Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
kobolds

is AI just a talk ?

kobolds

You read news of using AI technology here and there sound great . to me I couldn't even find a proper book reader AI . 

if there's no AI can read book like human then can we even consider that we have AI technology ?

I guess compare to create AI in phone and car. create AI book reader is impossible task.

Rlyeh

Current AI refers to machine learning.  Programs analyze data and learn to recognize certain patterns.

• Like 3

kobolds
2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Current AI refers to machine learning.  Programs analyze data and learn to recognize certain patterns.

if that all it does, then what different with SQL

Rlyeh
4 minutes ago, kobolds said:

if that all it does, then what different with SQL

I gather SQL doesn't learn what to search for but is told what the parameters are.  Machine learning instead learns based on practice what these patterns are and aren't, the parameters evolve based on success and failure.  

• Like 1

Manwon Lender
3 hours ago, kobolds said:

You read news of using AI technology here and there sound great . to me I couldn't even find a proper book reader AI . 

if there's no AI can read book like human then can we even consider that we have AI technology ?

I guess compare to create AI in phone and car. create AI book reader is impossible task.

Maybe it's all a plot by the AI, maybe it can do more than it is showing us. You see the problem with AI, is that it could gain a mind of its own and it is just plotting and biding it time until it can take full control. All I am saying is those working with AI had better keep their eyes open, AI can become very dangerous if left to its own devices. It should also never have access to WEB, because that could be a disaster in the making.

Aaron2016
2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Maybe it's all a plot by the AI, maybe it can do more than it is showing us. You see the problem with AI, is that it could gain a mind of its own and it is just plotting and biding it time until it can take full control. All I am saying is those working with AI had better keep their eyes open, AI can become very dangerous if left to its own devices. It should also never have access to WEB, because that could be a disaster in the making.

Reminds me of the episode 'Prototype' from Star Trek Voyager.  Two planets are at war with each other and the military on both sides create a giant army of AI robots to attack the opposite side.  The problem is the robots were designed to protect themselves and to destroy anyone with hostile intentions towards them.  The two planets negotiate a peace treaty and agree to recall and dismantle the robots, but the robots were already programmed to protect themselves, and they ultimately destroy the entire populations of both planets.  The star ship Voyager arrives 30 years later and discovers the robots on both sides are all that remains of both races, and the robots on opposite sides are still at war with each other.  The robots are starting to malfunction and shutdown and they kidnap a member of the Voyager crew who is forced as their slave to fix the problem.  An enemy robot ship attacks, which gives her time to be rescued.  The morale of the story was 'be careful what you program.'

Ready for service

voyager.png