Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery skeleton found on Mount Williamson

UM-Bot

Don't know who it is but this - "The body was found on a boulder field" - is likely the culprit.

• Like 1

Why don't they do dna on the bones and see if they find a relative?  It isn't that expensive any more.

• Like 3

On 10/20/2019 at 12:18 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Why don't they do dna on the bones and see if they find a relative?  It isn't that expensive any more.

With more and more people on the DNA database, it could be a good way !

• Like 2

I think if doing DNA was possible they would have done it. Could have been just some poor person that nobody really cared about. It's sad..

On 10/19/2019 at 2:17 PM, UM-Bot said:

Two climbers ascending California's second-highest peak recently uncovered a decades-old mystery.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/331391/mystery-skeleton-found-on-mount-williamson

Look like they probably found who is the skeleton !

https://edmonton.citynews.ca/2019/10/24/mountain-skeleton-may-be-man-from-japanese-internment-camp/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mountain-skeleton-may-be-man-japanese-internment-camp-n1071171

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Thanks 6

The skeleton was not in a location easily accessed by your normal person on a walk. Climbing over Shepards Pass is a two day adventure that will kick your butt. One report said the body appeared to have been placed deliberately with hands across chest. It probably is the Japanese-American.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

To me, this triggers thoughts of Missing 411 David Paulides books. Some of his accounts of missing persons were found in boulder fields, often after these areas had already been searched by S & R for the missing person.

It sounds to me as if this person was taken by a cryptid and was left here as the others documented in David Paulides' books were. There is a theory that bright colours (which are often worn by hikers and climbers) , particularly yellow, trigger some kind of an attack response in this cryptid causing it to take and kill the hiker.

12 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

To me, this triggers thoughts of Missing 411 David Paulides books. Some of his accounts of missing persons were found in boulder fields, often after these areas had already been searched by S & R for the missing person.

It sounds to me as if this person was taken by a cryptid and was left here as the others documented in David Paulides' books were. There is a theory that bright colours (which are often worn by hikers and climbers) , particularly yellow, trigger some kind of an attack response in this cryptid causing it to take and kill the hiker.

Rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/15/2019 at 5:34 PM, ocpaul20 said:

Since when do cryptids cross a mans arms in peace?

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Thanks 3

On 11/16/2019 at 10:34 AM, ocpaul20 said:

You are joking right? 

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

You are joking right? 

Since when do cryptids cross a mans arms in peace?

Who knows what cryptids do? Some may even be intelligent (Shock! Horror!)

Whatever.

2 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

Who knows what cryptids do? Some may even be intelligent (Shock! Horror!)

Whatever.

So, cryptids are adopting human burial customs? What type of cryptid do you imagine gave the man last rites?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It does not need intelligence to destroy or to attack.

Based on the theories of others, I was suggesting what perhaps happened. If you do not believe that, thats fine. Why should I care?