Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is your must have food combo?

rashore

Came across this question in another forum about food, and thought it would be fun here..

Must you have lemon or tartar sauce.. or malt vinegar with your fish and chips? Is ketchup, mustard, mayo.. other better with chips/fries? Sweet or not, hot or iced tea? Must always have white rice with your stir fry, or no? Pizza toppings that are a must.

What are your must have food combos?

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, rashore said:

Came across this question in another forum about food, and thought it would be fun here..

Must you have lemon or tartar sauce.. or malt vinegar with your fish and chips? Is ketchup, mustard, mayo.. other better with chips/fries? Sweet or not, hot or iced tea? Must always have white rice with your stir fry, or no? Pizza toppings that are a must.

It has been said...A hungry man will eat anything...i have found this to be true.

I only have one must....I must have coffee...immediately upon waking...hot, cold, black, or not...gotta have coffee...

I like jalepenos on my pizza...not a must.  I'll eat pizza plain or supreme...hot or cold...night or day...morning or evening

I like tarter sauce on fish...but catsup is good too...plain is fine

I prefer milk on cereal...but not necessary

Rice or noodles...either will do

Mustard on corny dogs but mayo works

Anything and everything...once you've eaten ice cold scrambled eggs and ham...from a can...in the rain in January...with Marines....it's all good.

• Like 3

I like my food naked. Well, cooked of course, but no condiments. I'm a super taster due to my enormous snozz. My pallet is the size of a pallette, so intense foods are out for me.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, rashore said:

Ice tea with lemon, no sweetener.  Milk and cocoa powder (baking, not sweet), no sweetener.  Turkey with gravy, stuffing and masked potatoes.  Enchiladas with red chile and sour cream on the side.  Mustard on a hamburger with lettuce and lots of tomatoes.  Pinapple, canadian bacon and extra sauce on pizza.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, joc said:

It has been said...A hungry man will eat anything...i have found this to be true.

I only have one must....I must have coffee...immediately upon waking...hot, cold, black, or not...gotta have coffee...

I like jalepenos on my pizza...not a must.  I'll eat pizza plain or supreme...hot or cold...night or day...morning or evening

I like tarter sauce on fish...but catsup is good too...plain is fine

I prefer milk on cereal...but not necessary

Rice or noodles...either will do

Mustard on corny dogs but mayo works

Anything and everything...once you've eaten ice cold scrambled eggs and ham...from a can...in the rain in January...with Marines....it's all good.

In the army we alway threw the eggs and ham away, no one would eat them.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

In the army we alway threw the eggs and ham away, no one would eat them.

Yeah well...that's why the Marines are the few....and Navy Corpsmen as well!  B)

Edited by joc
  • Like 2

Fries dipped in ketchup and mayo together.

Turkey burgers with mayo and mustard, no ketchup at all. Onions, lettuce and tomato.

Steak (if I eat it) plain with salt and pepper. I don’t like steak sauce or anything else on it.

If I eat a sandwich I always have chips or some kind of crunchy item with it (goldfish crackers or pretzels).

Grilled cheese and sweet gherkins on the side.

Sugar snap peas with ranch dip (hidden valley mix from a packet)

Coffee, strong and black.

Hot tea, earl gray. Strong. 

• Like 1

i like to snack on pickles and cheese (together, all kinds)

doritos and cottage cheese

chips on my sandwiches

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rashore said:

Jasmine rice with everything. It's a staple in this house. Onions and garlic and something spicy in everything too. Cumin, chili, paprika, cayenne. One of them 

Pizza with Ranch, but the not the bottle crap, has to be made out of the packet with buttermilk. 

Slow cooked beef in gravy over buttered egg noodles, it's like my once a month treat. 

Once a year I make fried chicken thighs and take extra thigh skins (I get those big bone in thigh flat packs and the stripped thighs go for chicken and dumplings) and I batter up the skins and fry them up with the thighs. The skins get cut up and put into cream gravy over mashed potatoes or rolls, with green beans. It's wicked unhealthy but a once a year treat it's too good. 

Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup

Pretzels with Cheese

Summer Sausage and Cheese

Tea with Honey

Baked Potato with everything.

Chicken and Waffles 

Eggs and Corn-beef Hash

French Fries with BBQ Sauce or Ranch Dressing

Biscuits and Mustard (Sling Blade Reference :P)

Chicken and Yellow Rice

Spaghetti with either Meatballs or Italian Sausage

• Like 1

I must have a good quality BBQ sauce with a good quality piece of steak.

But while I like ketchup on many foods, I never have ketchup with a good quality piece of steak.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MainerMikeBrown said:

I must have a good quality BBQ sauce with a good quality piece of steak.

But while I like ketchup on many foods, I never have ketchup with a good quality piece of steak.

What type of BBQ sauce?

On 10/27/2019 at 5:39 PM, Not Your Huckleberry said:

BBQ sauce? On a good steak? Blasphemy! 

Well I put Hines 57 or Hot Sauce on steak. :)

30 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Well I put Hines 57 or Hot Sauce on steak. :)

No, that is what people use to cover the taste of old meat, it is not for a good steak.