Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Former Mir astronaut recalls UFO sightings

UM-Bot

This was a good honest story now let's see who will be the first to make up that he said he saw alien craft?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, the13bats said:

This was a good honest story now let's see who will be the first to make up that he said he saw alien craft?

He saw an alien craft. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

"Well I did, I saw things in the true sense of the word, unidentified flying objects - don't take me out of context there - no aliens."

Linenger remained careful.

But what is so fascinating about UFOs? The fact they're (more or less temporarily) unidentified? Or the hypothesis according to which they could be something artificial and non-earthly?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's obviously just scared and covering his tracks. He probably had dinner with aliens every night he was up there.  Why else would we be in space?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ant0n said:

Linenger remained careful.

But what is so fascinating about UFOs? The fact they're (more or less temporarily) unidentified? Or the hypothesis according to which they could be something artificial and non-earthly?

For me? After decades of not one case showing the object coming and going from out atmosphere or any proof the object isnt of this earth i just do not believe UFO are otherwordly however im very intrigued with the phenomonon of the true believer who will denounce all types of solid proof by accredited sources to the contrary that what they saw or the case they are talking about just couldn't be anything except aliens.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We should be collecting the strange objects floating around the earth for research! At this point the closest he came was "what the heck is that".  Then we can start drawing conclusions about what exactly we are even talking about here.

Edited by Nnicolette

25 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

We should be collecting the strange objects floating around the earth for research! At this point the closest he came was "what the heck is that".  Then we can start drawing conclusions about what exactly we are even talking about here.

You mean all the space trash? Nothing to strange about it, you can find websites that track tons of the pieces flying around.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

He was far too vague to say what he saw. He did raise the possibility that it could have been a spacecraft. I wish he just came out and said what he saw and what he thinks it could have been instead of being worried that he’d be tagged fanciful or something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nnicolette said:

We should be collecting the strange objects floating around the earth for research!

What "strange objects" you are talking about? To date, there are roughly 1900 human made satellites orbiting Earth. Everyone's trajectory was/is planned/created long before it got/get launched and the planning is based on the trajectories of hundreds of other satellites, to avoid collisions. Means, thousands of members of involved space agencies do have full access to the full database/s. If there would be an object of unknown origin, the knowledge about would had been leaked already. BTW, some years ago I`ve met the guy who calculated the trajectory of the ATV-2 cargo spacecraft and I had the chance to take look at that database, which is really an extensive piece of complexity, ways above anything thats available on the public web.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

He was far too vague to say what he saw. He did raise the possibility that it could have been a spacecraft. I wish he just came out and said what he saw and what he thinks it could have been instead of being worried that he’d be tagged fanciful or something.

Sounds like you are just aching to assume and put words in his mouth.

• Haha 1

He's just trying to get his 15 minutes of unexplained-mysteries.com fame. Trust me. He saw nothing.

• Thanks 1