Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Phone 'skin' that can 'feel the user's grasp'

Still Waters

An artificial skin that wraps around a mobile phone can "feel the user's grasp", researchers have said.

The spongey-looking jacket, created using two layers of silicone, has the ability "to detect tickling, caressing, even twisting and pinching", they added.

Emojis can be created, based on how a handset is being held.

The idea is to echo natural human communication, of which touch is often an important part.

https://news.sky.com/story/the-phone-skin-that-can-feel-the-users-grasp-11841066

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

An artificial skin that wraps around a mobile phone can "feel the user's grasp", researchers have said.

The spongey-looking jacket, created using two layers of silicone, has the ability "to detect tickling, caressing, even twisting and pinching", they added.

Emojis can be created, based on how a handset is being held.

The idea is to echo natural human communication, of which touch is often an important part.

https://news.sky.com/story/the-phone-skin-that-can-feel-the-users-grasp-11841066

27 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Why is my phone moaning?!?

I was going to say let's see how long this takes to get NSFW

• Haha 1

Hmmm... let me get this straight.  This thing seems to have the potential to record given emotional states at specific times and keep a record of them?  What could go wrong with that?  Sounds like a wonderful idea, for Big Brother's plans ;)