Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Devil man in a suit

UM-Bot

By: Christina | Location: Ohio

When I was around 12 years old my cousin and I were playing outside of her house. It was a summer day and her mom n dad were having a cookout, so there were a few people there. Everyone was outside in the backyard at the time and we ran into the house to grab some toys to take out. While running through the living room we both looked over and on her couch was a man in a suit with a top hat...

More: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112302/devil-man-in-a-suit

• Like 1

The proverbial handsome devil... 

~

Hat Man is solid black, not "white, pale white skin", as you describe your sighting. Do not confuse different things entirely because they wear hats. They are not the same, the lore is different.

If you do more research, you will find many, many appearance types which happen to wear hats and they are not all the same. In Vodou, there are an easy half dozen off the top of my head. I have read tales of angels manifesting with a hat. Abe Lincoln always has one. I am sure there are plenty more as I am not all knowing by any means. 

You were young and saw something. At that age, we often think of everything as being good or bad and if it is bad it is the devil. If it scares, it feels "evil". 

Point being, there is no way to know what you saw, unless you are claiming you are certain it was the devil and no one else. If so, then this becomes subjective and there you are. If you believe that, then there is little to discuss.

JMO.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It is always much more interesting to me when multiple people see something like that. There does seem to be denizens of the lower astral world that are not far from our normal reality. Hat Man? Devil Man? Who knows? Another feature seems to be their ability to cause fear and panic beyond what seems normal and reasonable, A regular man in a hat and suit shouldn't create that level of emotional response one wouldn't think.

Papameter  65% Paranormal  35% Normal or Hoax

Edited by papageorge1

Did he have his hat on at a jaunty or was is straight.....it doesn't make any difference to what you saw I was just wondering 

• Haha 2

How old was you when you watched Poltergeist 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The picture in the article reminds me of Slender Man.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 1:47 AM, Not A Rockstar said:

Hat Man is solid black, not "white, pale white skin", as you describe your sighting

I've seen what people call Hatman on two occasions,trenchcoat,fedora hat.The figure had a darkness but was not black and you could make out the face,like a hard old time gangster.I saw this very close up.

27 minutes ago, openozy said:

I've seen what people call Hatman on two occasions,trenchcoat,fedora hat.The figure had a darkness but was not black and you could make out the face,like a hard old time gangster.I saw this very close up.

So you are saying I am mistaken and this was the Hat Man for sure?

There are many apparitions which show as being a male, with a black or dark suit and a hat. Not all of them are Hat Man, but some people assume they are because it wears a hat. My point was to do more research, before the writer decides what it was and who it was that was seen. In Vodou, alone, there are nearly a dozen Barons who often do wear hats. They wear black and can present as Black, white or French, for one example. The trench coat infers something else, but, anyway...

Regarding the Hat Man, yes, up close, features can be made out of course, but from a distance the over all impression of him is very dark, shadow integrally, as if he is made of it, versus being a black man, not a sort of pale white skinned (vampire-like?) fellow IME, the times I have seen or interacted with him. I can only speak from my experience.

Yours may differ. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Regarding the Hat Man, yes, up close, features can be made out of course, but from a distance the over all impression of him is very dark, shadow integrally

That sounds more like it,not

On 10/27/2019 at 1:47 AM, Not A Rockstar said:

Hat Man is solid black

I am not going to debate with you, Ozy. I don't care to split hairs about it. 

"very dark, shadow integrally" different from "solid black", indeed. I have never seen a light or white or pale white shadow.

Apparently, you have, so tell the OP all about it. 

Good night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

very dark, shadow integrally" different from "solid black", indeed. I have never seen a light or white or pale white shadow.

Apparently, you have, so tell the OP all about it.

Where did I say I saw a white,pale shadow?How about you tell the OP about ink man lol.

• 2 months later...

How on earth do people jump to such inane conclusions? If a pale man wearing a suit and top hat was sitting on my sofa, I'd call the police, not a priest. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

You have witnessed a Men in Black. You or your cousin may be abductees or witnesses. The plastic skin I knew. They usually wear a black fedora type hat. They give off such a powerful creepy vibe that make you shake so bad you cannot walk. I seen him in Lakewood New Jersey around '95 or '96.

• Haha 2

On 10/26/2019 at 11:28 PM, UM-Bot said:

It wasn't the Devil, it was a Demon looking to make a deal Charley Daniels meet him and he even wrote a song about him. The song is the Devil Went Down to Georgia.

• Thanks 1