Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two brothers saw a 'UFO battle' 40 years ago

UM-Bot

6 hours ago, Gaden said:

You've heard children say that? Really? What is your point?

When you said "Adults say children have imaginations. My experience around them says they call things as they see it."

I related an experience from my own life that showed how children have an imagination, you come back with what appears to be part of an old joke. I'd bet that most everyone reading this could relate their own story demonstrating the imaginations of children. Good grief, an entire industry is based on children's  imaginations. We have books, movies, cartoons and folk tales. Don't bother mentioning they are created by adults, because they exist due to children's imagination. You only have to listen to a child speak for a very short time before you begin to appreciate their imagination.

Yes children make up things and have imaginations. But they also tell things they witness. Not everything that comes out of their mouth is imagination. If they see something that frightens them and covey to an adult about it with fear in their eyes and a shaky voice. I don't think they rehearsed their acting skills trying to pull a fast one on the adults. If you can't see it in their body language, than you're blind.

Edited by Hawken

14 hours ago, Hawken said:

Yes children make up things and have imaginations. But they also tell things they witness. Not everything that comes out of their mouth is imagination. If they see something that frightens them and covey to an adult about it with fear in their eyes and a shaky voice. I don't think they rehearsed their acting skills trying to pull a fast one on the adults. If you can't see it in their body language, than you're blind.

I see that fear in children even when there is nothing there. Fear of a bear when all can see there is no bear around. I'm well aware of bears. I have one visiting my house every few days. 

The problem with children is that they do not think as adults do. It is hard at times to separate out their imagination from what is real.

I go both ways kids embelish and other times tell the truth, ( the best they can ) if a kid doesnt know what they are seeing they will try to fit it in, 10 yos in 80 would have been hugely influenced by all the starwars type movies.

However,

In this case i think these kids are just coat tail surfing the alleged Stirling crash,

• Like 2

10 hours ago, stereologist said:

I see that fear in children even when there is nothing there. Fear of a bear when all can see there is no bear around. I'm well aware of bears. I have one visiting my house every few days. 

The problem with children is that they do not think as adults do. It is hard at times to separate out their imagination from what is real.

fp.png

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Hawken said:

fp.png

Hawken, one of my favorite bear stories was when my daughter was a teen. She was home alone when she heard a disturbance in the basement. She thinks an animal is in the basement and when she looks she sees that the basement door was ajar. She doesn't want to go to the door and close it for fear that a wild animal might appear at the door. She backs off to a door leading outside. It has a screen door so she goes through that and looks into the house listen to the banging around coming out of the basement. She stares in through the screen door waiting for whatever beast is in the basement to come upstairs to the main floor. About 5 minutes into this stake out of hers she hears a sound behind her. About 10 feet from her is the bear wondering what she is doing staring into the house. Apparently she can move really fast when she wants to.

• Like 1

I believe stories like this but this could have been experimental aircraft amongst other possibilities. I understand the term UFO Only means unidentified flying object not necessarily extraterrestrial so I never assume it's extraterrestrial. The public is not made aware of the newest experimental technology it's all secret many people don't think about this they just assume it's got to be extraterrestrial and use the term UFO to denote this, well I don't think most people know what we're actually capable of these days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kel_kel said:

I believe stories like this but this could have been experimental aircraft amongst other possibilities. I understand the term UFO Only means unidentified flying object not necessarily extraterrestrial so I never assume it's extraterrestrial. The public is not made aware of the newest experimental technology it's all secret many people don't think about this they just assume it's got to be extraterrestrial and use the term UFO to denote this, well I don't think most people know what we're actually capable of these days.

Get ready there is a cult of dear blind faith true believers who insist that we ( people who think like you and i do )  claim UFOs do not exist....and it gets better, they seldom come right out and say that UFO means "alien"  ( because it sounds so silly ) but they make it clear that to them UFO means alien.

Edited by the13bats

Perhaps they time slipped back in time to 40yrs ago watched a ufo battle then slipped back upto date then reported it ..... see simple if you think logically lol

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 5:38 PM, Hawken said:

You seem to be confusing 'imagination' and 'fabrication'. If a child comes screaming from their bedroom saying they saw a 'bogeyman', and investigation discovers a coat hanging on a door, it would be fair to say the child's imagination ran away with him, but was not fabricating a story. This is one of the main problems in all of these UFO and bigfoot stories. The seed is planted in gullible peoples minds so that when they see something they can not identify, aliens and large, hairy bipeds are the only possibilities.

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

UFO`s are only sightings of  the refections of lights :)

That is just one explanation of 1000s of explanations of UFOs.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 1:58 PM, kel_kel said:

This sighting was experimental aircraft?  Where from?

• Like 1

I don't know where it was from but I suspect it was probably terrestrial but I don't have a closed mind about it either. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kel_kel said:

I don't know where it was from but I suspect it was probably terrestrial but I don't have a closed mind about it either. 

Why? Can you give more detail what it was and why it was where it was?