Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oh yea of little faith :)

Mr Walker

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Local knowledge as I already alluded to. 

Yep tha t explains how the y knew to ask me for help, but doesn't explain  how i knew where the chain was.   Ive never been to this persons place and only know it is on a farm out of town  I thought at first the chain was in front of the fridge near where the cross was found.  It seemed unlikely that the chain would be in her home, and the cross in her office doorway.  Yet that is  where the y were found, on the floor next to the fridge door and the sink 

Here is my most likely answer. (ouside of pure coincidence which is so statistically improbable as to be discounted)   The woman subconsciously knew where the chain had fallen off and i read that from her mind :)  We had no conversation and i had no prior knowledge I was asked as i walked in the door   if i could locate a missing chain , and i said " i have four words; door floor fridge and sink."  

13 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What's with the thread title? 

Do you think this additional story changes anything with regards to your credibility? 

Ironic

people dont believe

this is true and happened today 

Thus people who simply disbelieve are wrong 

I probably wont but if i can get permission i might make the site available so you can question the staff online.

There is an existing library website showing the woman involved, taken today. i thought she was wearing the chain but it must have been taken after she lost it 

Edited by Mr Walker

33 minutes ago, openozy said:

On here?

I have nothing to hide, but it would require the consent of the lady involved .

There is a photo of her in the library today WITHOUT her chain,  taken after she lost it but before she realised it was lost.  Its possible she will publicly post on the library site about my find if i say its ok to do so 

7 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Ironic

people dont believe

this is true and happened today 

Thus people who simply disbelieve are wrong 

I probably wont but if i can get permission i might make the site available so you can question the staff online.

There is an exiting website showing the woman involved and she appears to be wearing the chain she lost and  i located  

Its just another story. That's the point. Your credibility is already shakey, I'm wondering if you feel another story changes that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Its just another story. That's the point. Your credibility is already shakey, I'm wondering if you feel another story changes that. 

That is not my problem The scepticism of others remains their problem. The interesting thing is tha t i know i could definitively prove this one to be true, but because of tha t i dont really need to.

Just knowing is enough for me And it gives me a chuckle knowing i can prove it at anytime, after some of the silly comments being posted here  Not saying it proves the existence o psychic powers, just saying this happened exactly as i wrote it down,  and because it happened today, and i know the witnesses, i COULD prove it true very easily   

Edited by Mr Walker

12 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

That is not my problem The scepticism of others remains their problem. The interesting thing is tha t i know i could definitively prove this one to be true, but because of tha t i dont really need to.

Its your problem if anyone's. Nobody is obliged to believe you at face value, and considering your history here, many have seen good reason to question your claims. As I said, to everyone else, it's just another story. 

Just knowing is enough for me And it gives me a chuckle knowing i can prove it at anytime, after some of the silly comments being posted here  Not saying it proves the existence o psychic powers, just saying this happened exactly as i wrote it down,  and because it happened today, and i know the witnesses, i COULD prove it true very easily   

Well that's all you can really achieve isn't it. Self satisfaction. Like any story. 

I'm wondering more about your choice of words for the thread title. It would indicate that your personal satisfaction is not enough for you after all. 

Edited by psyche101

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Its your problem if anyone's. Nobody is obliged to believe you at face value, and considering your history here, many have seen good reason to question your claims. As I said, to everyone else, it's just another story. 

Well that's all you can really achieve isn't it. Self satisfaction. Like any story. 

I'm wondering more about your choice of words for the thread title. It would indicate that your personal satisfaction is not enough for you after all. 

When people are factually wrong and refuse to believe a truth it is the y who are disadvantaged  Every claim i have made here has been as true as i could make it  None were believed  by a few people. Thus i don't believe some posters would believe this one,   even  if i offered witnesses and confirmation.

The title is ironic. Here is a case which, in principle,  destroys the arguments of non believers.

it doesn't prove psychic powers, but it does prove that i can and do(even when asked right out of the blue)    find lost items using  words which pop into my mind   

So all those who have little faith in such things, are shown to be wrong in this case. 

I got immense satisfaction from helping this very kind lady whose son worked for me for a while in the garden.

I got some satisfaction from  discovering that i had not lost my ability to help real peole with real loss (it had me worried when the chain was not in front of the fridge in the office only 2 metres form where the chain was found, so i was pleased when i turned up, right in front of the fridge door in her kitchen.  )

If you believe i lie or am making stuff up, you are wrong.Thus  your scepticism, while rational, is also wrong and prevents you accepting something real and wonderful.  

3 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Prove what?  Prove my reputation ? :)

Um; the fact that the librarian asked me as soon as i walked into the library indicates that i have a reputation for finding lost objects  in my community 

I could give you the library's  name and number, but i m not going to.

I don't need to prove anything.

If it comes up on their face book page, I will give you a link.  

You should go work for the FBI or Interpol,  they could with people like you to help find missing people or stolen loot.

Let us know how you get on.

• Like 3

It had a small cross on it which she had found on the library floor  

Could the chain be at home ? " I asked 

" Yes, maybe. " she replied,

SHE STOLE IT?  

4 hours ago, Habitat said:

Oh, ye of little faith !

Hi Habitat

I have always sustained myself with hypothesis that the laws of probability do not support the conclusion that I could be wrong 100% of the time. :D Well that was what I told my wife when I had one and oddly enough being single helped reduce the odds of being wrong as often. :lol:

jmccr8 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

lol belief may be an issue for you but, this is not a belief for me 

Hi Walker

Good show starting your own thread as this may be a good as any place to delve into your experiences so things can be more focused.:tu:

When I read this bit I had to wonder as you say that you don't believe but know as in reference to past discussions, so if you don't know if you can exercise this gift  in all instances how can you claim to know that you can if you don't know if you can, would that not be more belief or hope than actually being confident in the ability to exercise at will?

jmccr8

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Hi Walker

I wouldn't be so hasty there. I sent you Sherapy and Liquid Gardens the same photos of the print I received from the artist that I built the gallery for along with their contact info and you posed that it could be a conspiracy and that it was not solid enough for you to accept as real/true so you should be the first one to understand what is expected according to your standard that you judged me by.:D

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

rather than interrupt an existing thread i thought i would write this here

As some of you may know i have a bit of a reputation for  locating lost and stolen objects 

I went into our library today and the head librarian asked if i could locate a gold chain for her, It had a small cross on it which she had found on the library floor  

I got  four words '

door 

floor.

fridge,

sink.

When i said those four  words  I got an immediate reaction 

" i found the cross on the floor  in that door way behind us " she explained 

"The chain is on the floor in front of a fridge next to a sink" I then said.

it turned out the library office had a fridge next to a sink only 2 metres from where she found the cross,  but  i was disappointed not to find the chain  there. 

She explained that she had just discovered the loss, when she found the cross on the floor, in the doorway between the library and the office  

"Could the chain be at home ? " I asked 

" Yes, maybe. " she replied, although her home was miles from  her work

She rang her husband, and asked him to look on the floor in front of the fridge.  She was still on the phone, less than a minute later,  when he told her that, indeed, the chain was lying on the floor right in front of the fridge door (and when i checked with her,  the fridge was next to the sink) There were 6 witnesses to the whole proceedings, including 3 library staff and 3  borrowers.

I was very chuffed to have located it, even though in this case she would have eventually found it herself

.Unfortunately, given that the library is gossip central for our town, i will probably get more requests, and i cannot always find the object. .

She had heard about this  abilty from other clients   

Great job Sherlock Holmes, I saw that exact method of discovery used on Tv..

Let us consider this for a moment. If a female loses an item of jewelry it will most likely be found around the sink or fridge. No mystery there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

You should go work for the FBI or Interpol,  they could with people like you to help find missing people or stolen loot.

Let us know how you get on.

:) 

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

SHE STOLE IT?  

Did you read the story?

Originally the cross was on the chain around her neck 

While at work she spotted the cross on the floor, but couldn't find the chain .

She asked me where it was.

It was found on the floor of her house, many miles from   her work. It was indeed on the floor in front of the fridge door. and next to the sink,  in front of the refrigerator door (her husband found it.  After i had given her the words, and it wasn't in front of the fridge door at work,  she rang him at home and asked him if he could see it on the floor in front of their refrigerator

He found it immediately.

It was a fine gold chain.

The y probably would have spotted it eventually, but also it might have got swept  or  vacuumed up unnoticed  

18 minutes ago, RoseDancer said:

Let us consider this for a moment. If a female loses an item of jewelry it will most likely be found around the sink or fridge. No mystery there. 

Possibly, yet the cross from it was found in a doorway between the library and her office  and logically the chain should have been nearby.

Still i don't entirely discount this point.

However i have found over a dozen lost items when words regarding their location just pop into my head,

The chain had broken at some time and  the cross had dropped at work, possibly after being caught for a while in her clothing,  The chain had dropped  miles away in her home, yet the words i gave fitted BOTH locations.

Incidentally ive found lost or stolen  items for females in the following places

on a car floor (twice) 

In a handbag

in a bag in a locker at a school 

under a bed

On a beach

on a road

in the possession of other people known to the seeker (twice)

and only now in plain sight on the kitchen floor in front of the fridge :)  

Ps your stereotyping is showing.

i do all the food preparation, cooking, and cleaning up in our kitchen  I have done the first two for  almost forty years, and the last one since my wife had a stroke a couple of years ago.    

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Great job Sherlock Holmes, I saw that exact method of discovery used on Tv..

and? 

Are you saying i am lying, faking it, that it was coincidence, or that there are  others out her with the same abilty ? (there certainly are ) Or simply that you believe me, because you saw it done on tv ?  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Can you tell us where this wormhole is that you travelled through?

To answer literally. The closest one available for communication and travel is just outside the Oort clouds, along the elliptical plane :) 

To answer in the vein you used. 

Wormholes have nothing to do with finding lost objects, you silly billy

You don't reach through an interspatial  vortex into an adjacent dimension and extract the lost object  :)   

5 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

To answer literally. The closest one available for communication and travel is just outside the Oort clouds, along the elliptical plane :) 

What is the distance?  Does it orbit the Sun?

5 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

To answer in the vein you used. 

Wormholes have nothing to do with finding lost objects, you silly billy

You don't reach through an interspatial  vortex into an adjacent dimension and extract the lost object  :)   

No, I'm talking about finding the wormhole itself.

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

Good show starting your own thread as this may be a good as any place to delve into your experiences so things can be more focused.:tu:

When I read this bit I had to wonder as you say that you don't believe but know as in reference to past discussions, so if you don't know if you can exercise this gift  in all instances how can you claim to know that you can if you don't know if you can, would that not be more belief or hope than actually being confident in the ability to exercise at will?

jmccr8

sorry no comprehende :) 

Seriously 

a result is never assured and i always say that straight up 

i dont know how this works, which is why I am open to suggestions. i just know that it does work a lot of the time   So today, with no information other than that  the chain was lost but tha t she had found the cross i had 4 words come into my head ; door floor fridge and sink  That was all

as soon as i said them she explained  that the cross was found in a doorway (no door attached)    she then said that she had put a smoothie into a small bar fridge in her office.

We went and looked.  The fridge was less than 2 metres from where she had found the cross so i was hopeful, but nothing was found.  It seemed unlikely tha t the chain might be so far from the cross but the words kept reverberating in my mind. I asked her if it was possible the chain could have fallen off at home  She thought  it possible so rang her husband and told him where to look, ie on the floor in front of the fridge door, next to the sink. He found it in seconds 

I appreciate that, as usual, you are one of few to ask serious questions to try and work out what might have happened 

past experience gives me some confidence,

However it doesn't work all the time and sometimes the object cannot be retrieved 

Eg the last case involved a young woman who had lost a gold nugget  given to her by her grandfather who found it prospecting She had it made into a pendant 

She asked where it was. i said "  inside a bag (like a rucksack)  filled with  camping gear   in a wardrobe"  

she immediately said, " I knew it . When i moved down  from Darwin i only left ONE piece of luggage in my old flat. it was an old rucksack filled with camping gear " 

She went onto say that, suspecting it might have been in the bag because it contained stuff she used out in the bush  she had already asked her ex flatmates   The y denied finding it But due to the detail i gave her with no knowledge a t all, she decided that the flatmates had found the nugget while looking and decided to keep it 

And you see, this is where it gets interesting. I described where the object had been the last time she used it.

Clearly it wasn't there now, and i could  not locate what had happened to it, but i said she would not get it back  

This is why i think this skill is related to an abilty to read knowledge in a person's subconscious mind.

This lass Knew subconsciously that she had left the nugget in her ruck sack after taking it off while out in the bush   

But once her flatmates took it, she had no idea where it was, and so neither did i  Every case i have  "solved"  has had either the victim or the thief standing right next to me, as the knowledge came into my head.   ( Except for one successful instance on this forum, where i worked out that a girl's brother had stolen a family heirloom and sold it to buy drugs.)   

Edited by Mr Walker

36 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

and? 

Are you saying i am lying, faking it, that it was coincidence, or that there are  others out her with the same abilty ? (there certainly are ) Or simply that you believe me, because you saw it done on tv ?  :)

I am saying your form of deduction sounds just like Sherlock Holmes when he is on a case. I am not attacking your credibility in any manner, hell I don't know you or anything about you. So please take no offense concerning my comments.

19 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

What is the distance?  Does it orbit the Sun?

No, I'm talking about finding the wormhole itself.

lol i wasnt measuring  distances however it was beyond the oort clouds so  probably  between 100000 au and 200000 au or around 1.5 to 3 light years 

i was doing a tour of the planets  which appeared to be along a common plane (astronomy wasn't a subject taught n our school ) i basically followed the plane out beyond the oort clouds and discovered the wormhole or portal 

So far could be pure imagination Eventually science will prove this true or false 

It wasn't very big or easy to detect.

It was artificially creted and placed  (like similar wormholes around the galaxy)  so that humans ad other evolving sentient beings  would only find it and be able to use it once we had advanced enough to be able to leave our solar system.

it is an artefact constructed to enable mental and perhaps physical communication across a network all over the galaxy (again; imagination or reality ?)  time will tell  

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am saying your form of deduction sounds just like Sherlock Holmes when he is on a case. I am not attacking your credibility in any manner, hell I don't know you or anything about you. So please take no offense concerning my comments.

Ok thanks.

Yes there is an element  of logic in it, but  the words and knowledge are the critical bit in making any deductions.

I mean you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out what four words indicate :) 

Sorry if i was bit sensitive, but if you read some of the other posts so far, you will understand why 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Ok thanks.

Yes there is an element  of logic in it, but  the words and knowledge are the critical bit in making any deductions.

I mean you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out what four words indicate :) 

Sorry if i was bit sensitive, but if you read some of the other posts so far, you will understand why 

No offense taken have a great night.

• The topic was locked