Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Instinct or something else?

confusedmom

Spoiler

death 

ok so I dont wanna sound like a crazy lady first off.  but I find it odd and more than a coincidence.

2017: 

I was chatting with my mom about her birthday and what she did. we talked for a bit before she let me go( but I have to start off by saying I NEVER EVER say I LOVE YOU FIRST) so she was telling me she would call me the next day and I got this HUGE urge to say I LOVE YOU...and when she didnt say it back I LOUDLY said " say I love you back damb it lol !!! which of course she did!!! Now that was the last time I spoke to her she passed away that night... now why would I of got that urge? I never am like that?? and of course i brushed it off...

2019: 

just before mother's day and my gma bday I went to visit her 6 hrs away. When I got there I had this URGE to tell her how much she meant to me, and how much of a great mother and grandmother she was..that I truly loved and appreciated everything she did for us... so after a very long wonderful day, the kids and I dropped her off at the HOME and I had to tell her all of these things before I left..I was sick in the stomach about it. so I did. The next phone call I got a little less than a month later was she had a stroke!! we all went to see her but she was almost gone already wasnt speaking or understanding or even awake..she passed away that night!!! NOw I'm kinda questioning my instincts at this point but it could just be coincidence right????

ok so I spent 30 day with my GPA after grandma passed to keep him company. I go home and tell him I'll be back in a few weeks... skip 2 weeks later and he had a stroke!! fml.. at this point were almost at his house just to have to turn around cause he is in the hospital now!!! I go see him many times and never got this urge so i felt pretty confident he was gunna pull through. Well were sitting there ALONE and he is following people with his eyes (he can't speak at this point) and I get this feeling like there is people there...not alive people..so later that night we leave baby girl at hospital with Goa and auntie while I go get my driver to take me home to sleep. I walk back in the hospital door AND INSTANTLY GET A SICK SICK FEELING AND UTS GETTING WORSE AS I WALK TO HIS ROOM....I KNEW THIS FEELING ALL TO WELL!!! I HAD THE URGE AGAIN... so I walked up to him and told him I was gunna miss him very much and how much of an impact he left in this world...I said I am probably not going to see you tomorrow but I want you to know that I love you so much and we both cried....

Now when I went to car I instantly balled and it threw everyone in the vehicle OFF?? (I dont cry in front of people) they asked what's wrong... I proceeded to tell them..." IM JUST GUNNA SAY IT SO I DONT SOUND LIKE A CRAZY LADY TOMORROW.... THATS THE LAST TIME IM GOING TO SEE HIM... I GOT THAT URGE AGAIN... 

AND LOW AND BEGILD HE PASSED AWAY THAT NIGHT.....

So my main question is... was it instinct? or is it more than that? How the hell did I know?

• Like 2

I have had similar experiences, so I will relate my story:  I have been told by many respected mediums that I possess a "healing energy".

Spiritual Healing is not just to help someone to live, but also to help them to die. It doesn't have to be done deliberately, it can be a natural result of someone being in your presence. It is nothing to feel guilty about (You haven't killed anyone!)  It's a gift you have given them, to help them cross over when it's their time.

To sum up... It's possible that you have extra-sensory precognition or a strong healing energy.  Either way, it's nothing to worry about.

Edited by acute
  • Like 2

I had a friend who had  undiagnosed terminal cancer.One night I was talking on the phone and a deep almost evil voice came out of me and told her"YOU WIL BE DEAD IN 6 MONTHS"she asked why I said that and I replied it wasn't me.She did find she had cancer and did die in 6 months.I was very shaken by this,like I was the harbinger of doom.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Have you had any other paranormal experiences?, as you sound very open and sensitive as I am,I've had a lifetime of different experiences of this and other kinds of unexplainable stuff.

• Like 2

My theory is time machine fowarding i dont really how to explain it myself so

I finally found my words so on a spiritual level i think they possess hitech and the time machine must be involved .

I eard about whe chose our name and familly before born and computers on the other side.

Hi @confusedmom and welcome to UM.

I remember back to the final time I saw my (now deceased) Dad and hugging him goodbye. I had a sense on some level that it would be the last time, but, even then I blew it off to just being aware he was quite seriously ill and older and it was always possible. I did not take it as anything paranormal, just instinctive. A worry, I guess.

But, it was the last hug it turned out.

I am actively alive to psychic senses, but, looking back, I cannot say that was really it. I had a sense it was the last hug, but it was below active conscious thought for me, to be honest. I felt uneasy as we left the house, it was in my mind, but, I hushed it.

I think we know on some level with people we are close to. I am not sure it is anything paranormal other than how sometimes bonds of love can take on a life of their own perhaps. 

This was my experience, I do not mean to say anything about yours. You know what you felt, I do not. Just sharing.

I wish you well :) 

• Like 2

I have had many paranormal experiences since I was little...even physically being thrown down as a child. but nothing to that extent in my later years. But not sure how that would connect me having a gut feeling to say my LAST goodbyes and I love yours? I had this nightmare since I was a kid and couldn't explain..cause it wasnt a visual but more of a feeling? I had this same nightmare from the age of 5 to 13 and then it went away... but when I got the call that my mom passed the feeling I got HIT ME HARDER XAUSE THAT WAS MY NIGHTMARE. I dont know how to explain without sounding crazy to my fam or friends and get told its nothing but how is it possible if it's normal? and why haven't I heard of anyone else experiencing it?

6 hours ago, confusedmom said:

why haven't I heard of anyone else experiencing it?

Most don't talk about this sort of thing, or if they do, they get mocked into silence by people who do not have experience like that.

The loss of a loved one hits you very hard. We all experience such losses differently. 

Why you feel this way I could not say off the top of my head. I do not think there is a cookie cutter answer. If you believe in past lives, maybe you lost before and it was terrible in consequences. This life you need to learn to take it in better stride? Or if you don't believe in that sort of thing, then you simply picked up on something and knew subconsciously or instinctively it was the last time and felt it deeply.

You aren't alone, but again, few talk about such things and feelings or wonderings on these public forums. So many do not believe a bit of it and there is no room in their world for anyone to think otherwise. 

I am sorry for your loss. And mine, Losing a loved one is among the worst experiences in life.

• The title was changed to Instinct or something else?