Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost?

Atown

12 minutes ago, Atown said:

https://youtu.be/YaKHoX2UEeY

This video was taken at my grandma's house through one of her security cameras. 

Speaking of Ghosts, your link to you tube is DEAD. When you start a link, it is important to also give some context to the link you provided. So reload the link and also write down a little background on the story.

Welcome to the Form.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The link works when I click it. Try it again! Well I dont really have much context, grandma lives alone and this was about 12:20am. There is an object that flies across the screen and disappears into the ceiling. (My first thought was paper airplane, but I promise only grandma is home and in bed sleeping when this happened) We have been seeing other weird things on camera too. Just the other night it sounded like someone struck a xylophone twice, also very early morning. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Atown said:

That is a interesting video, if you stop it and run it back slow you can get a better look when it's not moving. I don't think it's Ghost, but what it is I am uncertain. However, it looks like some kind of double exposure of something, I suspect it's nothing more than some form of special effects.

Thanks for sharing

• Like 1

@Atown   It certainly looks suspicious like a more advanced spiritual orb perhaps. If this is in combination with other suggestive events then that increases the likelihood of a non-physical entity.

Why does your grandma have security cameras set up inside the house? Is it because of the weird activity?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Moth.

I dont think its a moth. No wing beats. Whatever it is flies smoothly. To be honest, my first impression at the very beginning was that it looks like a paper airplane. Then it shrunk rapidly. Weird. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, nobody can use the fuzzy video excuse. Great shot. 

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Thanks 1

You said you saw other things on the camera, could you show them to us? Thanks

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Why does your grandma have security cameras set up inside the house? Is it because of the weird activity?

Your honor, PG is attempting to lead the witness. lol.

The OP stated other stuff happened just hasn't posted it yet.

25 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Well, nobody can use the fuzzy video excuse. Great shot. 

Fuzzy, out of focus videos are not an "excuse"  they are the normal state of evidence presented for evaluation, their value is very low, this video isnt fuzzy but it also provides very little useful information, all we have is an object physical or 'shopped that appears to quickly fly thru the cams vision.

i see why the OP says it's not a paper plane because it looks just like one  thrown from next to the cam, so sure dismiss the obvious.

it also has a feel of tampered with and lets face it you aren't gonna admit hoax if you pulled a hoax,

I see how it starts and flies like it's powered almost then looks to disappear into the ceiling, I just use a tiny screen note 5 and less than great vision so i did the manwon slow it down idea,

Then I see the way it flies looks a lot like how micro rc planes fly,

TK-EC10405B-lg.jpg.7220ed8e859bc6039b9c5af0cd4bfa91.jpg

and at the end where it goes into the ceiling i see more,  do you see it?

Ghost? Nope! Paranormal? Nope! At least I do not see anything to go that way,

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Atown said:

My first thought was paper airplane

Funny you should that say, that was my first thought after seeing that too!  :lol:

It looks like a paper plane at first....but then I thought it looked like it turned into something like a torch light/laser pointer.  I don't know what you'd call it, but something that has a light source?  It all happens so fast.  

Why was the camera set up originally if you don't mind me asking?

Btw, welcome to UM and thanks for sharing this vid with us. :) 

EDIT:  This has to be some sort of physical object - do you guys see the shadow on the far cabinet as it flys over?  

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Like 3

Looks like a moth.  Here it is compared with two other moth photos.

moth1.png

The camera is just in sync with the wings flapping.  e.g.

Floating helicopter.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Grandma has dementia and walked out of her own house to the library at 2 in the morning in pajamas a few weeks ago. She cant go to a nursing home because she had a serious gluten allergy. I assure you again I have no reason to alter this video. 

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

Your honor, PG is attempting to lead the witness. lol.

The OP stated other stuff happened just hasn't posted it yet.

But bats, even that doesn't necessarily explain the camera. I seriously want to know.

And later posts suggest the camera was to keep tabs on a wandering dementia patient.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

Ghost? Nope! Paranormal? Nope! At least I do not see anything to go that way,

Let's throw the old Papameter probes on this one:

Papameter  55% Paranormal  44% Natural   1% Hoax

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Looks like a moth.  Here it is compared with two other moth photos.

moth1.png

The camera is just in sync with the wings flapping.  e.g.

Floating helicopter.

Like skyfish photo anomaly in a way,

You get the bats

257c6b63c49e3f0b8d4f0bd1a7905577.jpg.ea843da3f68b16b097e4eea172c0ec20.jpg

Award.

18 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

But bats, even that doesn't necessarily explain the camera. I seriously want to know.

And later posts suggest the camera was to keep tabs on a wandering dementia patient.

Aaron nailed it for me for now,  and oddly my mom went into a nursing home because of serious issues.

If no one is watching the cam on live feed then it won't help in this case much to keep granny from running off,

Actually this camera sends a notification to our cell phones when movement is detected. My parents live 1 mile away and 85 year old grandma does not move fast...hence the reason the video is so short. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Aaron nailed it for me for now, 

Were Aaron's moth photos taken indoors on a granny cam? Be more skeptical bats instead of jumping to every normal conclusion you hear. But you are a true 'natural' believer. (notice how I flipped our usual narrative)

16 minutes ago, the13bats said:

and oddly my mom went into a nursing home because of serious issues.

If no one is watching the cam on live feed then it won't help in this case much to keep granny from running off,

And actually I just had my mom on a granny cam for dementia. Motion detection is used to instantly alert remote relatives. I certainly don't think a moth would look like that on a granny cam or even move that fast or even alert motion detection. I can't know that with certainty so the old meter gave the moth possibility still a healthy chance.

Edited by papageorge1