Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Mr Walker

Oh yea of little faith :)

219 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Mr Walker

rather than interrupt an existing thread i thought i would write this here

As some of you may know i have a bit of a reputation for  locating lost and stolen objects 

I went into our library today and the head librarian asked if i could locate a gold chain for her, It had a small cross on it which she had found on the library floor  

I got  four words '

door 

floor.

 fridge,

sink.

When i said those four  words  I got an immediate reaction 

" i found the cross on the floor  in that door way behind us " she explained 

"The chain is on the floor in front of a fridge next to a sink" I then said.

it turned out the library office had a fridge next to a sink only 2 metres from where she found the cross,  but  i was disappointed not to find the chain  there. 

She explained that she had just discovered the loss, when she found the cross on the floor, in the doorway between the library and the office  

 

"Could the chain be at home ? " I asked 

" Yes, maybe. " she replied, although her home was miles from  her work

She rang her husband, and asked him to look on the floor in front of the fridge.  She was still on the phone, less than a minute later,  when he told her that, indeed, the chain was lying on the floor right in front of the fridge door (and when i checked with her,  the fridge was next to the sink) There were 6 witnesses to the whole proceedings, including 3 library staff and 3  borrowers.

  I was very chuffed to have located it, even though in this case she would have eventually found it herself

.Unfortunately, given that the library is gossip central for our town, i will probably get more requests, and i cannot always find the object. .

She had heard about this  abilty from other clients   

 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

bravo !  This should be a fine berley for the usual suspects !

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
11 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

i have a bit of a reputation for  locating lost and stolen objects 

prove it

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

prove it

 Prove what?  Prove my reputation ? :)

Um; the fact that the librarian asked me as soon as i walked into the library indicates that i have a reputation for finding lost objects  in my community 

 I could give you the library's  name and number, but i m not going to.

I don't need to prove anything.

If it comes up on their face book page, I will give you a link.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101

Why choose this section of the forum to start your thread rather than beliefs or sightings and experiences? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Why choose this section of the forum to start your thread rather than beliefs or sightings and experiences? 

it's called not thinking before typing= but hey, what do we know;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
Just now, psyche101 said:

Why choose this section of the forum to start your thread rather than beliefs or sightings and experiences? 

As you know, i don't spend much time on UM  outside the religious and spirituality sections. I consider this a psychic abilty  and this seemed the most logical one,

  I am sure it can be shifted if it doesn't fit 

Belief doesn't come into it.

There were no sightings, and i don't know anything about the experiences section

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker

Sorry but it wasn't clear what you wanted me to prove 

That i have a reputation, or that this actually occured 

I was asked BECAUSE of my reputation.

There were 6 witnesses. If i felt the need to prove it happened  i could give you the library's phone number  Like i said it could well be posted on their face book page ( along with the existing photo of me as a super hero)  :)  If so i will give you the link 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

it's called not thinking before typing= but hey, what do we know;)

I'm really not sure about that 

I'm thinking it's here to prompt critical thinkers into argument. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

it's called not thinking before typing= but hey, what do we know;)

Why get personal and antagonistic?  i just gave my reason.

This is a psychic abilty (if it is real) and the psychic section seems the most logical 

Why would you post it in any other section? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
4 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

As you know, i don't spend much time on UM  outside the religious and spirituality sections. I consider this a psychic abilty  and this seemed the most logical one,

  I am sure it can be shifted if it doesn't fit 

Belief doesn't come into it.

There were no sightings, and i don't know anything about the experiences section

I feel belief is a definite aspect as you are sharing without proofs, and the sightings and experiences section is quite clearly labelled. 

So you feel your claim is a legitimate instance of the metaphysical or paranormal? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker

Looks like Habs was right 

This was a genuine event which just happened 

I am happy for people to be sceptical and I am happy to respond to ANY forms of questions, but some of the comments are already illustrating the character  and biases of posters 

So how about some questions  (or answers)  as to how this could happen just as I have described it, rather than simply deny ridicule it 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

it actually occured, Sherlock!! so where's the proof then?

If i gave you the phone number and let you ring the library, after verifying it was genuine would you consider that proof? if i gave you the name and phone numbers of 3 of the witnesses would you consider that proof? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
Just now, Mr Walker said:

If i gave you the phone number and let you ring the library, after verifying it was genuine would you consider that proof? if i gave you the name and phone numbers of 3 of the witnesses would you consider that proof? 

Only if he can reverse the charges ! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

If i gave you the phone number and let you ring the library, after verifying it was genuine would you consider that proof? if i gave you the name and phone numbers of 3 of the witnesses would you consider that proof? 

On here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
12 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Looks like Habs was right 

This was a genuine event which just happened 

I am happy for people to be sceptical and I am happy to respond to ANY forms of questions, but some of the comments are already illustrating the character  and biases of posters 

So how about some questions  (or answers)  as to how this could happen just as I have described it, rather than simply deny ridicule it 

Habit gets nothing right. 

Nobody was there but you. Nobody knows how well you know the alleged person's, their home or habits. 

Might be something they do every other week we don't know. 

I think the thread title is reason to be suspicious of your  motive here. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Habit gets nothing right. 

Oh, ye of little faith !

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
9 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I feel belief is a definite aspect as you are sharing without proofs, and the sightings and experiences section is quite clearly labelled. 

So you feel your claim is a legitimate instance of the metaphysical or paranormal? 

lol belief may be an issue for you but, this is not a belief for me 

I dont know what it is  (to me it is a natural not paranormal thing ) but it is one more interesting case study from  my files :) 

Ps you should have seen the faces of the ladies in the library when the librarian replied to her husband. "it was? Please put it somewhere safe" 

I don't know if the y were believers up until then, despite my reputation, but the y are now  :)

  Ps never been to the sightings and experience section as far as i remember so I wouldn't know what it included This is a " psychic" skill or abilty if it is real. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

it has nothing to do with faith- it's called logic...

but having said that i get the feeling that you & Walker PM'd each other regarding starting this thread= ya know, for a laugh

Alas. I don't see anything in the correspondence box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

it has nothing to do with faith- it's called logic...

but having said that i get the feeling that you & Walker PM'd each other regarding starting this thread= ya know, for a laugh

Oh yea that;s really logical :)  I just raced home from the library and posted before i had to ring a care agency  for my wife  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker

This is fun but unproductive.  Anyone at all like to make a sensible contribution to how this sort of thing can happen?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

This is fun but unproductive.  Anyone at all like to make a sensible contribution to how this sort of thing can happen?

Local knowledge as I already alluded to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
13 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

ridicule is the haven of the desperate

It certainly isn't the hallmark of secure beliefs. Where did P101 go, incidentally ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
Just now, Dejarma said:

boring reply.. so the point of this thread is what?

To put on the public record a real and interesting event which i CAN evidence if pushed because it actually happened just as described  :) 

ps i was being deliberately childish in an attempt to speak your language and hence communicate more effectively with you :)  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
13 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

lol belief may be an issue for you but, this is not a belief for me 

I dont know what it is  (to me it is a natural not paranormal thing ) but it is one more interesting case study from  my files :) 

Ps you should have seen the faces of the ladies in the library when the librarian replied to her husband. "it was? Please put it somewhere safe" 

I don't know if the y were believers up until then, despite my reputation, but the y are now  :)

  Ps never been to the sightings and experience section as far as i remember so I wouldn't know what it included This is a " psychic" skill or abilty if it is real. 

What's with the thread title? 

Do you think this additional story changes anything with regards to your credibility? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.