Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oh yea of little faith :)

Mr Walker

Just now, Habitat said:

Well, who would begrudge anyone some relief from grief. Not all can manage the suspension of disbelief, though, and you are one of those.

Of course I wouldn’t especially my beloved son who was devastated at the loss of his dad. 
And, you are wrong it doesn’t require a suspension of belief, it is simply an experience you take from it what you want or leave it. 
In the end, it only matters the impact it has on one personally. I have shared tales too, I chalked mine off to hallucinations, I don’t for a second believe in angels, or god  etc. but I don’t need to. It’s the take away that matters, how I use my subjective experiences to navigate the tough times. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Of course I wouldn’t especially my beloved son who was devastated at the loss of his dad. 
And, you are wrong it doesn’t require a suspension of belief, it is simply an experience you take from it what you want or leave it. 
In the end, it only matters the impact it has on one personally. I have shared tales too, I chalked mine off to hallucinations, I don’t for a second believe in angels, or god  etc. but I don’t need to. It’s the take away that matters, how I use my subjective experiences to navigate the tough times. 

The error here is two fold.

First, that belief is required for contact with angels etc. You don't have to believe in dogs to encounter them.  It is the same with any real thing 

Second, that belief comes from  a need which somehow makes a person believe in things  and even imagine things.

Thus, should you ever come into contact with an angel, you are likely to dismiss it as an hallucination, rather than attempt to engage with it, or learn from it .

6 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

To clarify here  in case you were suggesting I was racist as well as a liar 

Habitat  is correct when he says that many of 3rd eye's posts are unintelligible.

I admire anyone who can speak, or   write, in more than one language,  but there is no point in posting if your posts don't make sense.

Many of his sentences are so poorly constructed as to be unintelligible  . Others are a lot better.

I dont know if he does use a translating algorithm, or does his own translating, but it is very inconsistent   

You two are the only two who have ever complained that he is unintelligible. 
I wonder if It isn’t you. I think it might be.
He is literally brilliant, I have had many wonderful conversations with him in pm.

He has given me a leg up on Eastern thought and  Philosophy.
It is nothing against you, but he might be over your head. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I'm not wrong that you wouldn't consult that woman, personally, and for the reason, you basically have no faith in it, and I would take a lot of convincing myself.

• Confused 1

Just now, Mr Walker said:

The error here is two fold.

First, that belief is required for contact with angels etc. You don't have to believe in dogs to encounter them.  It is the same with any real thing 

Second, that belief comes from  a need which somehow makes a person believe in things  and even imagine things.

Thus, should you ever come into contact with an angel, you are likely to dismiss it as an hallucination, rather than attempt to engage with it, or learn from it .

Is this how it works for you? 

Just now, Sherapy said:

He is literally brilliant, I have had many wonderful conversations with him in pm.

Oh come on No one may have complained but many of the sentences are so poorly written as to require guesswork to decipher them She clearly has a good mind and some comments are intelligent but many cant be deciphered because the y are gibberish

On the other hand her lack of abilty in sentence construction worries me a lot less than the anger frustration and vitriol  demonstrated   Sheclralry feels given the peronal commentry she makes its one worse than yours which is at least shaded by an attempt a t civility.

Like you, she rarely comments on facts, or even offers an opinion or pov on a subject   but just spews forth  personal commentary. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Is this how it works for you? 

could you please refine this question as i dont know what part of my post you are talking about .

Meanwhile.

i have never found that belief or need has any effect on reality, Things are what they are  If an angel or ghost is there it is there because its there, not because of any subjective need on my part.  If i was not present then the angel/ ghost etc would still be there.

We don't construct such things, we perceive and interpret them (That is MY experience) 

I appreciate that needs can cause people to construct beliefs But the y also construct them for many other reasons, as part of our evolved cognitive tool box  

Ive explained before that i neither intrinsically believe nor disbelieve in anything.

I know stuff and where i don't have knowledge, I maintain an open mind  and use logic and available evidences to come up with a "best fit " answer. 

And yes, because i have no fear, or need, of  ghosts, angels, gods or aliens, if i encounter one, i do all I can to engage it and learn from  it,  rather than deny its existence or try to get away from it  

Edited by Mr Walker

Just now, Habitat said:

I'm not wrong that you wouldn't consult that woman, personally, and for the reason, you basically have no faith in it, and I would take a lot of convincing myself.

Actually, I went to her too. 

It was a lot of fun. A novel experience. 

I am also going to the Queen Mary a ship known for ghosts, it sounds fun. 

This stuff is fun. 

I am still a skeptic. 

• Like 2

So he's not adsurdly incoherent, after all ?

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

could you please refine this question as i dont know what part of my post you are talking about .

The whole post, it made no sense to me. This is why I asked if this is how it works for you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Actually, I went to her too. 

It was a lot of fun. A novel experience. 

I am also going to the Queen Mary a ship known for ghosts, it sounds fun. 

This stuff is fun. 

I am still a skeptic. 

True confessions !

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

So he's not adsurdly incoherent, after all ?

Not to any poster but you and Walker.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Habitat said:

True confessions !

It’s called having fun, trying things.

Habbies your to serious. 

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Not to any poster but you and Walker.

That was what you said, and it isn't far wrong.

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

It’s called having fun, trying things.

Habbies your to serious. 

Of course, of course.

5 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

The whole post, it made no sense to me. This is why I asked if this is how it works for you.

ok Hopefully the extension to this reply ( above)  helps you understand  how i work, even if it doesn't make sense to you. 

36 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Poor old 3 eye, who speaks about truth and proof, and here it all is on here in print, for him to produce the "killer" evidence, is looking like someone who bit down on an unripe Persimmon.

Another lie, you've never seen an unripe persimmon in your life have you, you fruity little liar you... 

~

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Oh come on No one may have complained but many of the sentences are so poorly written as to require guesswork to decipher them She clearly has a good mind and some comments are intelligent but many cant be deciphered because the y are gibberish

On the other hand her lack of abilty in sentence construction worries me a lot less than the anger frustration and vitriol  demonstrated   Sheclralry feels given the peronal commentry she makes its one worse than yours which is at least shaded by an attempt a t civility.

Like you, she rarely comments on facts, or even offers an opinion or pov on a subject   but just spews forth  personal commentary. 

I have read many interesting and educational posts from him. 

Like I said, he is well read in many subjects. I have been delighted to read his recommendations. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have read many interesting and educational posts from him. 

Like I said, he is well read in many subjects. I have been delighted to read his recommendations. 

Interesting i haven't seen any here for along time he/she does have a certain pretentious verbosity but rather than enhance meaning that often obfuscates it  

Some of the posts here are witty (if nasty)  and show an excellent vocabulary However, others just dont make any sense .

eg

Good for you, too bad your minutes of misery is so constant eh? 

A declaration, verdict and conclusion accordingly to pedantry afforded by pleasantries, have a nice evening. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Another lie, you've never seen an unripe persimmon in your life have you, you fruity little liar you... 

~

You poor soul, seeing dishonesty behind every (fruit) tree. Persimmons I am familiar with, not that they are commonly grown or sold hereabouts, but the astringent effects on the mouth of one not properly ripe, is not easily forgotten.

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

That's more a credit to you than I, honestly speaking... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

Interesting i haven't seen any here for along time he/she does have a certain pretentious verbosity but rather than enhance meaning that often obfuscates it  

Some of the posts here are witty (if nasty)  and show an excellent vocabulary However, others just dont make any sense .

That's when the Guinness is doing the talking.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

You poor soul, seeing dishonesty behind every (fruit) tree. Persimmons I am familiar with, not that they are commonly grown or sold hereabouts, but the astringent effects on the mouth of one not properly ripe, is not easily forgotten.

Liar, you just admitted you are unfamiliar with persimmon on a tree, where unripe persimmons are found, so now it's "not proper ripe" 

So you're going to say it's Not lying on purpose is it? 

~

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

If you think it's the Guinness talking then you're obviously hearing things... 

~

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

lol as a teetotaller and non drug taker i often do wonder if the quality of some posts by some posters on  the odd occasion is the result of posting under the influence :)  

I would never suggest that but it would explain a lot. especially why some posters, who are clearly intelligent and articulate at times, post total rubbish at others.

A couple have been kind enough to admit to this.  

Edited by Mr Walker

• The topic was locked