Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pre-Crime Program to detect US Mass Shooters

Gwynbleidd

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

i agree, but we do not need anymore new laws, acts , or create entire departments to do that.  

They need to show a department to prove action is being taken and to have someone to fire if things go wrong. Anymore, it is a game.

The issue is mental health, and as they destroy the culture here, and the economy, we will see more people snapping or falling through the cracks. JMO.

Programs like this one sound real good up front, for the purpose claimed, but, it morphs once installed and can be abused. I mistrust the ability for the gov to vanish people into mental care without due process for not doing anything yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Yeah, I was pondering this too. About all the recent ones caught and arrested before they acted were juveniles and family or friends had reported them from comments made or knowing they had weapons. Maybe social media screening might point to a few, but, this is going to be tough. Might be more useful to educate people on warning signs and encourage reporting. That is what stopped the last three or so "almosts"  people looking out for each other.

But also add a high penalty for deliberate false reporting. Don't want it used to get back at an ex or person at work in your way to advancement or something.  Reporting....good, abusing reporting....bad.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

They need to show a department to prove action is being taken and to have someone to fire if things go wrong. Anymore, it is a game.

The issue is mental health, and as they destroy the culture here, and the economy, we will see more people snapping or falling through the cracks. JMO.

Programs like this one sound real good up front, for the purpose claimed, but, it morphs once installed and can be abused. I mistrust the ability for the gov to vanish people into mental care without due process for not doing anything yet.

This program doesn't really sound that up front, in fact it seems to be pretty extreme. I think using parts or the full Patriot Act on US soil is a major problem, it wasn't designed for that purpose. It was designed to track and catch International Terrorist around the world. To start monitoring electronic devices (cell phones and computers) I think is a step to far. To access peoples mental health records without consent, also wrong. 

I hope they clean this program up before it starts, because as it is, it's going create some serious drama.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, skliss said:

But also add a high penalty for deliberate false reporting. Don't want it used to get back at an ex or person at work in your way to advancement or something.  Reporting....good, abusing reporting....bad.

Exactly.  This doesn't sound like it has any fail-safe measures for people who will no doubt go ahead and abuse the system. That's a given. Imagine the influx of people reporting random Joe Blow from down the road simply because he looks like a mass shooter to them with the Govt agencies spying on you, on top of that.  :rolleyes:  Crazy example I know, but a possibility nonetheless.   

It will be implemented without a majority of the unsuspecting public knowing about it.  That's a tad unfair imo. :( 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Exactly.  This doesn't sound like it has any fail-safe measures for people who will no doubt go ahead and abuse the system. That's a given. Imagine the influx of people reporting random Joe Blow from down the road simply because he looks like a mass shooter to them with the Govt agencies spying on you, on top of that.  :rolleyes:  Crazy example I know, but a possibility nonetheless.   

It will be implemented without a majority of the unsuspecting public knowing about it.  That's a tad unfair imo. :( 

When it comes to the public, i think word will spread pretty fast. But there are those who don't pay attention to the news, I think they get what deserve.

• Like 1

I think they already started doing some of these things 3 months ago or they were testing certain methods that either didn't work versus methods that worked. In any case, I saw a similarity in the way they were apprehending potential mass shooters like they did with terrorists in the past; catch them in the act of about to commit a crime and then arrest them before they actually do it.

• Thanks 1

How do you charge a person when they haven't done anything. We would all be in jail if everything we thought was a possible crime. What about dreams. Not court would convict on a thought. It's pointless and innocent till proven guilty. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, STAR LORD said:

How do you charge a person when they haven't done anything. We would all be in jail if everything we thought was a possible crime. What about dreams. Not court would convict on a thought. It's pointless and innocent till proven guilty. 

patriot act

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, aztek said:

patriot act

I guess that does lead to a problem. That act supercides even the constitution. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, STAR LORD said:

They can always roll it under the "conspiracy to commit" laws. If acts are taken towards that indicate the set up of such an event. Like purchasing large amounts of ammunition and weapons and whatever else they deem relevant. 

Given that the plague of violence in the United States extends to law-enforcement itself, upon the innocent populace, I see no reason to believe that a spiritual issue like this, could ever be resolved with law enforcement alone.

I’m convinced that most of these shooters are being activated by a mechanism that is far beyond the reach of law-enforcement.

I’ve met and spoken to a considerable number of preppers over the years, and I believe that none of the people I spoke to would ever become mass shooters, despite their desire to accumulate weapons. I also can’t imagine a mental health check that would determine this, definitively. They were all paranoid, to a great degree.

Without repentance, the door swings open wider, and the destruction from all sides will gallop forth like Secretariat, setting new records.

Nothing else can stop the systemic spiritual activation of these lost souls. The United States has become a black hole, open to a flaming pit.

Let the DOJ send out a memo that reads “Repent” to all law enforcement officials, and then help will arrive from the only source that matters. Otherwise, the story is one of possession like Judas, which no man could have stopped.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

I would guess that at least 75% of these mass killers, who are coming straight out of the shadows, are actually killing their parents, or a loved one, and not the actual targets.

The second element, would be a lack of fear of what happens in the afterlife.

A third element would be an artificial over abundance of certain Neurotransmitters, precipitated by psychiatric medications. For example, I would not dismiss the reports of out of character violent fantasies, reported by some persons taking certain SSRIs.

I know a man who never fantasized in his entire life about committing murder, until he was given the drug Prozac. He was so terrified by this, that he immediately stopped taking the drug. The Serious question must be asked, how is that possible? How many patients are not reporting this curious side effect?

Several of these mass shooters, have reported taking psychiatric medications, before their fantasies come true. I would argue that we could be dealing with a very unique type of mania, which is largely misunderstood and certainly under reported, likely by the patients themselves. Perhaps certain tests could be created to help uncover this unique type of mania.

I don’t think surveillance would work very well, but medical honesty, might provide some secular answers, in addition to the spiritually depraved.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1