Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother is spooked by 'ghost baby' in crib

UM-Bot

Good ol'dad does it again... 

~

• Like 4

Papameter  0% Paranormal  100% Normal

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

And the thing is had she been so freaked out as to not be able to sleep why didnt she starts will pulling the sheet off?

• Like 1

I was going to ask why this was posted at all since it's such a non-story, then I realized it's a good example of how even doing a tiny bit of inquiry can stop people from jumping to stupid conclusions.

Had they left out the part about finding the picture underneath, the usual suspects would be all over this and blindly calling it a great example of the paranormal. How many other ghost stories out there have the proverbial "picture underneath" we never get to hear about, I wonder. A lot more than any believer will admit, I'm sure.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, moonman said:

I was going to ask why this was posted at all since it's such a non-story, then I realized it's a good example of how even doing a tiny bit of inquiry can stop people from jumping to stupid conclusions.

Had they left out the part about finding the picture underneath, the usual suspects would be all over this and blindly calling it a great example of the paranormal. How many other ghost stories out there have the proverbial "picture underneath" we never get to hear about, I wonder. A lot more than any believer will admit, I'm sure.

I may not be the highest grade of weed in the dispensary, but is your avi taking shots at papa? Lol

• Haha 2

She just couldn't understand why the ghost baby with a teeny tiny head was holding a barcode in its hand, was it trying to tell her about a special offer in the supermarket.....

I would have stared at it a while and if it didn't move immediately dismissed it, if it did would be up in the bedroom investigating it.

• Like 4

This is a perfect example of how something so mundane and simple can be perceived as paranormal.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Papameter  0% Paranormal  100% Normal

I really hope you don't try to use this evaluation when somebody calls you out for always leaning to a paranormal probability of some event.

It is so glaringly obvious that this story has absolutely nothing paranormal in nature. 

The article itself debunks the claim.

Your PapaMeter is just as useless here as it in 100% of the instances prior to this one.

This post is preemptive, so I apologize if it seems out of left field. 

I imagined somebody asking why and how you usually give a reading that highly leans towards the paranormal.

And your response being a link to this post.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's good to see someone being honest about their 'paranormal' experience. We need more of this.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, moonman said:

the usual suspects would be all over this and blindly calling it a great example of the paranormal. How many other ghost stories out there have the proverbial "picture underneath" we never get to hear about, I wonder. A lot more than any believer will admit, I'm sure.

While they are playing this as a accident which it was unless hubby played a joke the fact is had it not been explained i have seen on this forum people would have fought tooth and nail it was likely paranormal even if someone had the same baby picture and posted it certain adamant blind true believers wouldn't have accepted it as not paranormal,

Then some wonder why legit unbiased researchers shy away from this stuff.

• Like 2

Well,that proves that all spirits are just labels on mattresses and don't really exist,anywhere,ever LOL.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, the13bats said:

Then some wonder why legit unbiased researchers shy away from this stuff

Simply not true, there is more research going into this as people become more aware and intelligent.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, openozy said:

Simply not true, there is more research going into this as people become more aware and intelligent.

My remark wasnt simply true, in fact many legit researchers do stand back from topics like paranormal, bigfoot, aliens etc because of how the true believers ( some ) act, how can legit researchers give much Merritt to being told over and over "it doesn't work that way" then it leaves them with zero to text and they move on.

the small amount of legit research being done in paranormal is coming back with it being psychological explainations,

It is a shame really.

51 minutes ago, openozy said:

Well,that proves that all spirits are just labels on mattresses and don't really exist,anywhere,ever LOL.

No, it proved this case had a prosaic explanation, and if someone can show evidence, dare i say proof that spirits exist there are a lot of people waiting to see said proof. ( not excuses ).

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

When her kid is 13 she should show him the picture and tell him he used to sleep with the baby ghost of his dead twin brother every night.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, kel_kel said:

When her kid is 13 she should show him the picture and tell him he used to sleep with the baby ghost of his dead twin brother every night.

Why wait until they are 13, tell them at 6 and traumatise them for life.:wacko:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

he small amount of legit research being done in paranormal is coming back with it being psychological explainations

Also not true,they are studying the energy in us that lives on after death of our Earthly bodies.Most aware people call it your spirit,so nothing new really.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, openozy said:

Also not true,they are studying the energy in us that lives on after death of our Earthly bodies.Most aware people call it your spirit,so nothing new really.

The energy left in your body at the time of death dissipates as heat. 

Thermodynamics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

The energy left in your body at the time of death dissipates as heat. 

Thermodynamics. 

Not according to new studies,as you know energy never dies it's just moved around.

10 minutes ago, openozy said:

Not according to new studies,as you know energy never dies it's just moved around.

I'm not sure what studies you could possibly be referring to. That's is energy conversion. Energy to heat. It's why we cannot get 100% efficiency. Some energy is always lost to heat, as I say, that's basic thermodynamics. 

We generate energy with tiny ion pumps on our nervous systems, when we die that process stops and what remains escapes as heat. That's why a body constantly drops to room temperature. Again, basic thermodynamics. 

There's no energy to track, it's all accounted for. As such, I can't begin to imagine what it is some are claiming to measure. It's not a mystery as to what happens to energy left in your body when one dies. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, openozy said:

that lives on after death

Please post the accredited researchers published works proving this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I can't begin to imagine what it is some are claiming to measure

I just told you.

Edited by openozy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Please post the accredited researchers published works proving this.

I didn't say they were published works,they are studying this atm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, openozy said:

I didn't say they were published works,they are studying this atm.

Okay, your opinions, ty for being straight up about it, that I can respect.

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I'm not sure what studies you could possibly be referring to. That's is energy conversion. Energy to heat. It's why we cannot get 100% efficiency. Some energy is always lost to heat, as I say, that's basic thermodynamics. 

We generate energy with tiny ion pumps on our nervous systems, when we die that process stops and what remains escapes as heat. That's why a body constantly drops to room temperature. Again, basic thermodynamics. 

There's no energy to track, it's all accounted for. As such, I can't begin to imagine what it is some are claiming to measure. It's not a mystery as to what happens to energy left in your body when one dies. 

I thought i made a reply to you but can't find it, I was tired and perhaps forgot to hit "submit reply"

I recalled a fellow who did some horrific things to both humans and some poor dogs to try to prove the soul had weight,

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2015/11/03/weight-of-the-soul/#.XbFuwzMpASY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1