Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Proud Boys sentenced to four years

OverSword

Two members of a US far-right group were each sentenced to four years in prison on Tuesday for brawling with anti-fascist demonstrators in New York, prosecutors said.  The sentencing comes as tensions between white supremacists and leftists simmer in the United States.  Maxwell Hare and John Kinsman, members of the Proud Boys group, were found guilty in August by a state court of several counts of attempted assault and rioting.

The jury ruled that the pair assaulted four members of Antifa, an anti-fascist group, who were protesting outside an event that Hare and Kinsman had attended on October 12 last year.

Prosecutors had sought jail terms of five years.

A spokesman for the Manhattan District Attorney's told AFP that the pair had been sentenced to four years in prison.

Proud Boys is an all-male group considered neo-Nazis by Antifa members.

Link

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Proud Boys is an all-male group considered neo-Nazis by Antifa members.

I don't know anything about the group "Proud Boys" except the name.  My question would be, who ISN'T considered to be "neo-Nazis by Antifa?  Antifa is an openly violent domestic terror organization that somehow gets ignored in the states they protest in.  Maybe they choose those states due to sympathetic governments there?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, and then said:

I don't know anything about the group "Proud Boys" except the name.  My question would be, who ISN'T considered to be "neo-Nazis by Antifa?  Antifa is an openly violent domestic terror organization that somehow gets ignored in the states they protest in.  Maybe they choose those states due to sympathetic governments there?

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/proud-boys

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Proud Boys is an all-male group

Keep reaching for that rainbow

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Im not taking sides but seems there is a type who just goes out looking to get in trouble, im not sure why people from both sides didnt get in trouble.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 5

Protesting is like m@$$ter*&%#ing.  It makes you feel good, nobody else wants to see it and accomplishes nothing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Protesting is like m@$$ter*&%#ing.  It makes you feel good, nobody else wants to see it and accomplishes nothing.

Well they do get a 4 year free stay at the grey bar hotel where they can play hard to get at the prison dance and learn that 3 menthols gets them traded for the night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, and then said:

Wow. Literally one post before someone tried to deflect to Antifa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Wow. Literally one post before someone tried to deflect to Antifa.

They deserve it.  Anti-fa has a half brain between them.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, OverSword said:

They deserve it.  Anti-fa has a half brain between them.

I dont know much about either group but i cant help but think both sides were there to stir the sheet storm.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yep.  That's what I have witnessed here in Seattle on Mayday the last couple of years.  They think they're in the opening scene from Gangs of NY :gun:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I dont know much about either group but i cant help but think both sides were there to stir the sheet storm.

Yep.  That's what I have witnessed here in Seattle on Mayday the last couple of years.  They think they're in the opening scene from Gangs of NY :gun:

• Like 2

Both sides carry on like pork chops.  You're absolutely right @the13bats, both sides should be punished.  Why should one side be punished and the other side not?   Attacking other humans both physically and verbally is NOT acceptable behaviour.  It's unjustifiable whichever way you look at it.   

• Like 3

If the Proud Boys have to face the consequences for their actions so does Antifa. Antifa has been allowed to get away with far too much over the past few years. You want fairness of the law? punish both groups and call them to take responsibility. But it seems whenever something happens with Antifa nothing is really done concerning their actions.

• Like 2

The Proud Boys are nothing more than a gang of nihilistic sociopaths.

On 10/23/2019 at 7:39 PM, and then said:

I don't know anything about the group "Proud Boys" except the name.  

They are a far right extremist group that openly advocates violence. Interesting that you immediately deflect onto an equivalent group just because they're left wing. 

What am I talking about, it's not interesting. It's so predictable it borders on mundane.