Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why not prove it?

XenoFish

9 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Name one who ISN'T a scam artist....

People who honestly believe themselves to be mediums. 

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Yeah.

I was just pointing out to Jodie that believers of mediums would not count his proof test as valid because they don't expect it to be able to give exact information.

I'd think both skeptics and believers would have a exact standard of proof. Guess work isn't proof. It's a guess. If I wrote 3 numbers or 3 random letters on the back of an index card. Told the medium/telepathy/run of the mill psychic claimant to tell me those numbers/letters, I would want the exact numbers/letters. 

Just now, spartan max2 said:

People who honestly believe themselves to be mediums. 

Isn't that just self-delusion though? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

We do. We can't control your acceptance.

No you don't. All we get are poorly done studies, with inconclusive and nearly unrepeatable results. At most we get some quantum woo as an answer. So go for it. Provide your best supporting evidence. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Most people are not of aware of the quality of the scientific evidence for psychic functioning because academia and the hard sciences have a materialist bent.  Some hard-core skeptics have dug in to fight forever.

Bull-scheisse! You are claiming some scientific conspiracy theory, that doesn't hold water, proving your chosen belief in woo over observable facts.

DO YOU NOT realize that if just ONE of the woo believing fantasists could demonstrate and PROVE "supernatural" abilities, how that would entirely change the paradigm of science?.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Isn't that just self-delusion though? 

Yeah

But in response to Jodie I don't count that as a scammer. Scammers are people who know they are full of BS and still take advantage of others. 

• Like 1

Just now, spartan max2 said:

Yeah

But in response to Jodie I don't count that as a scammer. Scammers are people who know they are full of BS and still take advantage of others. 

I get your point. A scammer is someone who intentionally deceives others for personal, perhaps monetary reasons. Other than that they are delusion or mentally ill. Such as being schizophrenic to some degree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No you don't. All we get are poorly done studies, with inconclusive and nearly unrepeatable results. At more we get some quantum woo as an answer.

I consider that confirmation of my earlier posts.

Some hard-core skeptics have dug in to fight forever for personal reasons.

We can't control your acceptance.

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

So go for it. Provide your best supporting evidence. 

Been done with you guys too many times to do it again.

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Most people are not of aware of the quality of the scientific evidence for psychic functioning because academia and the hard sciences have a materialist bent

I'm aware of the quality of the evidence, it's terrible.  Otherwise you wouldn't have to resort to making up psychological mumbo-jumbo/projections (sadly, a very popular 'argument' here recently) to explain why the field of 'psychic functioning' is not overrun with scientists researching it; "the scientists are just biased by materialism, dontcha know".

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I've heard also of people performing telekinesis also repeatedly under controlled conditions

You believe everything you hear?

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The more dramatic paranormal stuff is spontaneous so not subject to controlled testing.

Kinda convenient though, wouldn't you agree?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

believers of mediums would not count his proof test as valid because they don't expect it to be able to give exact information.

Why not? Of what value is some vague, generalized 'prediction' or information? As comparison, if you took a maths test, would it be expected to give an exact answer, or a "more-or-less, kinda-sorta-in-the-ballpark" figure?

"Yes, Jodie, I'm in contact with your Grandfather.... He indicates you were his favorite granddaughter..... The gold is buried in the field..."

If I got this as a message from a medium, from "the other side", I would KNOW that the medium was a BS con artist.

• Like 3

The "team" are having another of their regular "Field Days" ! Alas, the subject that most fascinates them, is one that is apparently void of all reality, or so they say ! And yet, they pride themselves on being realists ? Most peculiar, mama !

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Bull-scheisse! You are claiming some scientific conspiracy theory, that doesn't hold water, proving your chosen belief in woo over observable facts.

Some scientists are already on-board with newer paradigms. It's controversial now, not settled.

7 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

DO YOU NOT realize that if just ONE of the woo believing fantasists could demonstrate and PROVE "supernatural" abilities, how that would entirely change the paradigm of science?.

That is coming I believe. It will involve extra-dimensional models of reality.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I consider that confirmation of my earlier posts.

Some hard-core skeptics have dug in to fight forever for personal reasons.

Been done with you guys too many times to do it again.

Then do better. With better evidence, better support, better proof. Have you ever consider we are not only challenging your position but our own as well? Has that possibility crossed your mind, I doubt it. You are set on some non-materialistic viewpoint where anything that contradict your views is aggressively dismissed.

Any times some paranormal thread pops up, you bring out the bias meter and it always hits 100% regardless of what imaginary percent you give us. And not we haven't have anything convincing yet, nothing that has challenged our belief, especially mine. Maybe one day. Doesn't seem like it will happen though.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

The "team" are having another of their regular "Field Days" ! Alas, the subject that most fascinates them, is one that is apparently void of all reality, or so they say ! And yet, they pride themselves on being realists ? Most peculiar, mama !

Will you shut up with the Team crap? It has gotten beyond old and if you're not going to be a productive member of this thread, shove off. Go to another thread and troll there. If all else fails I will report every single post you make. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I'm aware of the quality of the evidence, it's terrible.  Otherwise you wouldn't have to resort to making up psychological mumbo-jumbo/projections (sadly, a very popular 'argument' here recently) to explain why the field of 'psychic functioning' is not overrun with scientists researching it; "the scientists are just biased by materialism, dontcha know".

You believe everything you hear?

Kinda convenient though, wouldn't you agree?

Well you sound like a text-book example too of what I've been saying to Xeno;

Some hard-core skeptics have dug in to fight forever for personal reasons. Any study you don't like can be called terrible and argued into infinity.

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Then do better. With better evidence, better support, better proof. 

So who will be the final judge whose verdict everyone accepts?

No such thing so we could be here forever.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Well you sound like a text-book example too of what I've been saying to Xeno;

Some hard-core skeptics have dug in to fight forever for personal reasons. Any study you don't like can be called terrible and argued into infinity.

Can you or can you not support your beliefs by providing studies that show such supernatural abilities are real and proven? If not you're a broken record. Stuck on repeat. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Why not? Of what value is some vague, generalized 'prediction' or information? As comparison, if you took a maths test, would it be expected to give an exact answer, or a "more-or-less, kinda-sorta-in-the-ballpark" figure?

"Yes, Jodie, I'm in contact with your Grandfather.... He indicates you were his favorite granddaughter..... The gold is buried in the field..."

If I got this as a message from a medium, from "the other side", I would KNOW that the medium was a BS con artist.

Imagine for a moment that you believe that there are people who communicate with the dead, you believe they do this through a connection that gives them feelings and images. 

If you honestly 100 percent are a believer of that then the idea that it has to be proven through exact verbal information would seem like appels and oranges. 

That's all I'm trying to say lol. 

In your example a medium would more be like:

" I am getting feelings of great love. And... I'm seeing a meadow, an opening, some kind of field?".

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Will you shut up with the Team crap? It has gotten beyond old and if you're not going to be a productive member of this thread, shove off. Go to another thread and troll there. If all else fails I will report every single post you make. 

You sir, are not the arbiter of what constitutes productive comment, that appears to be code for "just agree with me, and all will be well" !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Can you or can you not support your beliefs by providing studies that show such supernatural abilities are real and proven? If not you're a broken record. Stuck on repeat. 

I can as I said.

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

In your example a medium would more be like:

" I am getting feelings of great love. And... I'm seeing a meadow, an opening, some kind of field?".

Damn near anyone can do that. Oh, oh I'm getting something. I get a feeling that at some point in this thread a moderator will show up, will issue warnings. I can see it, I see a 1 and a 0, yes I feel that by page 10 a mod will show up. I can just see it. 

See even I can do it and if I'm right my vision was true, if not then I'm full of ****. Might as well just make a wish and flip a quarter. Heads your wish will come true, tails it won't. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You sir, are not the arbiter of what constitutes productive comment, that appears to be code for "just agree with me, and all will be well" !

It's a warning to you. I have had enough of your trolling. I've seen you do it thread after thread without any apparent repercussions. Can you be productive in this thread or not?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

That is coming I believe. It will involve extra-dimensional models of reality.

THIS is not what you claimed earlier:

Most people are not of aware of the quality of the scientific evidence for psychic functioning because academia and the hard sciences have a materialist bent.  Some hard-core skeptics have dug in to fight forever for personal reasons.

If you have evidence, or claim that prime evidence has been presented, then why not show it?

If I had 100% bona fide, certifiable & verifiable evidence of a housecat sized, fire-breathing dragon living with me, why would I present Z-grade evidence to prove it's existence?

You want to believe in woocrap theories, because, whatever your reasons are ( I'm not a mind reader, so I don't know ). You have proof of all this stuff? Then frellin' present your #1 BEST argument. Until then, all your claims and assertions are of null value.

Put up, or shut up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

It's a warning to you. I have had enough of your trolling. I've seen you do it thread after thread without any apparent repercussions. Can you be productive in this thread or not?

You reveal yourself to be a bully.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Habitat said:

You reveal yourself to be a bully.

I want my thread to stay on topic. So either get on topic and stay on topic or I will report you for derailment and trolling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

• The topic was locked