Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man's holiday postcard arrives 28 years later

Still Waters

Jim Green, 66, visited Benidorm in September 1991 with friends when he was 39 and scribbled a quick message on a postcard, intending to let his parents know he had arrived.

But the postcard never made it home to Essex until Jim and his family were given a shock when it landed on the doormat last Thursday morning (October 17).

Jim now lives at the house which belonged to his parents, in Kempe Road, with his brother Christopher and Christopher's partner Anna Dollimore.

Speaking to the Broadcast, he said: "I am just amazed, I couldn't figure it out, how it could be delayed for so long."

https://www.dunmowbroadcast.co.uk/news/postcard-from-the-past-is-a-surprise-for-finchingfield-family-1-6334496

• Like 7

It would have been quicker sending a message in a bottle.

Put you have to give it to the post office,  just a shame they could not take the same amount of times with bills.

• Haha 2

Don't hate me but not sure i buy it, it would mean it was lost somewhere at the po or in a lorry or wherever 28 years then found and delivered, and i would have thought postage went up in that time,

Actually how do we know he didnt mail it last week?

• Like 2

That's postnord for ya ;-)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Don't hate me but not sure i buy it, it would mean it was lost somewhere at the po or in a lorry or wherever 28 years then found and delivered, and i would have thought postage went up in that time,

Actually how do we know he didnt mail it last week?

In this link there's a picture showing the postmark.

The postcard is dated 12 September 1991

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-50141528

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

In this link there's a picture showing the postmark.

The postcard is dated 12 September 1991

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-50141528

Interesting so it was processed back then and lost at the po until now or it could have been delivered then and saved until now...hum

Like if i sent my dad in jax a card in 82 he gets it and saves it until 10 years later and then says wow look i just now got it.

Edited by the13bats
babbling

The Post Office had a thorough clear out recently