high tech they went but the principal is that of a magic trick called "spirt bell" in typical Penn Jillett fashion  i will blow the secret of the illusion, RC controlled electro magnets...and or the tiny motor that makes a phone vibrate,  depends on function you desire,

If constructed corrected you could exam the prop as much as you wanted short of damage and you will not find the gimmick, it could also knock the door open,

So the only real question is was It done for a one off video or to trick people with?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

In my other reply i ran down how i think its done and how i would do it,

So amount of dust makes it more likely paranormal? Oh dear.

As far as "orbs" in my case perhaps i will sound like a bad house keeper but at any time theres that much dust, ahem, sorry "orbs" flying around my basement or attic, actually more.

49 minutes ago, acute said:

If you can get dust to behave that way, please post the resulting video.

20190903_234103.jpg.9dd6e56db85b68e15780d431adf2eadb.jpg

That is my attic window its there year round, lit in oct, he wont leave, ( im just to lazy to take it down ) and I like him there.

When i did this i didnt want it just hanging static, but i didnt want something cantankerous like Disney's floating candlestick mechinisum, I came up with an old school idea, both the happy haunt and candlelstick move, independently and somehow eerily together, its been up there halloween will be year 3, no problems.

And of course when a person sees it they smile and think its fun, or tell me halloween in over,  then they notice its moving, I had a fellow a few weeks back really upset that it moves the way it does.

While not my thing so no I'm not gonna try anytime soon i believe i could "train" dust, ahem, "orbs" to do cool stuff.

*Bonus video

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Interesting you mention that. My son told me the other day that he sees our neighbor who passed away last year in his room. Then he tells me he sees circle lights like orbs in his room. He's only 6 & has no clue how to make that **** up lol. I brushed it off but when the sun sets I sleep with 1 eye open lol

• Like 1

My grandson makes puppets and he has toy robots and a Charlie McCarthy doll.  It won't be long before he is making his Charlie McCarthy doll or some puppet he make do stuff by putting robot parts in it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AnonsMouse said:

From 21 secs where you can see changes in the eyes: you can also see changes in the ear, which wouldn't occur if the doll's eyes (cause that isn't a doll, just a head) moved on their own.

I am not following. Why would the additional subtle movements argue against the eyes moving on their own?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My mate made somthing for his kids a couple of years ago for Halloween with a remote control and the guts from one of them tiny drones,then a couple of months later a head change and hey presto santa claus  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Of course any video nowadays could be faked. But is this one? The guy insists it's not a hoax. See the orbs too!

Papameter 70% Paranormal   25% Hoax  5% Natural

One thing I didn't like is that he put the doll under a lock now and covered with a blanket. I would have encouraged it to do its thing. However other cases might suggest not to encourage such things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Of course any video nowadays could be faked.

Correct.

But is this one?

Highly probable.

The guy insists it's not a hoax.

Of course he does. That's exactly what hoaxers claim.

See the orbs too!

Yep. Nothing paranormal though.

Papameter 70% Paranormal   25% Hoax  5% Natural

Ridiculous, laughable and totally irrelevant.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Ridiculous, laughable and totally irrelevant.

Right back at you.

Serious members have requested Papameter readings in the past on similar cases.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Serious members have requested Papameter readings in the past on similar cases.

qnisie0go4a11.gif

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I missed something, Why was there a camera filming Mr. Fritz at this time?

Sniff, sniff-sniff, hmm, smells like clickbait.

• Like 2