Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Just need opinions, or help

Throwaway33

I've been posting to boards for psychic stuff for years and can never get people to take it seriously, so please, if you're just roleplaying or something, don't respond.

I don't know what to call this, but I've always called it psychometry since that's what I think fits it the most. Since my freshman year of high school, I've had this weird stuff. I can't choose when it happens or anything. Sometimes, when I touch someone or something, I just know or see or smell or hear things about them or it. I can touch somebody and know their name, birthday, blood type, or just one of these things or something else entirely like what they ate for breakfast or what they will eat for dinner.

If I touch a table, I sometimes see exactly what the people who say there before me were doing, hear what they heard, smell what they smelled, and I'll know exactly when what I saw occurred. This has been throwing me off for several years now and I've been trying to get opinions on how I could control it or something, but I've never gotten serious answers.

So, if you have an opinion or even know the proper name of this, please tell me. Because I'm really at a loss for what to think.

4 minutes ago, Throwaway33 said:

I can touch somebody and know their name, birthday, blood type, or just one of these things or something else entirely like what they ate for breakfast or what they will eat for dinner.

I am trying to visualise this, and am struggling.  How do you subsequently verify blood type?  And do you just toss various questions at them, or do you explain what you are doing?  Bear in mind that people tend to 'go along' and be empathetic when confronted with this sort of thing.  That's why stage hypnotists can *seem* very successful...

Empathy, intuition and just plain old observation can help with such feats.  If you are convinced of your talents, why not videotape an event?  Ask for a volunteer from a group of people, someone you don't know, and explain what you will do.  Then after the 'touch', turn away and write down all your guesses.  Then ask them (non-leading) questions and see how you score.  I suspect that your accuracy might not quite be as good as you think.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Psychometry, also known as token-object reading, or psychoscopy, is a form of extrasensory perception characterized by the claimed ability to make relevant associations from an object of unknown history by making physical contact with that object. Supporters assert that an object may have an energy field that transfers knowledge regarding that object's history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychometry_(paranormal)

• Like 2

Perhaps the OP should outline how these intuitions, for want of a better word, have been confirmed. It is one thing to "sense" something, another to confirm the accuracy of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, at this point i want to see some documented test results proving the claims, " it doesnt work that way" wont fit or apply here,

So to take you serious you need to prove your claims, no roleplaying.

Hi,

The term I would use is energy reader. Every human gives off energy from their body. When they are in contact with an object like a table the energy residue from their presence remains in the table.

I found this link on that.

https://www.metaphysical-studies.com/energy-residue-part-one/

There may be other terms to describe you like empathic.

John

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Throwaway33 said:

I've been posting to boards for psychic stuff for years and can never get people to take it seriously, so please, if you're just roleplaying or something, don't respond.

I don't know what to call this, but I've always called it psychometry since that's what I think fits it the most. Since my freshman year of high school, I've had this weird stuff. I can't choose when it happens or anything. Sometimes, when I touch someone or something, I just know or see or smell or hear things about them or it. I can touch somebody and know their name, birthday, blood type, or just one of these things or something else entirely like what they ate for breakfast or what they will eat for dinner.

If I touch a table, I sometimes see exactly what the people who say there before me were doing, hear what they heard, smell what they smelled, and I'll know exactly when what I saw occurred. This has been throwing me off for several years now and I've been trying to get opinions on how I could control it or something, but I've never gotten serious answers.

So, if you have an opinion or even know the proper name of this, please tell me. Because I'm really at a loss for what to think.

That does sound like psychometry and it is something a lot of people claim to be able to do.  Some really can do it to an extent.  There is a man in Dallas who does that in what is called a gallery where a bunch of people sit in a darkened room and he passes a basket around, people who want put stuff in the basket, like photos or car keys etc.  Then he pulls the stuff out of the  basket and talks about what he perceives from that stuff.  He makes sure he does not know who put what in the basket.

If you can see what people will eat for dinner, does that mean free will doesnt exist? Not that free will is free, as we are often governed by habits, genetics, society and gut biome. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Throwaway33 said:

You call it psychometry, I call it a false sense of intimacy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

Hi,

The term I would use is energy reader. Every human gives off energy from their body. When they are in contact with an object like a table the energy residue from their presence remains in the table.

I found this link on that.

https://www.metaphysical-studies.com/energy-residue-part-one/

There may be other terms to describe you like empathic.

John

Empathy is not a flipping mystical power. It's just being able to read someone emotions. Stop filling peoples head with ****. It's a dangerous precedent to set.

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2019 at 7:30 AM, John from Lowell said:

Every human gives off energy from their body. When they are in contact with an object like a table the energy residue from their presence remains in the table.

It's called thermal radiation and heat transfer, it's physics. Plus it dissipates.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe you look at antiques and tell which ones are genuine? That would be a big deal for antique dealers. There must be other ways you can use this skill too.