Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two brothers saw a 'UFO battle' 40 years ago

UM-Bot

Decades old stories from people 10 yo at the time are known for being air tight.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Decades old stories from people 10 yo at the time

Do you expect a 40 year old story to be more recent?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, acute said:

Do you expect a 40 year old story to be more recent?

Nope, I didnt expect anything except a story and got that.

I just can't put much into 40 yo memories of 10 yo at the time, do i believe its possible they saw something? Sure.

• Like 4

Adults say children have imaginations. My experience around them says they call things as they see it.

They will say things that goes on in the family that the parents intended to keep secret from others.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Trelane said:

"Two brothers saw a 'UFO battle' 40 years ago"...sure, of course they did.

Were you there? It's one thing to have a cogent argument, but your flippant dismissal is really lame.

• Like 4

Very interesting. My brother and I, in our twenties, witnessed two ufo's 'dancing in the sky' in daylight. There are differences but reading this account brought back memories. As children we both witnessed two other ufo's at dusk. We remember both those times clearly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When I was 9 years old I witnessed a UFO too.  But I don't think it was a UFO nowadays.  It was probably just a plane.  :P  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

When I was 9 years old I witnessed a UFO too.  But I don't think it was a UFO nowadays.  It was probably just a plane.  :P  

You go that far back? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hawken said:

Adults say children have imaginations. My experience around them says they call things as they see it.

They will say things that goes on in the family that the parents intended to keep secret from others.

In late July 1969, I and the rest of our family were standing in our living room watching the moon landing on our TV.  My youngest brother, who was 7 at the time, went outside and then burst back in, exclaiming "I can see 'em"! I'll leave the point of my post to your own imagination.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hawken said:

I know. They say matter of fact things like you are fat and Santa is my best friend.

What most people apparently do not know is that children do not think like adults. Ideas such as consequences are not well understood by children. Smaller children view possibly everything as being alive.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I know. They say matter of fact things like you are fat and Santa is my best friend.

What most people apparently do not know is that children do not think like adults. Ideas such as consequences are not well understood by children. Smaller children view possibly everything as being alive.

Your right, children havent learned adult subterfuge by that age. They tend to tell it like it is. They're not nearly as dismissive as adults are. You don't give kids enough credit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

It reminds me of an episode of Andy griffith show, Opie about 10 gets a hatchet then a quarter Andy wants to know where from opie tells the story truthfully, Mr mcbeevy, wears a silver hat and jingles where he walks from his extra hands on his belt, can blow smoke out his ears, etc,

Andy and barney do not believe him, it's an example that kids will put something into terms they can grasp and understand, they are prone to enhancement, exaggeration.

This case, In 1980 sci fi from close encounters to starwars was very popular, so space craft and aliens are more in their minds that say weather balloons of the kids in this thread, memory is failable,

I'm not saying the kids didnt see a stimulus but all we have is a 40 yo story from kids im just not taking the tale at face value, these same kids might still believe in fantasies like Santa, Easter bunny, monsters, ghosts, etc.

So questions, did parents look into this make calls to athories, air traffic control,  law enforcement, local press, file a report and check for colabarating reports, did any of that happen? If not why not? And if it did where did it go?

Is there more to it or just an antique story from kids?

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Your right, children havent learned adult subterfuge by that age. They tend to tell it like it is. They're not nearly as dismissive as adults are. You don't give kids enough credit.

Actually that is not what I am saying. Children do not think in the same manner of adults. Kids are not small adults. I provided ver little in the form of links but you should look into that issue. It's fascinating

• Like 3

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

It reminds me of an episode of Andy griffith show, Opie about 10 gets a hatchet then a quarter Andy wants to know where from opie tells the story truthfully, Mr mcbeevy, wears a silver hat and jingles where he walks from his extra hands on his belt, can blow smoke out his ears, etc,

Andy and barney do not believe him, it's an example that kids will put something into terms they can grasp and understand, they are prone to enhancement, exaggeration.

This case, In 1980 sci fi from close encounters to starwars was very popular, so space craft and aliens are more in their minds that say weather balloons of the kids in this thread, memory is failable,

I'm not saying the kids didnt see a stimulus but all we have is a 40 yo story from kids im just not taking the tale at face value, these same kids might still believe in fantasies like Santa, Easter bunny, monsters, ghosts, etc.

So questions, did parents look into this make calls to athories, air traffic control,  law enforcement, local press, file a report and check for colabarating reports, did any of that happen? If not why not? And if it did where did it go?

Is there more to it or just an antique story from kids?

One of the brothers didn't research it for 30 years.  Then he finds it matched with the Stirling UFO Crash.

Luckily the Brothers kept record of the date and time, they saw this event, to make things easier when they eventually get around to looking into it.

I'm sure that the line of sight from Aldgate to Stirling continues to Adelaide Airport is merely a coincidence.

:rolleyes:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Gaden said:

In late July 1969, I and the rest of our family were standing in our living room watching the moon landing on our TV.  My youngest brother, who was 7 at the time, went outside and then burst back in, exclaiming "I can see 'em"! I'll leave the point of my post to your own imagination.

I've also heard children say around a group of people that they woke up one mourning and walked into their parents bedroom

and said they weren't wearing their pajamas in bed and naked. The parents were obviously red with embarrassment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

One of the brothers didn't research it for 30 years.  Then he finds it matched with the Stirling UFO Crash.

Luckily the Brothers kept record of the date and time, they saw this event, to make things easier when they eventually get around to looking into it.

I'm sure that the line of sight from Aldgate to Stirling continues to Adelaide Airport is merely a coincidence.

:rolleyes:

This has a Chris Styles shag harbor feel to me, style does care much when the alleged object falls but decades later when watching roswell on unsolved mysteries decided to write his own book based on opinions and lacking names, or colabarating documents.

So 10 year olds care so some much they jot down time and date of an alleged event yet care so little they dont do any research at the time and call it a "campfire tale" then when they see some other guy claims a craft crashed in his tree with of course zero evidence the brothers are adamant not only did they see it that night decades ago but it had to be alien could not be anything else,

I'm tired, boed so ill jump right to "HOGWASH".

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, the13bats said:

This has a Chris Styles shag harbor feel to me, style does care much when the alleged object falls but decades later when watching roswell on unsolved mysteries decided to write his own book based on opinions and lacking names, or colabarating documents.

So 10 year olds care so some much they jot down time and date of an alleged event yet care so little they dont do any research at the time and call it a "campfire tale" then when they see some other guy claims a craft crashed in his tree with of course zero evidence the brothers are adamant not only did they see it that night decades ago but it had to be alien could not be anything else,

I'm tired, boed so ill jump right to "HOGWASH".

The Ash Wednesday Bushfires of 1980 happened a week later in the same general area.  Makes me wonder if they saw something unusual but forgot a significant event that may have been related to it.

Still seems they shoehorned their memories into the Stirling UFO Crash.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

The Ash Wednesday Bushfires of 1980 happened a week later in the same general area.  Makes me wonder if they saw something unusual but forgot a significant event that may have been related to it.

Still seems they shoehorned their memories into the Stirling UFO Crash.

Kind of a bandwagon type effect,

I can't count how many times 10 20 30 years later a person will tell a story about a night at the club or a band we booked that is obvious they were not at the actual event they are describing, but rather tagging onto someone else tale or just completely wrong,

I recall a fellow really getting p***ed at me because his description of the band room and where it was had zero to do with reality, it was somehow my fault.

The OP case has a intriguging part to me, did the kids hear tell of the Stirling event at the time or just decades later,  as a kid I would recall a alleged alien craft crash over a brush fire.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:02 PM, Hankenhunter said:

Were you there? It's one thing to have a cogent argument, but your flippant dismissal is really lame.

To blindly believe a outrageous claim that has not been told for 40 years with nothing but a recounting of the event is equally lame. Thanks for playing though.

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

There are no UFO`s, there`s only  lights of  comets  ect  in the skies or planes of experiments.

There are ufos. They're just unidentified flying objects. Bugs me when people use the term UFO incorrectly, you cant make up your own definition for something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/21/2019 at 2:09 AM, Hawken said:

I've also heard children say around a group of people that they woke up one mourning and walked into their parents bedroom

and said they weren't wearing their pajamas in bed and naked. The parents were obviously red with embarrassment

You've heard children say that? Really? What is your point?

When you said "Adults say children have imaginations. My experience around them says they call things as they see it."

I related an experience from my own life that showed how children have an imagination, you come back with what appears to be part of an old joke. I'd bet that most everyone reading this could relate their own story demonstrating the imaginations of children. Good grief, an entire industry is based on children's  imaginations. We have books, movies, cartoons and folk tales. Don't bother mentioning they are created by adults, because they exist due to children's imagination. You only have to listen to a child speak for a very short time before you begin to appreciate their imagination.

• Like 1