Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oh yea of little faith :)

Mr Walker

11 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

lol i wasnt measuring  distances however it was beyond the oort clouds so  probably  between 100000 au and 200000 au or around 1.5 to 3 light years 

i was doing a tour of the planets  which appeared to be along a common plane (astronomy wasn't a subject taught n our school ) i basically followed the plane out beyond the oort clouds and discovered the wormhole or portal 

So far could be pure imagination Eventually science will prove this true or false 

It wasn't very big or easy to detect.

It was artificially creted and placed  (like similar wormholes around the galaxy)  so that humans ad other evolving sentient beings  would only find it and be able to use it once we had advanced enough to be able to leave our solar system.

it is an artefact constructed to enable mental and perhaps physical communication across a network all over the galaxy (again; imagination or reality ?)  time will tell  

How did you find it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

When people are factually wrong and refuse to believe a truth it is the y who are disadvantaged  Every claim i have made here has been as true as i could make it  None were believed  by a few people. Thus i don't believe some posters would believe this one,   even  if i offered witnesses and confirmation.

The title is ironic. Here is a case which, in principle,  destroys the arguments of non believers.

it doesn't prove psychic powers, but it does prove that i can and do(even when asked right out of the blue)    find lost items using  words which pop into my mind   

So all those who have little faith in such things, are shown to be wrong in this case. 

I got immense satisfaction from helping this very kind lady whose son worked for me for a while in the garden.

I got some satisfaction from  discovering that i had not lost my ability to help real peole with real loss (it had me worried when the chain was not in front of the fridge in the office only 2 metres form where the chain was found, so i was pleased when i turned up, right in front of the fridge door in her kitchen.  )

If you believe i lie or am making stuff up, you are wrong.Thus  your scepticism, while rational, is also wrong and prevents you accepting something real and wonderful.  

That's the point. It's not rational to believe it based on past experience. 

Probability remember. 

That's not what I was asking though. I wondered if you feel that this story, which you seem eager to validate, gives your other claims more validity? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

That's the point. It's not rational to believe it based on past experience. 

Probability remember. 

That's not what I was asking though. I wondered if you feel that this story, which you seem eager to validate, gives your other claims more validity? 

yep but what you consider " lies" or impossible  I know to be truth, and possible, so my past experience is very different to yours. Thus, for me, it would be  totally irrational/illogical NOT t believe it  It is not logical to deny evidences or reality just because you don't believe in them 

You believe i lie. i know i tell the truth. This makes a huge difference 

NO  no story online can be proven to an unwilling audience. It requires willingness to believe 

So one more story wouldn't make a difference 

i rushed home to tell this story as it happened BECAUSE it excited me and was one more example that i have not lost my talent :) 

it is fascinating because i KNOW i tell the truth  Thus i kNOW that your incredulity is unfounded.

i know you are wrong to doubt my claims. I understand  why you do, and can even empathise with the logic behind your reasoning   but still,  i know you are wrong.

This example just gives ME more assurance that you are wrong.

i can't explain it, and am open to suggestions, but every word of it is true.

Make of it as you will.

That is also the  case with all similar stories i post   Every one of them may be pure coincidence but again, statistically, that is more unlikely than mind reading. how many people do you know who have successfully found/recovered almost 20 lost or stolen  objects. If it was just coincidence it should be happening to everyone, all the time 

Of course, if you believe mind reading is impossible, then you a re forced to seek other explanations, however improbable :) 

Edited by Mr Walker

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I appreciate that, as usual, you are one of few to ask serious questions to try and work out what might have happened 

past experience gives me some confidence,

However it doesn't work all the time and sometimes the object cannot be retrieved 

Hi Walker

Good and glad to hear that you are open to discussion, thanks. I am not going to argue that this or the other incidents did or did not happen but am interested in some aspects of what you have talked with me and will look for clarification as to when you noticed your gift as well as is there a relationship with some of your other claims.

To know implies a level of certainty so we need to clarify how you perceive this certainty if it is not a constant?

To start with I am going to give and example of how I see what "I know" means to me, I know that if I rum  my hand into the table saw while cutting wood that I will cut bits off every time so I exercise caution in how I use my gift of building things. I also know that I would not deliberately do that. I also know that if I drive through a red light that I am breaking the law every time but may not get caught and now with traffic cams cannot assume that I will not get a ticket but do not know which lights have cams so I treat all of them like they do because I can not know with any level of certainty that there is a camera so I do not claim that I can know anything more than it is against the law.

I am curious as to when this skill manifested in your life and if there is a relationship with your alien encounter?

When you went to get tested after seeing Phenomenon it was because you thought you might have a tumor and over the years have seen several movies where special abilities were rooted in the subject having a tumor, did these experiences start  then for you and  if it did have a relationship to either of those incidents and how does astral travel fit in as you say you have been doing this since your youth but have indicated a relationship in past?

I think that you opening this thread is a good idea because it is about you specifically, many times in other threads we derail and it causes some aggravation for some so here we cannot be off topic and have the liberty to explore your experiences.

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
added context
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

NO  no story online can be proven to an unwilling audience. It requires willingness to believe 

No, it just requires evidence and again you have none. This story is of no difference to any other stories you tell except that it is recent, it has the same issues in that we have to trust that a story on the internet is accurate, which you've already admitted in the past is irrational.  It would be interesting if you ever come up with something upon which one should rationally believe what you're saying to be true, but you would then have to provide the rational basis for doing so, which a story is not as you know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

Good and glad to hear that you are open to discussion, thanks. I am not going to argue that this or the other incidents did or did not happen but am interested in some aspects of what you have talked with me and will look for clarification as to when you noticed your gift as well as is there a relationship with some of your other claims.

To know implies a level of certainty so we need to clarify how you perceive this certainty if it is not a constant?

To start with I am going to give and example of how I see what "I know" means to me, I know that if I rum  my hand into the table saw while cutting wood that I will cut bits off every time so I exercise caution in how I use my gift of building things. I also know that I would not deliberately do that. I also know that if I drive through a red light that I am breaking the law every time but may not get caught and now with traffic cams cannot assume that I will not get a ticket but do not know which lights have cams so I treat all of them like they do because I can not know with any level of certainty that there is a camera so I do not claim that I can know anything more than it is against the law.

I am curious as to when this skill manifested in your life and if there is a relationship with your alien encounter?

When you went to get tested after seeing Phenomenon it was because you thought you might have a tumor and over the years have seen several movies where special abilities were rooted in the subject having a tumor, did these experiences start  then for you and  if it did have a relationship to either of those incidents and how does astral travel fit in as you say you have been doing this since your youth but have indicated a relationship in past?

I think that you opening this thread is a good idea because it is about you specifically, many times in other threads we derail and it causes some aggravation for some so here we cannot be off topic and have the liberty to explore your experiences.

jmccr8

As per your definition, and example, my knowledge comes from  personal experiencing

Thus you or i can know things that other people also know from experiences,  but know some things that only we know from individual experiences  

In this type of case 

i know i have found almost 20 lost or stolen items in much the same way ie by getting insight (usually through words) into where the object is 

I know what it is like to have that knowledge come into your mind, and i know the pleasure it gives to me, and the owner, when the object is located 

I dont really know how or why it works and why sometimes (less than 20% of the time) i just get no knowledge of the location  although the pattern of success and failures gives me clues 

To be honest i dont really know when it first manifested.  Ive been able to locate things all my life but as a child never thought much about it.  My mother had a similar gift  so it wasnt considered unusual tha t could do so 

The 20 cases i quote are all from my adult life when i was asked by others to try and find something that had been lost or stolen 

I dont see a direct connection to any specific alien encounter, but i do think the re is a connection between my connection to the cosmic consciousness aged about 12/13  when i became conscious of the whole universe and my connection to it.   Feeling part of the universe in a physical and mental sense theoretically would make it easier to locate an object However i suspect as above that this comes from my abilty to link to other minds and read their subconscious.  However i also never get lost and never have to look for a car park when shopping which are both sort of abiliites like having an extended  chi.

As you can tell I really dont know or completely understand  this gift at all,  but I make use of it 

Basically ive had some unusual abilities since i was a few years old (ie as early as i can remember)    Some came naturally, others took years of hourly work to strengthen 

its not a major part of my life eg ive only found about 20 things in 20 years for other people, (As a minimum There are others i have almost forgotten about  eg the purse containing a lot of money and iD which i found as a teenager and returned to the owner. A wallet and drivers licence i found and returned to an ex student who was in prison at the  time :)   and yet in some ways it makes me who i am, and how people see me   

7 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

No, it just requires evidence and again you have none. This story is of no difference to any other stories you tell except that it is recent, it has the same issues in that we have to trust that a story on the internet is accurate, which you've already admitted in the past is irrational.  It would be interesting if you ever come up with something upon which one should rationally believe what you're saying to be true, but you would then have to provide the rational basis for doing so, which a story is not as you know.

Soory but you make a comon error I spoke of belief.

Belief requires no evidence  and indeed cannot exist if there is convincing evidence. As I cant prove something online to you it requires a choice of belief or disbelief from you.

If I proved it to you that would not be BELIEF by you, but knowledge 

The difference here (from cases in the past)  is tha t i could put you in contact with most of the witnesses. However that would only be proof or evidence to you if you accepted them as genuine 

No I've never said belief or disbelief of any story was irrational  Belief and disbelief can be equally rational  The problem is that you perceive somethings as impossible and thus irrational  This is not so.  What  is, is, whether it is hard to believe or not 

This happened. i dont know if rational even comes into it.

Because it happened, it can be rational to believe it happened.

However, it would also be rational for you to choose to disbelieve. 

if you had been there, it would be irrational for you to disbelieve.

4 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Belief requires no evidence 

Almost all of mine do.

As I cant prove something online to you it requires a choice of belief or disbelief from you.

Not that you can't prove, you can't provide evidence.  You've offered an obviously incomplete narrative, I think there is a lot more conversation than what you have recollected here.

The problem is that you perceive somethings as impossible and thus irrational  This is not so.  What  is, is, whether it is hard to believe or not 

It's not hard to believe that someone can assist someone else in giving them ideas as to how to find something that is lost, I've done it too. 

No I've never said belief or disbelief of any story was irrational

Guess you don't remember then.  It is not rational for anyone to believe something is true solely because somebody posted it on the internet, you agreed with this.  Yes, people can believe anyway, but it's not a rational belief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Almost all of mine do.

Not that you can't prove, you can't provide evidence.  You've offered an obviously incomplete narrative, I think there is a lot more conversation than what you have recollected here.

It's not hard to believe that someone can assist someone else in giving them ideas as to how to find something that is lost, I've done it too. 

Guess you don't remember then.  It is not rational for anyone to believe something is true solely because somebody posted it on the internet, you agreed with this.  Yes, people can believe anyway, but it's not a rational belief.

LG, you make a great point I locate misplaced things all the time for my husband. Lol

I am not psychic just make educated guesses.

That is what I conclude Wally did in fact, he was wrong the first guess. Who couldn’t think of kitchen as a place to look eventually. It is a much better explanation then he is psychic with a gift that helps humanity. yet, never has proof. 

Why didn’t he get permission to link Facebook or start a FB thread for this story and have all these people he helped attest to his abilities and reputation for being the go to for items that are lost. 

It seems suspicious to me, about losing a necklace, typically a necklace is worn all the time and how would it get unclasped and fall off (a gold chain with a cross is special, (I wear one all the time). An earring absolutely, a ring-you bet, a bracelet without a lock clasp, yep. But a necklace (unless the clasp broke or faulty) and how would that happen without the lady noticing and there was no mention of a broken clasp. 

Recently at a club with my son and his best friend I lost my cell phone, I told my son and he found it.

He asked every single person at the club while at the same time he kept calling my phone, he found my phone within minutes. 

I don’t have an IPhone, and my son is not psychic. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

As per your definition, and example, my knowledge comes from  personal experiencing

Thus you or i can know things that other people also know from experiences,  but know some things that only we know from individual experiences  

In this type of case 

i know i have found almost 20 lost or stolen items in much the same way ie by getting insight (usually through words) into where the object is 

I know what it is like to have that knowledge come into your mind, and i know the pleasure it gives to me, and the owner, when the object is located 

I dont really know how or why it works and why sometimes (less than 20% of the time) i just get no knowledge of the location  although the pattern of success and failures gives me clues 

To be honest i dont really know when it first manifested.  Ive been able to locate things all my life but as a child never thought much about it.  My mother had a similar gift  so it wasnt considered unusual tha t could do so 

The 20 cases i quote are all from my adult life when i was asked by others to try and find something that had been lost or stolen 

I dont see a direct connection to any specific alien encounter, but i do think the re is a connection between my connection to the cosmic consciousness aged about 12/13  when i became conscious of the whole universe and my connection to it.   Feeling part of the universe in a physical and mental sense theoretically would make it easier to locate an object However i suspect as above that this comes from my abilty to link to other minds and read their subconscious.  However i also never get lost and never have to look for a car park when shopping which are both sort of abiliites like having an extended  chi.

As you can tell I really dont know or completely understand  this gift at all,  but I make use of it 

Basically ive had some unusual abilities since i was a few years old (ie as early as i can remember)    Some came naturally, others took years of hourly work to strengthen 

its not a major part of my life eg ive only found about 20 things in 20 years for other people, (As a minimum There are others i have almost forgotten about  eg the purse containing a lot of money and iD which i found as a teenager and returned to the owner. A wallet and drivers licence i found and returned to an ex student who was in prison at the  time :)   and yet in some ways it makes me who i am, and how people see me   

20 items in an adult lifetime isn’t much of a track record, let alone to establish you are psychic with a gift to help humanity. 

Of course, people make educated guesses all the time that is all you are positing, 

You were wrong the first guess, then you guessed again.

In order for you to position that you are Psychic you will have to establish that this is an extraordinary phenomena and outside of our know reality,  you will have to support that the human brain is capable of mind reading and clairvoyance.

I think you are capable of making educated guesses like the rest of us humans, 

That you are psychic absolutely not. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Almost all of mine do.

If i commented on this it was to explain that we cannot know the truth of anything on the internet 

it can be both rational and irrational to believe an internet claim, depending on our own knowledge experiences and world views Beliefs are constructs built on need as well as past knowldge  The y are not and do not necessarily have to be logical and the y certainly dont have to  have ANY evidence supporting them, to still be logical Eg to believe there is other life in the galaxy is a totally rational and logical belief, despite there not being a single shred of evidence that it is true  Disbelief would be equally, but no more,  logical. 

I would have said that i would not necessary accept anything on the internet and that nothing on the internet could be proven to me unless I took those proofs on faith. I would also have said, however, that, in general, i would not DISBELIEVE something on the internet but would suspend belief and disbelief.

What i DID say was that your disbelief is quite rational, as you have no personal experiences to inform you about many of these things. Hence disbelief is quite a reasonable/ logical choice  (for you)

It would not be logical or reasonable for me 

And no The narrative was complete.

it was not long or complex and the whole episode lasted only a couple of minutes 

I came home and posted within 10 minutes of it happening. 

Again you seek some explanation to get around what happened 

To me the most significant thing was that i told her it was on the floor in front  of the fridge door 

I was disappointed when it wasn't there,  close to  where she found the heart, but i told her that was what  (all the information) i had, and asked if it could be at home.  As stated it was found on the floor right in front of the fridge door and next to the sink 

It was so fine that it would have been hard to see unless you were looking  closely 

Possibly pure coincidence or luck, but with my past record that would make me incredibly lucky when it came to locating such things 

3 hours ago, Sherapy said:

20 items in an adult lifetime isn’t much of a track record, let alone to establish you are psychic with a gift to help humanity. 

Of course, people make educated guesses all the time that is all you are positing, 

You were wrong the first guess, then you guessed again.

In order for you to position that you are Psychic you will have to establish that this is an extraordinary phenomena and outside of our know reality,  you will have to support that the human brain is capable of mind reading and clairvoyance.

I think you are capable of making educated guesses like the rest of us humans, 

That you are psychic absolutely not. 

lol That depends 

How many other people have done the same with about a 95% success rate and how many people are approached by ther community  to find lost things beceus of their reputionfor doing so ?

Second accepting its not a lot, explain how /why I located even one of them, with NO knowledge about where the y might be  

and why would my educated guesses be right 95% of the time (when i don't get anything in my mind I just say so) 

You do not WANT to accept this because it would shatter the cosy materialist view of the world you have constructed for yourself

and no i don't have to prove anything to you Psychic is just a word, I dont have any  idea how it works  (just theories) I just know that it does . The proofs are in the cases and in the objects found and returned to people If anyone could do it, then why don't they

Sceince proves the human mind/brain is capable of mind reading,  and clairvoyance is only a form of mind reading.

Of course so far the experiments have required wi fi and computer translations but they have been done One mind can read both the words and images of another mind if those two minds are linked  A computer can also do this     

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sherapy said:

LG, you make a great point I locate misplaced things all the time for my husband. Lol

I am not psychic just make educated guesses.

That is what I conclude Wally did in fact, he was wrong the first guess. Who couldn’t think of kitchen as a place to look eventually. It is a much better explanation then he is psychic with a gift that helps humanity. yet, never has proof. 

Why didn’t he get permission to link Facebook or start a FB thread for this story and have all these people he helped attest to his abilities and reputation for being the go to for items that are lost. 

It seems suspicious to me, about losing a necklace, typically a necklace is worn all the time and how would it get unclasped and fall off (a gold chain with a cross is special, (I wear one all the time). An earring absolutely, a ring-you bet, a bracelet without a lock clasp, yep. But a necklace (unless the clasp broke or faulty) and how would that happen without the lady noticing and there was no mention of a broken clasp. 

Recently at a club with my son and his best friend I lost my cell phone, I told my son and he found it.

He asked every single person at the club while at the same time he kept calling my phone, he found my phone within minutes. 

I don’t have an IPhone, and my son is not psychic. 

I didn't guess and i wasn't wrong.  I gave ONE answer of 4 words and it was correct. 

All the words were involved in finding the  object 

It was natural to assume the chain would be close to the  cross and not miles away, or in another building  

ps i assume your son did not locate the phone form its ringing but did so by simply knowing and telling you where it was 

Eg we had visitors yesterday When the y went to leave two had lost their car keys.  We were outside the house when the y realised this   I told one that his were down the side of the chair he had been sitting on    and the other that his were on the TV cabinet 

Now i might have picked that up subliminally during the afternoon but i just ;"knew" where the y were in a second, and told each one, who then went and got his keys 

19 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I was disappointed when it wasn't there,  close to  where she found the heart, but i told her that was what  (all the information) i had, and asked if it could be at home.  As stated it was found on the floor right in front of the fridge door and next to the sink 

4 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

It was natural to assume the chain would be close to the  cross and not miles away, or in another building

Having trouble remembering what was actually on the chain?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Having trouble remembering what was actually on the chain?

lol Not Really. I did notice i wrote heart twice and  so corrected it once, but missed that one apparently  .  I  didn't forget, just wasn't careful enough thinking/ writing /proof reading  It was a small  gold cross just over half an inch long. 

23 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I  didn't forget, just wasn't careful enough thinking/ writing /proof reading

I know you never claimed to be perfect, but that is a bad sign when it comes to determining credibility of your stories.

This event just happened within the last few days. 

What does that tell us about the reliability of you memories from decades ago?

It may seem trivial, but I consider it a big red flag on this anecdote. 

PS - Any luck figuring out about the whale story?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

I know you never claimed to be perfect, but that is a bad sign when it comes to determining credibility of your stories.

This event just happened within the last few days. 

What does that tell us about the reliability of you memories from decades ago?

It may seem trivial, but I consider it a big red flag on this anecdote. 

PS - Any luck figuring out about the whale story?

The credibility isnt really important One has to either trust /believe me, or not.

if i was making it all up, I would be more careful to keep it perfect (or perhaps i am so clever that i allow small errors to creep in to make it more realistic )  :) 

No luck yet with the whale story.  I have talked to  a few people  who remember it, but cant find any sources online.

I might put the question to  our local history group which collects photos and old cuttings  of local events.

I am not surprised it is not online, as it occurred before  the internet, and even before an abilty to easily upload photos to a computer    Possibly the only images were on some news film, which may, or may not, have been archived.  

it was ealry nineties, which is too early  for the internet and too late for it to be in the archives or Trove, or similar digitised newspaper articles 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2019 at 6:32 PM, Mr Walker said:

In this type of case 

Hi Walker

Thanks for the response, two guys can see that that man has money. One guy tries to think what service or product he can give to get some of his money and the other guy thinks about what would be the best way to rob him. Personal experience is subjective and yes many different people having very different experiences can have similar or other interpretations of what happened which is why scientific method was created to look for constants.

I am doing a reno and seveal times I have walked from the house to the garage to get a tool or do something and when I get there I have lost  what I had to do but if I turn around and go back through the house door I find my lost thought, does that make me special even if I have been doing this since my childhood?

I once found 2 hits of orange double barrel in a yellow and orange shag carpet in 1974 does that make me special? Well for that night I was. :innocent::whistle:

Wouldn't god be the what cosmic consciousness is and you have proclaimed your alien a god?:huh:

These are some of the bugs that need to be worked out.

When I was young my parents told me that if I broke a toy I would not get a new one and being the child I was I needed to take it apart to see each piece and how they were related to the others and re-assemble them, that is one of my gifts and it will always be a growing endeavor. i have a unique relationship with mechanical things, I talk to them, touch them take them apart and make them a part of me,an extension of myself. Many of us have had your experience in some form or another and simply accept that it is a natural part of what we as individuals and a group are. I have never thought of giving credit for my natural abilities to a something other because that something other has never been there during those experiences.

its not a major part of my life eg ive only found about 20 things in 20 years for other people, 

I can understand that is is not the most significant part of your life and given your age and you first experience 20 items is just as easily chance which is what I would chalk it up to if it happened to me but yeah I know that you were feeling pretty mac about it and yeah go ahead and feel good so I would rather delve into your mental state at times like this.

jmccr8 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

lol That depends 

How many other people have done the same with about a 95% success rate and how many people are approached by ther community  to find lost things beceus of their reputionfor doing so ?

Second accepting its not a lot, explain how /why I located even one of them, with NO knowledge about where the y might be  

and why would my educated guesses be right 95% of the time (when i don't get anything in my mind I just say so) 

You do not WANT to accept this because it would shatter the cosy materialist view of the world you have constructed for yourself

and no i don't have to prove anything to you Psychic is just a word, I dont have any  idea how it works  (just theories) I just know that it does . The proofs are in the cases and in the objects found and returned to people If anyone could do it, then why don't they

Sceince proves the human mind/brain is capable of mind reading,  and clairvoyance is only a form of mind reading.

Of course so far the experiments have required wi fi and computer translations but they have been done One mind can read both the words and images of another mind if those two minds are linked  A computer can also do this     

You quote you can’t always find objects, this doesn’t substantiate the 95 percent accuracy rate you claim. 

Also you have declined 3 offers to test your ability to find things, on the basis you aren’t always right. 

You have made no effort to objectively attempt to measure your accuracy rate and according to your own rough estimation you are not always able to find items. 

I think it is accurate to say you have zero percent rate of finding things on UM. 

How is the whale story proof coming along? 

Perhaps you could ask Charles for help as he in an expert in tuna farming, whales and knows the people and the area you come from. 

I think he could help. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2019 at 10:49 AM, Mr Walker said:

Did you read the story?

Originally the cross was on the chain around her neck 

While at work she spotted the cross on the floor, but couldn't find the chain .

She asked me where it was.

It was found on the floor of her house, many miles from   her work. It was indeed on the floor in front of the fridge door. and next to the sink,  in front of the refrigerator door (her husband found it.  After i had given her the words, and it wasn't in front of the fridge door at work,  she rang him at home and asked him if he could see it on the floor in front of their refrigerator

He found it immediately.

It was a fine gold chain.

The y probably would have spotted it eventually, but also it might have got swept  or  vacuumed up unnoticed  

The way it was explained here was vague.  As she worked there, this could have read she found it - on the library floor. 

I went into our library today and the head librarian asked if i could locate a gold chain for her, It had a small cross on it which she had found on the library floor  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

The way it was explained here was vague.  As she worked there, this could have read she found it - on the library floor. 

I agree the story was so choppy and seems  thrown together not only  on the point you pulled out, it  isn’t clear to me why if he is known in his little community for his psychic abilities and sharing this remarkable gift (It seemed as if he was implying he was called in due to his reputation), I can’t help but question why isn’t there a FB page and why couldn’t he black out the names if the pages are on private. Take a pic and upload. Why would, a library be on private, anyway? 

He also has claimed many times his ability to guess lotteries correctly has resulted in banning  him from all local lotteries due to winning all the time. Surely, this would be big news in his community if one was to believe that gossip spreads like fire, his words. 

Confused.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

it can be both rational and irrational to believe an internet claim, depending on our own knowledge experiences and world views

I said 'solely' though, you must have missed that.

Again you seek some explanation to get around what happened 

Ha, ah no, not quite.  I'm seeking some explanation as to if there is something unexplained about this, I don't need an explanation 'around' another internet story, especially this one.

It was so fine that it would have been hard to see unless you were looking  closely

You just said 'the narrative was complete'?  Where was this mentioned in the OP?  Wonder what other part of the conversation you're forgetting.  You know, a very typical strategy in helping someone find something lost is to ask them to recount everywhere they were since the last time they knew they had the missing item, which makes me wonder if something like, 'well I stopped to get a soda out of my home fridge before driving in to the library', was mentioned.

Possibly pure coincidence or luck, but with my past record that would make me incredibly lucky when it came to locating such things

Well if you think coincidence and luck are possibilities for once that's a very good sign that it's the explanation.  I'm not very convinced of your ability to determine whether something is incredibly lucky, you have a reputation for only counting the hits and not counting or disqualifying the misses. 

It's weird too, and of course as always convenient, that you don't actually know whether you are are using powers or not until there is later some confirmation of accuracy.  It's not like there's something to distinguish your use of powers from just imagining things apparently, it's not like you say, 'before I had her call her husband to look for the chain I knew she'd find it as there's always a bright light around the edges of my vision when this remote viewing/mind reading power manifests' or 'I know when I'm really viewing remotely as my angel always appears and guides me'.  It'd be easier to test if it worked that way and you didn't have to find out later if your guess was accurate or not and just knew from the nature of the use of these powers.  Just another purely coincidental, "it doesn't work that way", example I guess.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I said 'solely' though, you must have missed that.

Ha, ah no, not quite.  I'm seeking some explanation as to if there is something unexplained about this, I don't need an explanation 'around' another internet story, especially this one.

You just said 'the narrative was complete'?  Where was this mentioned in the OP?  Wonder what other part of the conversation you're forgetting.  You know, a very typical strategy in helping someone find something lost is to ask them to recount everywhere they were since the last time they knew they had the missing item, which makes me wonder if something like, 'well I stopped to get a soda out of my home fridge before driving in to the library', was mentioned.

Well if you think coincidence and luck are possibilities for once that's a very good sign that it's the explanation.  I'm not very convinced of your ability to determine whether something is incredibly lucky, you have a reputation for only counting the hits and not counting or disqualifying the misses. 

It's weird too, and of course as always convenient, that you don't actually know whether you are are using powers or not until there is later some confirmation of accuracy.  It's not like there's something to distinguish your use of powers from just imagining things apparently, it's not like you say, 'before I had her call her husband to look for the chain I knew she'd find it as there's always a bright light around the edges of my vision when this remote viewing/mind reading power manifests' or 'I know when I'm really viewing remotely as my angel always appears and guides me'.  It'd be easier to test if it worked that way and you didn't have to find out later if your guess was accurate or not and just knew from the nature of the use of these powers.  Just another purely coincidental, "it doesn't work that way", example I guess.

There just isn’t anything unexplained about this claim. Even with the extras put on the choppy narrative, this can be explained easily and the lack of FB page speaking of it tells me it was insignificant  lol and the kids that left their wallet and keys at his house, he saw one set the wallet on the mantle and it stands to reason one would check the chair he was sitting in for keys. Geez, mind reading, or clairvoyance, at best making an educated guess. 

This makes me think if this young kid of 5 thought cuz a word popped into his head he created the word. Giggles.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

On 10/25/2019 at 6:41 PM, Mr Walker said:

Belief requires no evidence  and indeed cannot exist if there is convincing evidence. As I cant prove something online to you it requires a choice of belief or disbelief from you.

Hi Walker

I would tend to disagree with this point as for me I need certain tangibles/evidences of something in order to believe. If someone came to me with a sales pitch for some new developing product/service and has no documentation to support their pitch then I am less inclined to believe that they are serious about dealing with me because if they knew of me then I would expect that they would know enough to come prepared for examination.

On 10/25/2019 at 6:41 PM, Mr Walker said:

The problem is that you perceive somethings as impossible and thus irrational  This is not so.  What  is, is, whether it is hard to believe or not 

Just like to point out that I don't say things are impossible only that there has not been evidence strong enough to support any claims and I suspect that many of the people here that debate you hold the same position.

jmccr8

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sherapy said:

You quote you can’t always find objects, this doesn’t substantiate the 95 percent accuracy rate you claim. 

Also you have declined 3 offers to test your ability to find things, on the basis you aren’t always right. 

You have made no effort to objectively attempt to measure your accuracy rate and according to your own rough estimation you are not always able to find items. 

I think it is accurate to say you have zero percent rate of finding things on UM. 

How is the whale story proof coming along? 

Perhaps you could ask Charles for help as he in an expert in tuna farming, whales and knows the people and the area you come from. 

I think he could help. 

Actually it does. If i could always find an object it would be 100 %

Out of all objects I have been asked to find I have located and retrieved 80 % approx. In another 15% of cases ive been able to show the person where the object was but it was not retrievable This does not count the dozens of items i have located informally for family or friends   

However that point is moot.

Really i should NEVER be able to find anything using only this method. I means tha t humans have some abilities we do not always recognise or utilise 

The 3 things I declined are a totally difernt abilty. I have successfully located one real item for a person on  this forum but unfortunately her brother had sold it for drug money and i dont think she was ever able to retrieve it 

As ive said, except for one online case every case ive solved, I have had the person standing next to me.  You are just making up reasons to stay in your comfort zone of scepticism and disbelief 

lol i dont know about Charles. I couldn't find any director (official title of the Marine science centre, not manager)  called Charles .

This doesn't mean he is not telling the truth. His real name may be different  or he may mean a different centre

However i know that i am  telling the truth,  and that all that counts for me, 

• The topic was locked