Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Trump

docyabut2

10 hours ago, hacktorp said:

For your linked article, we can go with "whatnot".

The wars are ending...and it's Trump that's getting it done.  Obama couldn't carry Trump's jockstrap if he had a wheelbarrow and an extra hand.

Thats the problem with americans and politics. They swear to a person, instead of the constitution like we should. And revert to acting like crazy footballs fans when someone criticizes their “guy” “but but Obama!” “But but the cowboys...”:rolleyes:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

How many times has Trump promised to 'leave Syria', only to do a 180 a few days later.. I say less words, more action.

I'll believe it when its said AND DONE, not a moment sooner. I think every nation who's entered Syrian borders without the explicit green light from the Syrian government, should g - t - f - o.

To directly answer your question: Trump has said/done that zero times.

500 US troops have already left since 7 days ago. 

https://www.vox.com/2019/10/21/20924757/syria-news-iraq-fruit-troops-trump

• Like 2

Really? I seem to remember Trump backtracking his Bring The Troops Home mantra on several occasions, one which especially springs to mind is the backtrack right after 'Babykiller Assad' used 'chemical weapons' (once again) against 'his own people'..

Trump: We're leaving Syria.
Bolton: We're not really leaving Syria.
Trump: We're leaving Syria very slowly.
Graham: Very, very slowly.
Bolton: Or maybe never.
Trump: When ISIS is completely gone.
Bolton: And Iran.
Trump: I hired Bolton and regret nothing.https://t.co/v5flv6cbSe

Lets have a look..

President Donald Trump has directed the U.S. military to withdraw all 2,200 American ground troops from Syria within 30 days, marking a swift end to the four-year-long conflict against ISIS there. “We have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency,” Trump said Wednesday on Twitter.

https://time.com/5484972/donald-trump-syria-withdrawal/

After early this week Trump's promised "full" and "immediate" US troop withdrawal from Syria was put on shaky ground following a prior meeting with hawk Sen. Lindsey Graham, and following immense push back from the career Washington deep state, the president is showing signs that he could be changing his tune.

President Trump said on Wednesday the US will get out of Syria "over a period of time" and in such a way that will protect America's Kurdish partners on the ground, at a moment pro-Turkish forces backed by Turkey's army are set to invade and annex Kurdish enclaves in the north of the country.

President Donald Trump: ...”United States wants to protect Kurds in Syria even as it pulls forces out.” pic.twitter.com/jNcP0a30Ot\

Editor; As a wee little sidenote:

During a Wednesday Cabinet meeting in front of reporters - the first of the new year - Trump did not provide a timetable for a planned military exit while strongly emphasizing he would "not forget" the extraordinary sacrifices the Kurds made in the fight against ISIS.

The president said: We have to help them, I want to help them...They fought with us, they died with us... thousands of Kurds died fighing ISIS. they died for us and with us, and for themselves... I don't forget. (:lol:)

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-02/trump-we-have-help-kurds-syria-exit-will-be-over-period-time

After approaching two months of talk of a "full" and "immediate" US troop withdrawal from Syria, first ordered by President Trump on December 19 — which was predictably met with swift and fierce pushback from beltway hawks including in some cases his own advisers — it now appears the death knell has sounded on the prior "complete" and "rapid" draw down order.

Trump said in a CBS "Face the Nation" interview this weekend that some unspecified number of US troops will remain in the region, mostly in Iraq, with possibly some still in Syria, in order "to protect Israel" in what appears a significant backtrack from his prior insistence on an absolute withdrawal. 

Trump%20Syria%20pullout.png

“We’re going to be there and we’re going to be staying. We have to protect Israel,” he replied when pressed by CBS reporter Margaret Brennan.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-03/death-knell-syria-pullout-we-have-protect-israel-says-trump

..Cant seem to find the troop withdrawal flip flop after a (relatively recent, I think it was around may/june 2019, or was it 2018?) alleged chemical attack, theres just too many of both. If anyone can find it, please feel free to add..

So as a response to your 'zero times' thingy; Id beg to differ.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Really ? The BBC was reporting 150. Mind you, that WAS shortly after he made the announcement, so its possible their information was incomplete. 

They moved 50 (I think) who were in the incursion area to start with. 

Since then they've had to evacuate everyone out of Syria, which is about 1000.

• Like 2

Nice analysis..

Betrayal and Deception: Syria Is a Prime Example of US Foreign Policy

Trump announced the withdrawal of US troops who had been protecting the SDF (Syrian democratic forces) in the northeast of Syria, prompting Kurdish leadership and the Damascus governed to strike a deal allowing Syrian Arab Army to retake control of the border with Turkey after nearly six years.

With the US troops withdrawn numbering around 150 to 200 (out of the 2,000 to 3,000 illegally squatting in Syria), it is understood that Trump’s decision is for reasons other than those stated.

The primary impression Trump wishes to convey to his voters is that of keeping his electoral promises, including that of defeating ISIS in Syria, meaning that US troops can now come back home.

Although it is clear (at least to those not under the sway of the mainstream media) that ISIS has not been completely defeated and that the US never really fought against the Caliphate, the impression is nevertheless conveyed that the “Winner-in-Chief” has triumphed and is bringing home the boys.

Given that the deep state retains ultimate control of US foreign policy, Trump is allowed to do and say what he wants – provided it is only within the confines of his media playpen, safe in the knowledge that his motivations are purely electoral and not really aimed and upending the foreign-policy consensus of the US establishment.

If we look beyond Trump’s histrionics, we can see that the US deep state continues its illegal stay in Syria, with Trump in reality having no intention of opposing the military-industrial complex (indeed often appointing its members to serve in his administration), with these two parties finding a common point of agreement in the alleged threat posed by Iran.

US troops will only shift near Iraq, looking at disrupting any form of cooperation between Baghdad, Damascus and Tehran.

[..]

https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2019/10/20/betrayal-and-deception-syria-prime-example-of-us-foreign-policy/

• Like 4

12 hours ago, hacktorp said:

You shouldn't be mad...you should be happy.

I am not mad, but it is too soon to be happy.

Pretty much everyone is fine with the US leaving the area...including the Kurdish people. 

Sure didn't sound like the Kurds were happy.  Sure didn't sound like the troops stationed there felt the withdrawal was done in an honorable way.  The Russians and Syria and Turkey are happy, that counts for

There will be shuffling during the coming months, but they are coming home.  The wars are over.

Well that is good to know.  We must have made a deal with Iran that I missed on the news.  Did ISIS become invisible or just somebody else's problem?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

Ending war is good no matter who does it, im not ego driven if trump had to get the Russia's to do what he couldnt im good with it

Ending a war is good, especially if you have no clue why you are fighting.  probably most wars are like that.

Occasionally though there may be a cause clear enough  or an outcome bad enough that it is worth resisting to the best of your ability.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Good luck to the Russians with THAT. Within a year, the Arabs will be calling them "Kuffar" and bombing them with IED's. Mark my words !

OK, I have marked your words.  Let us convene in 2020 and discuss this assumption.  Meantime, like everybody else regardless of predictions, we will have to wait and see.

I have also marked Hacktorp's words. that the wars are over.  Forgive me for doubting of hesitating to cheer, but if true, it will be the first tine in nearly 70 years of my life that the US was not in a war.  It would be pleasant, but quite a shock.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Did ISIS become invisible or just somebody else's problem?

From where and from whom do YOU think ISIS received its funding?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hacktorp said:

Are you about to tell me it was from Hillary and Obama?

• Like 3

I can't help but like Tatetopa regardless of his stance because he is such a gentleman when arguing his position. :tsu:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Mostly from Saudi Arabia and Turkey. Your idol's best buddies. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Are you about to tell me it was from Hillary and Obama?

No, I wasn't.

But it sure seems like you've told me you'd rather not answer the question.

I wonder why...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Setton said:

Mostly from Saudi Arabia and Turkey. Your idol's best buddies. 

You've left out some big players.

I'm not surprised.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hacktorp said:

You've left out some big players.

I'm not surprised.

Oh, really? Please enlighten me. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hacktorp said:

But it sure seems like you've told me you'd rather not answer the question.

I wonder why...

Well all right, I think they get oil revenue, I think wealthy sympathizers some in Saudi   Arabia no doubt and some spread out across the world give funds. I think they steal anything they can when they occupy territory.  But truthfully, I don't really know.  So, wonder no more, just ignorance.

12 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

can't help but like Tatetopa regardless of his stance because he is such a gentleman when arguing his position.

You are pretty good yourself there Brooklyn. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

OK, I have marked your words.  Let us convene in 2020 and discuss this assumption.  Meantime, like everybody else regardless of predictions, we will have to wait and see.

I have also marked Hacktorp's words. that the wars are over.  Forgive me for doubting of hesitating to cheer, but if true, it will be the first tine in nearly 70 years of my life that the US was not in a war.  It would be pleasant, but quite a shock.

You can't count Korea.. that was a "Police Action" :P 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

But truthfully, I don't really know.  So, wonder no more, just ignorance

ISIS was funded by a massive, sprawling network of globalist interests that included state intelligence organizations of which the CIA (a virtually 'stateless' organization) was a key player.  ISIS was an extremely expensive effort that operated under cover of "Islamic extremism", but was, in actuality, a scheme to annex a corridor through Iraq and Syria for an oil pipeline to Turkey.

Without the constant, massive inflows of funding and (US) equipment, the ISIS plan dies in its tracks.  Trump has stopped the funding and exposed the ISIS scheme.  The CIA is reeling and its future looks shaky at best.

ISIS will not "rise again"...ever.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

ISIS was funded by a massive, sprawling network of globalist interests that included state intelligence organizations of which the CIA (a virtually 'stateless' organization) was a key player.  ISIS was an extremely expensive effort that operated under cover of "Islamic extremism", but was, in actuality, a scheme to annex a corridor through Iraq and Syria for an oil pipeline to Turkey.

Without the constant, massive inflows of funding and (US) equipment, the ISIS plan dies in its tracks.  Trump has stopped the funding and exposed the ISIS scheme.  The CIA is reeling and its future looks shaky at best.

Well, that is an interesting speculation.

I am not sure why the CIA would want to do that, and ISIS seems to have strayed from their core mission considerably.

But if what you say is true, then President Trump must have been in on it.  He secured the pipeline corridor for the Turks, allowed for the freedom of ISIS agents held prisoner by the Kurds, and then removed all sanctions on Turkey.  Why would he do that? Is he secretly trying to help Iran so he can end that war too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Lame

*lazy

Nothing you said is unrealistic or unprecedented. British PR firms being paid to make "fake" ISIS videos, US weapons caches conveniently go missing and end up in ISIS hands...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

He secured the pipeline corridor for the Turks, allowed for the freedom of ISIS agents held prisoner by the Kurds, and then removed all sanctions on Turkey.

No.  The pipeline corridor was to be within Syria and Iraq, not Turkey.  Turkey was to be the destination.  And ISIS 'fighters' who have no funding are simply jobless mercenaries...and not our problem.

Earlier, you claimed "ignorance" for your lack of knowledge...why do you cling to it so tightly?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

No.  The pipeline corridor was to be within Syria and Iraq, not Turkey.  Turkey was to be the destination.  And ISIS 'fighters' who have no funding are simply jobless mercenaries...and not our problem.

Earlier, you claimed "ignorance" for your lack of knowledge...why do you cling to it so tightly?

Well the pipeline corridor is in Syria, that 22 mile wide buffer zone the Turks wanted across northern Syria.  Perfect for a pipeline.  If you have not noticed unrest and fighting is going on in northern Iraq Kurdish territory too.   More pipeline?  I don't know, you are the pipeline expert.

DO you think CIA is the sole source of funding for terrorists when there are a gaggle of fundamentalist Arab billionaires the can drop a million or two here and there without notice?

Do you think the President of the US can actually cut off CIA funding in any real way?   There are probably tens of billions of dollars in dark money for secret projects that the CIA has stashed across the world.

Do you think it takes a lot of money to put a pressure cooker bomb in a backpack and stash it at the finish line of the Boston marathon or drive truck into a crowd of unsuspecting pedestrians, (Christmas shoppers for example)?

I will stay ignorant until I find some facts.  All you are giving me is opinions and conspiracy theories.  Maybe you are ignorant and just don't know it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2019 at 12:55 PM, Tatetopa said:

Occasionally though there may be a cause clear enough  or an outcome bad enough that it is worth resisting to the best of your ability.

There was a CLEAR connection between Obama's retreat of all forces in Iraq and the explosion of growth that ISIS underwent.  The greatest likelihood is that Trump's actions will cause the same result.  Those who are cheering his decision will damn him for it later, guaranteed.  He has decided to leave a couple of hundred on the ground to protect the oilfields from being taken by Iranian militias in an effort to beat the sanctions.  He'll be brutalized for THAT decision as well.  Fortunately, since he already has every decision he makes treated the same way, it will receive little notice by those who are bored spitless by the 95% negative coverage.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Actually, I'm bored. Please entertain with 'evidence'.

Obviously, I'm sure you'll be tracing CIA involvement in their creation back to 2004 so the Bush administration. 

You did know ISIS is that old, right? 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 2