Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Mr Walker

Oh yea of little faith :)

219 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

jmccr8
5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I had the psych evaluation done after( and as a result of)  that encounter because i wanted to make sure  I wasn't mentally ill.

It gave me more than just a clean bill of health.

Indeed i was about 21 and in top physical and mental condition  That was summer of 72/73 

Hi Walker

Thanks for clearing that up so then in both instances you had concerns about your health before getting tested and were fortunate to have been given a clean bill of health.

What was it exactly that you were concerned with in the first incident as I am not certain that I understand completely if you felt that you were hale and hardy at the time? I don't wish to make you uncomfortable but could you clarify what specific concerns you had prior to getting tested and did you get a complete physical with full blood work before considering mental health testing?

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

The test using scans was after  watching phenomenon with john Travota That would have been about 1997 Then i had more advanced scans because i was getting bad headaches in the early 2000s Turned out it was some damage to my neck,where a student accidentally hit me as i stopped two of them from beating each other up by stepping between them,   causing pressure on nerves .

It took a few years, but eventually the headaches disappeared.  I had to keep my neck warm for a long while, as the cold caused severe headaches.

Okay great  and understood thanks.

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Because of Australia's  health system i get a full medical check up every 2 years. I also have all the extra tests for cancers etc which are provided  for free  To me its better to prevent problems than have to deal with them after they become serious.

I guess we are different in that aspect I was raised on the suck it up system so seldom go/went to doctors unless I need something stitched back up or on or need a cast although we had many free services like vasectomies but never saw a practical need for one same goes with mental health.

jmccr8

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
7 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Sorry i don't follow your points. I think  that is because you are making assumptions and starting from  those assumptions 

eg what "guess" are you speaking of 

There was no guess.

Just 4 words, all of which helped locate the chin but also refered to the locationof the cross eve thoughthe y wwere in difenrt buildings mies aprt. 

I dont know how your mind works.

I only hear words and dont see in images 

i cant think of any other way to explain it than this. When i closed my mind and focused on finding the  chain i "got" four words directly into my mind  Same  as the saying I get it " 

sometimes i wonder why i bother explaining  things to you. Your mind is so closed you neither take any of it in, nor accept any of it as told 

Or are you seriously telling me you don't often just "get" knowldge understanding answers etc pop into your mind 

 I guess there are people like that, but most of us often suddenly "get " an answer understanding  or knowledge come into our head  Indeed its a phrase often used ineduction 

"eg Sammy suddenly got it today.  It just clicked for him/her "

Um no I am not that devious Only someone like yourself would think of such a stratagem   

and i think maybe the whale thing didn't blow up until AFTER I posted the post about finding the chain.  Coukdnt swear to that and i dont care. . 

You might be interested that yesterday another local  librarian asked me if I could find a school key she had lost 

I told her it was in an envelope  in  a drawer with some note paper  with pictures of roses on it, and possibly scented. 

She hasnt had time to look yet but she said that makes sense.

She put the key away somewhere before going on a trip to Adelaide because she didnt want to lose it while travelling,  and when she returned couldn't remember where she put it.

However the envelope rang a bell with her. She the told me that the key was by itself, not on a ring,and it was quite likely she had put it in a n envelope in a drawer. She intends to look when she has time but it is not too urgent as the school provided her with another key, when she finally  owned up to misplacing the original  I knew this would happen. Next i will have half  a dozen more people asking for help   

You offered that if pushed you would prove this claim.

That they posted the story on FB and you were gonna ask permission to share.
 

All you have to do is take a pic of the Facebook thread and then black out names. A library is a public site anyway, I can appreciate you want to remain anonymous and I support this, but there are ways to do this that protect your privacy. 
 

Or make claims that you preface are only your opinion. credibility matters online and in cases of supernatural claims. 

 

“Confidence isn’t about thinking you are better than others, and posting outlandish claims and bragging about yourself incessantly, confidence is realizing that there is no reason to think you have to compare yourself or brag at all.” (Buddha quotes)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
9 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I judge you by the evidence you have provided.  Of course you do this for excitement, that you created this post speaks for itself.

Why is there a difference in those percentages, are you finding things that are out of reach and unrecoverable?

I don't believe you that you locate lost objects around 95% of the time, you've proven you are biased in your data gathering.  I don't know why it is so difficult for you to not recognize when you are just providing more claims with no evidence.

Yet despite that you admit that all of your locating powers might be coincidence, you nonetheless estimate that there is a higher percentage for mind reading than you just finding these things by coincidence.  So now you admit that you can't actually calculate the probability for such a thing.  Thus, you don't have much basis for thinking that this is actually psychic mind reading.

As your bias and lack of memory simply prevent you from being able to judge your experiences accurately, or even get the facts straight sometimes (a la your whale story, having had a vertical leap equal to the top athletes, etc).

NO again you judge by your own concepts I post to educate inform and explain  To me this is serious stuff which people need to know about even if the y dont believe it.  I might get  excited by such an event.

I dont POST to or from excitement. 

I cant help what you believe, but it explains your reactions to my posts.

I havent  proven any such thing That is your assumption However I am not giving mathematical certifies only approximations Ps not sure of your background but i am qualified to use statistics, having passed the compulsory courses on it a t university as a part of studies in humanities. 

Yep there is a possibility tha t all those events might be coincidence. HOWEVER given the nature and success rate of these events,  that probability (f t could be assessed realistically) would be lower than the probability of mind reading. You see it might just be possible to do this once and get it right but with each individaul success the probaility of coincidence decreases and the probability of some mechanistic cause (such as mind reading) increases.

Mind reading is not impossible (whatever you might believe ) and thus must be included along with coincidence when trying to  work out how such things happen 

you discount mind reading as a possible cause, leaving something like coincidence as the only possible answer, in your mind  

I appreciate i answered this before, but it was in a hurry, and this explains my pov a little more. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

You offered that if pushed you would prove this claim.

That they posted the story on FB and you were gonna ask permission to share.
 

All you have to do is take a pic of the Facebook thread and then black out names. A library is a public site anyway, I can appreciate you want to remain anonymous and I support this, but there are ways to do this that protect your privacy. 
 

Or make claims that you preface are only your opinion. credibility matters online and in cases of supernatural claims. 

 

“Confidence isn’t about thinking you are better than others, and posting outlandish claims and bragging about yourself incessantly, confidence is realizing that there is no reason to think you have to compare yourself or brag at all.” (Buddha quotes)

No 

I am truly convinced you cannot read a single word of mine accurately  because of either bias or some other problem 

Yes This claim COULD be evidenced and tha t was my point .

I never said it was on FB. I explained that the library site was on face book  (and you can see the woman in a photo taken on the day this occurred ) The site is public. If  this event was posted then anyone could read it 

I feel no need to actually prove it, Indeed such proofs would be falsifiable to a skeptic ( I might just have got the librarian to  make up the story) 

However if i got annoyed enough a t people calling me a liar i know i could ASK for verification from  witnesses   I think at least some would be happy to confirm the event online   Thats all i need to be happy.  

If you  can't tell the difference between a factual claim like this, and one giving my opinion on something, then I see no need to preface every post to explain it to you  This was a verifiable claim of fact as to what happened.  I don't really know how i do it, but i've given one of my opinions on how it happens, based on the nature of how it plays out,  and when it is possible/not possible for me to do it 

  Everyone can  legitimately have a different opinion on how it was possible, but if they think it did not happen, the y are factually incorrect.  

sorry but credibility (ie YOUR ability to find a claim credible) not only doesn't matter to me its irrelevant.

Your credibility is the subject of biases based on your life experiences and also on your psychological needs.  

To me, only telling the truth is important, not whether others believe that truth .

i can control the former but not the latter  ie i can make sure i tell the truth as best i can understand it, but i can do nothing about how another perceives or accepts that truth 

And i doubt buddha actually said what you have quoted him as saying, although he might have said something similar which  you have interpreted for yourself.

  you have a habit of misquoting, maybe because you have trouble actually understanding  the quote or maybe because you choose to reinterpret, and  re word it, to suit your needs 

Confidence comes from within,  not  from ones interactions with others.

I dont come here to gain confidence, boost my ego, or seek validation. I dont need those things from without, as i build and maintain them from  within

Trite as it may sound,  I come here to educate and inform, and hopefully, at times, to entertain 

 

Edited by Mr Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
15 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

No 

I am truly convinced you cannot read a single word of mine accurately  because of either bias or some other problem 

Yes This claim COULD be evidenced and tha t was my point .

I never said it was on FB. I explained that the library site was on face book  (and you can see the woman in a photo taken on the day this occurred ) The site is public. If  this event was posted then anyone could read it 

I feel no need to actually prove it, Indeed such proofs would be falsifiable to a skeptic ( I might just have got the librarian to  make up the story) 

However if i got annoyed enough a t people calling me a liar i know i could ASK for verification from  witnesses   I think at least some would be happy to confirm the event online   Thats all i need to be happy.  

If you  can't tell the difference between a factual claim like this, and one giving my opinion on something, then I see no need to preface every post to explain it to you  This was a verifiable claim of fact as to what happened.  I don't really know how i do it, but i've given one of my opinions on how it happens, based on the nature of how it plays out,  and when it is possible/not possible for me to do it 

  Everyone can  legitimately have a different opinion on how it was possible, but if they think it did not happen, the y are factually incorrect.  

sorry but credibility (ie YOUR ability to find a claim credible) not only doesn't matter to me its irrelevant.

Your credibility is the subject of biases based on your life experiences and also on your psychological needs.  

To me, only telling the truth is important, not whether others believe that truth .

i can control the former but not the latter  ie i can make sure i tell the truth as best i can understand it, but i can do nothing about how another perceives or accepts that truth 

And i doubt buddha actually said what you have quoted him as saying, although he might have said something similar which  you have interpreted for yourself.

  you have a habit of misquoting, maybe because you have trouble actually understanding  the quote or maybe because you choose to reinterpret, and  re word it, to suit your needs 

Confidence comes from within,  not  from ones interactions with others.

I dont come here to gain confidence, boost my ego, or seek validation. I dont need those things from without, as i build and maintain them from  within

Trite as it may sound,  I come here to educate and inform, and hopefully, at times, to entertain 

 

This isn’t about me, my credibility isn’t the issue yours is you made a claim that said you could support you are telling the truth. 

I think you need to make good on it.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
4 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

Thanks for clearing that up so then in both instances you had concerns about your health before getting tested and were fortunate to have been given a clean bill of health.

What was it exactly that you were concerned with in the first incident as I am not certain that I understand completely if you felt that you were hale and hardy at the time? I don't wish to make you uncomfortable but could you clarify what specific concerns you had prior to getting tested and did you get a complete physical with full blood work before considering mental health testing?

Okay great  and understood thanks.

I guess we are different in that aspect I was raised on the suck it up system so seldom go/went to doctors unless I need something stitched back up or on or need a cast although we had many free services like vasectomies but never saw a practical need for one same goes with mental health.

jmccr8

lol well one is visited by a huge column of light, which speaks to you ,and removes a long standing nicotine addiction in an instant, a sensible person's first move would be to have a full check up  :)

I have learned over my life, especially as an educator and counsellor, that ( and not meaning to disrespect your choices) most males have a similar attitude to your own, and for many it kills them either quickly or slowly  This applies in areas of both physical and mental health, with males far more likely to commit suicide .  

Given that it is basically free at the time of consult or admittance,, it seemed silly to me not  to avail myself of our medical system, especially when as a tax payer, i contributed a levy towards its maintenance (about 2% of my taxable income, which meant i was paying 1000 dollars and upwards each year to support medicare, )  taken out of my salary as a compulsory levy on most  taxpayers.

  I look at it like regular car servicing, to detect and prevent any problems before the y become serious, and medicare as an insurance policy for big bills

If i waited for detectable problems it would have been decades between doctors visits as I had very few health concerns  before i was in my fifties. Indeed I went  over 30 years between my first and second admittance to hospital   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
8 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

This isn’t about me, my credibility isn’t the issue yours is you made a claim that said you could support you are telling the truth. 

I think you need to make good on it.  

 

 

Sorry but i don't find you credible and that is my point.

Credibility is constructed in the receiver not  given by the giver of information. I wonder of your misunderstanding of this contributed to your need to home school your kids.Ie maybe subconsciously you didnt find  schools to be credible providers of information and values 

  Second your needs are irrelevant.

i am only responsible for meeting my own need to tell the truth.

  An abilty to verify is all i require, not actually doing so.

What you need cannot be met, except in your own mind. 

If this is publicly commented on, i will provide a link to it.  

I doubt that will convince, or be credible to, you either, however.

Your need to disbelieve is too powerful for you to accept the truth

The fact that I can support my claim with witnesses is what is important, not actually doing so. 

Edited by Mr Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
8 hours ago, third_eye said:

Nope, another logic whisper whooshed over your malignant subsumed head... 

~

a "malignant subsumed head" ? Wow, I guarantee in the history of English expression, those three words never found themselves conjoined ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
15 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Sorry but i don't find you credible and that is my point.

Credibility is constructed in the receiver not  given by the giver of information. I wonder of your misunderstanding of this contributed to your need to home school your kids.Ie maybe subconsciously you didnt find  schools to be credible providers of information and values 

  Second your needs are irrelevant.

i am only responsible for meeting my own need to tell the truth.

  An abilty to verify is all i require, not actually doing so.

What you need cannot be met, except in your own mind. 

If this is publicly commented on, i will provide a link to it.  

I doubt that will convince, or be credible to, you either, however.

Your need to disbelieve is too powerful for you to accept the truth

The fact that I can support my claim with witnesses is what is important, not actually doing so. 

This is your thread about your claim that you stated you could support if asked.

I am asking.

Please make good. Thanks. 
 

Why post you can provide proof if you have no intention to?

 

Edited by Sherapy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
9 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Did someone see the usb on the ocean floor, did you scuba or snorkel and spot it?  How did you know the gold nugget was in a rucksack?

So like Santa then.

You're just equivocating on 'it'.  "It" is not true, because you've provided two different contradictory stories.  Furthermore I see no indication that were it not for the participation of ChrLzs and your own documented forgetfulness on this topic that you wouldn't be insisting on how humans can remember things perfectly and we couldn't survive if we misremembered or misinterpreted things, etc.  So in one of the rare cases where you tell a tale that doesn't depend 100% on your memory to be challenged or "supported", we quickly find a problem with it indicating that what you remember doesn't match what occurred, nor does it match what you've said previously. That's evidence, and is the explanation why disbelieving your stories is not out of bias.

I guess to you it might be important that the two stories differed because you only have the stories to go by. 

To me it is not The it here is the event

A whale was caught in a tuna holding pen in the bay. It was released  without loss of tuna ( probably because there were no tuna in the net a t he time) I know this and so the details dont affect the actuality of the event for me, only my recall of it  

lol Ive never maintained  human memory is perfect nor tha t i remember things perfectly 

I have explained that expert opinion is that everything  we store in our mind is  potentially recoverable.

I have explained that i developed an eidetic memory at university  but that  i no longer had tha t skill as it requires considerable ongoing practice to maintain      I have said that our memories and other cognitive skills can be greatly  enhanced (almost to unbelievable degrees) by time training and discipline.

I have said tha t humans are evolved to see and perceive their environment both extremely rapidly and with great accuracy  

If oyu choose to disbelieve the basis of a story told twice, with a decade between the tellings  just because the two stories have a difference, that is your prerogative However i would maintain you do so because of bias.

Another person might simply accept that the two different endings were  an error in an otherwise true story.   As i said, if I had been lying i would have made sure i went back and got the story perfect  "Charles"might still have disagreed that it ever happened ,but it would have made my narrative more acceptable  to some.

  It doesn't matter really. I know what's true None of you have the ability to know what is true over this time and distance  from the event   and so i wont lose any sleep over it.

Ps as to your first two questions When i said where the usb was, the teacher remembered that while casting his rod  an object had flown out and over the side. He also recalled tha the usb had been in his shirt pocket Then it clicked that what he saw was the usb flying out of his pocket and into the sea.  Of course i knew nothing of this or even that he had been fishing i just knew where the usb was 

Second was a bit the same When i described the location of the nugget the young woman  explained that she had thoguth it might have been in ithis rucksack, (and i had no idea she owned such a bag or had left it in darwin  ) She then concluded tha t, indeed it had been in the bag but her ex flat mates had lied to her after she rang them and asked them to check the rucksack. It is likely the y took the nugget, worth a considerable sum, and said it wasn't there. 

   

Edited by Mr Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

This is your thread about your claim that you stated you could support if asked.

I am asking.

Please make good. Thanks. 
 

Why post you can provide proof if you have no intention to?

 

I said  "if pushed"

your needs do not constitute being pushed. :) 

  it is not surprising you don't get this, given your attitude to what is real  but it is the ABILITY to prove truth, not actually doing so, which is important to a claim 

I dont need to prove it, as i know its true and that i could prove it. You either have a deep need for evidences OR are just arguing for the fun of it   

The point was that i was totally comfortable starting this thread because i  knew that  I COULD prove it,  Knowing tha t gave me surety and comfort.  I dont have to actually do it, to be comfortable 

Its like knowing you CAN do anything You don't actually have to do it to prove it to yourself and proving it to others is unnecessary to you and only necessary to them.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liquid Gardens
1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

HOWEVER given the nature and success rate of these events,  that probability (f t could be assessed realistically) would be lower than the probability of mind reading.

I don't know why you would bother to type this.  Since you added 'if it could be assessed realistically' that means that your assessment must not be realistic, and likewise your opinion on these competing probabilities couldn't have been determined realistically.  This statement is not a good sign that you are thinking unemotionally and rationally about this topic.

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Mind reading is not impossible (whatever you might believe ) and thus must be included along with coincidence when trying to  work out how such things happen 

First off you can drop the 'whatever you might believe' garbage.  You can't comprehend very simple ideas and concepts that I actually believe even when I flat out tell them to you repeatedly, so you should stop embarrassing yourself further with your idiotic assumptions you keep accusing me of holding.

To your point, where's the rest of your list?  Here are some other things that are not impossible and must also be included when trying to work out how such things happen:  aliens, gremlins, time travelers, crystals, ghosts, the power of the tarot, demons, God, "quantum!!", Santa, auras, the Matrix, "this is all a dream"...  When you've completed that infinite list of other possible alternatives then we can at last get to working to figure out how such things happen; I know how concerned and totally non-hypocritical you are about eliminating possible bias....

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
16 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I said  "if pushed"

your needs do not constitute being pushed. :) 

  it is not surprising you don't get this, given your attitude to what is real  but it is the ABILITY to prove truth, not actually doing so, which is important to a claim 

I dont need to prove it, as i know its true and that i could prove it. You either have a deep need for evidences OR are just arguing for the fun of it   

The point was that i was totally comfortable starting this thread because i  knew that  I COULD prove it,  Knowing tha t gave me surety and comfort.  I dont have to actually do it, to be comfortable 

Its like knowing you CAN do anything You don't actually have to do it to prove it to yourself and proving it to others is unnecessary to you and only necessary to them.

 

 

MW, you started a thread offering to provide the proof if “pushed” it so, consider this a push.

You started the thread hun. 

Its called “ye of little faith,” you state you have proof of this claim that you have a reputation for being psychic and that FB has a thread stating so. And you can prove it.

Please provide it. This was the point of your thread, now that you a been asked you are moving goal posts. There is no thread, correct?
 

Look it’s okay just admit it, I have done this too, we all have it’s called being human.

 




 

 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liquid Gardens
19 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

If oyu choose to disbelieve the basis of a story told twice, with a decade between the tellings  just because the two stories have a difference, that is your prerogative However i would maintain you do so because of bias.

I am indeed biased against the introduction of errors and things that are false, and you stated something that was plainly false.  Why you'd then go on about eidetic memory you think you used to have in response to misremembering something is of course weird and almost self-refuting.  After being shown this error, your response is to argue that everything else about the story is true still, instead of even entertaining the idea that maybe other parts of the story you remember are also not actually true.  But yes, please do go on about 'bias'.

28 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

None of you have the ability to know what is true over this time and distance  from the event

Gee, ya really got us there.... if only there was someone from Australia who was an expert and worked extensively in the fish farming industry who would know whether this was true or not and was also a member and contributor on these boards.  Ah well, another defeat at the hands of Walker I guess... 

Totally off topic, but dontcha just love Snoopy?

ChrLzs

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
1 hour ago, Habitat said:

a "malignant subsumed head" ? Wow, I guarantee in the history of English expression, those three words never found themselves conjoined ! 

Perhaps, but it does make you feel extra special, no? 

~

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Perhaps, but it does make you feel extra special, no? 

~

No. But I suspect you think using a word jumble is clever. I've told you before, use the translator, that way you might gain some credibility. At the moment you are the Jumble Words Stalker.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
1 minute ago, Habitat said:

No. But I suspect you think using a word jumble is clever.

As and when it applies to you, I have none the need to suspect, think or delve into retrospect, I know... 

~

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

I've told you before, use the translator, that way you might gain some credibility. At the moment you are the Jumble Words Stalker.

The manner with which your brain scrambled when faced with a few words that are a trifle demanding on your intransigence logic is none of anyone's concern, least of all, a translator, which in the greater scheme of things, could not, would not, help you any. 

Carry on... 

~

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
10 minutes ago, third_eye said:

As and when it applies to you, I have none the need to suspect, think or delve into retrospect, I know... 

~

The manner with which your brain scrambled when faced with a few words that are a trifle demanding on your intransigence logic is none of anyone's concern, least of all, a translator, which in the greater scheme of things, could not, would not, help you any. 

Carry on... 

~

As I say, your English is rubbish, I am by no means saying that your garbled messages would amount to anything other than the bile they appear to consist of, but failing any attempt to use a translator on your part, you are inconsiderate of others who might want to give you the benefit of whatever doubt there is. Till then, you remain, the Jumble Word Stalker !

Edited by Habitat
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
2 hours ago, Habitat said:

a "malignant subsumed head" ? Wow, I guarantee in the history of English expression, those three words never found themselves conjoined ! 

Habiies, stop picking on 3rd eye for ESL.

I will report you if it continues, This forum welcomes all people from all over the world perfect English isn’t a pre exquisite. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
Just now, Habitat said:

As I say, your English is rubbish, I am by no means saying that your garbled messages would amount to anything other than the bile they appear to consist of, but failing any attempt to use a translator on your part, you are inconsiderate of others who might want to give you the benefit of the whatever doubt there is.

It appears that you are the only one here that is in desperate need of the translator, the only English rubbish here there is thus far is the suspected lineage of your ancestry. 

~

Just now, Habitat said:

Till then, you remain, the Jumble Word Stalker !

A total failure of an attempt to imbue some shade of cleverness on yourself, try harder, till then, carry on... 

~

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
1 hour ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I don't know why you would bother to type this.  Since you added 'if it could be assessed realistically' that means that your assessment must not be realistic, and likewise your opinion on these competing probabilities couldn't have been determined realistically.  This statement is not a good sign that you are thinking unemotionally and rationally about this topic.

First off you can drop the 'whatever you might believe' garbage.  You can't comprehend very simple ideas and concepts that I actually believe even when I flat out tell them to you repeatedly, so you should stop embarrassing yourself further with your idiotic assumptions you keep accusing me of holding.

To your point, where's the rest of your list?  Here are some other things that are not impossible and must also be included when trying to work out how such things happen:  aliens, gremlins, time travelers, crystals, ghosts, the power of the tarot, demons, God, "quantum!!", Santa, auras, the Matrix, "this is all a dream"...  When you've completed that infinite list of other possible alternatives then we can at last get to working to figure out how such things happen; I know how concerned and totally non-hypocritical you are about eliminating possible bias....

 

The statement is not contradictory,

Basic principles of statistics can be demonstrated even where specific probabilities  cannot be  assessed.

Thus  the likelihood of a consistent  success rate being coincidence,  given the nature of the cases, is not statistically measurable, but known to be basically highly improbable. Indeed so highly  improbable as to be almost impossible.   You clearly don't really understand the uses and limitations of statistics.

You have explained your disbelief in such things. Given that  disbelief you will have discounted mind reading as a possibility, and thus not one of the probabilities (correct me if I have got that wrong) 

yep,  some of those other things are possible. However the y don't fit the nature of the experiences, and there is no evidence for them in my examples.  The simplest most likely answer is mind reading (unless you do not accept that this is possible)  Of course i do not know and it might be something else.

However it is NOT knowing enough about the person or their circumstances to make an educated guess.  i t just doesn't work like that  eg tha t would require time and logical analysis. You assume i donot think about and analyse and reflect on each of these cases carefully. I do. I find them interesting and fascinating.

Some things can be discounted with a little logic and analysis. Others take more time and thought to analyse.  Eventually you can find one or two "best fits"  which explain what happened 

The answer just comes to me immediately i am asked, or it does not come at  all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
1 minute ago, third_eye said:

It appears that you are the only one here that is in desperate need of the translator, the only English rubbish here there is thus far is the suspected lineage of your ancestry. 

~

A total failure of an attempt to imbue some shade of cleverness on yourself, try harder, till then, carry on... 

~

I don’t think basic respect is extended to you. 
 

If he can’t understand you I say keep scrolling. 
 

Telling falsehoods can be fixed, providing evidence for claims can be easily accomplished, but demanding that a person only speak if their English  is perfect is spreading intolerance for diversity. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
15 minutes ago, third_eye said:

It appears that you are the only one here that is in desperate need of the translator, the only English rubbish here there is thus far is the suspected lineage of your ancestry. 

~You horrible little racist man !  And to think sherapy endorsed that. I think I know where the rubbish is here.

A total failure of an attempt to imbue some shade of cleverness on yourself, try harder, till then, carry on... 

~ Not as "incoherently absurd" as some of your efforts, off you go, and use that translator, that's what is there for !

 

Edited by Habitat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

 

7 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Habiies, stop picking on 3rd eye for ESL.

I will report you if it continues, This forum welcomes all people from all over the world perfect English isn’t a pre exquisite. 

Go ahead !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
1 hour ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I am indeed biased against the introduction of errors and things that are false, and you stated something that was plainly false.  Why you'd then go on about eidetic memory you think you used to have in response to misremembering something is of course weird and almost self-refuting.  After being shown this error, your response is to argue that everything else about the story is true still, instead of even entertaining the idea that maybe other parts of the story you remember are also not actually true.  But yes, please do go on about 'bias'.

Gee, ya really got us there.... if only there was someone from Australia who was an expert and worked extensively in the fish farming industry who would know whether this was true or not and was also a member and contributor on these boards.  Ah well, another defeat at the hands of Walker I guess... 

Totally off topic, but dontcha just love Snoopy?

ChrLzs

And you have proof or evidence That he is who he says or has any knowledge or  experience with  that of which he speaks?

Normally i wouldn't question another posters veracity, but he made a couple of simple errors describing both his position and  the name of the centre where he worked Tha t could be legitimate  However to claim this event didn't happen, when it did, makes me suspicious of his intent and even his claims 

I like snoopy and he was once one of my favourites but for the last few decades ive been more into Calvin and Hobbes, which reflects my own attitude to life 

eidetic memory does not mean you can accurately remember things over a long period of time it means you have  " photographic" short term memory   Sorry f it sounds contradictory but that is how it is.  i no longer have eidetic  memory, as it is a learned skill requiring continual practice and application However it wouldn't have helped in this instance anyway 

Ps again, . my wife and others in the community recall (without prompting or explanation)  seeing this event on the news.  Otherwise, indeed, given the lack of online evidences, i might begin to doubt it  happened, myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.