Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Is there another you in a parallel universe ?

33 posts in this topic

lightly
On October 26, 2019 at 12:30 PM, godnodog said:

Hope  my other self is happier than I.  I sometimes think about  this on how on another reality my other  self got to be with the girl I love. 

But...your not the only one.  So don't be too sad.  

Tom1200
2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I have an identical twin, so there's another me in THIS universe...

Are you 100% identical?  Same genes? same fingerprints? same thoughts? same ambitions to rule the world and humiliate the same Maths teacher from third grade? in the same way?  Gawd, I hated that maths teacher...

Anyway - even if you're not 100.000 000 000% the same, this theory declares that there's an infinite copies of EXACTLY YOU, all overlapping the same dimensions we occupy, all ever-so-slightly-different because they're at least one quantum event separate somewhere in spacetime.  And an infinite copies of ME.  And an infinite universes where Hitler is still hanging on, aged 130.  And an infinite universes where Jesus died of septicaemia after his circumcision.  And an infinite universes where primordial slime remains the dominant species that has enslaved every galaxy for ten billion years.  And... and... and...  If you can make it up, there's an infinite number of universes where it's happening RIGHT NOW.  

Or: perhaps this is a silly theory that deserves a better explanation?

Edited by Tom1200

'Walt' E. Kurtz

I hope the other me is dating women faster than I change my underwear :-D 

llegendary

For there to be a "me" in another alternate universe, EVERYTHING up until my conception would have to take place exactly as it happened in my universe.  That very sperm has to meet that specific egg at the exact moment for me to be conceived. 

If there is an opposite action for every decision, then there would be infinite parallels.  Most of them wouldn't have me in them, but also, another infinite amount would have a version of me in them.  Yes, there are an unlimited amount of sets of infinity and each decision would have it's own set of infinity.  It's definitely not comprehensible.

• Like 1

EBE Hybrid

I think that quantum physics is not yet understood. The theories behind the subject by (among others) Max Planck and Albert Einstein in the early 20th century. This was a time when the notion of "dark" matter, dark energy, dark field etc had not been discovered.

If you consider the wave/partial duality experiment that shows wave interference patterns forming when a single electron is fired at a barrier with double slits, is it not feasible that the interference patterns are a result of a subatomic particle reaching a higher energy level. This particle interacts with "dark" matter (which presumably is everywhere) essentially behaving like a stone hitting water and creating a wave, in this case the wave is peaks and troughs in the energy level of the dark matter, radiating out from the energized subatomic particle, hence the appearance of the particle behaving as a wave. 

This may also explain why a subatomic particle can both exist and not exist depending on whether or not it is being observed, of course it exists (as Einstein himself said "just because I cannot see the moon, it doesn't mean that the moon does not exist at that moment"), but from the observers perspective that particle in question can only be observed when the energy wave traveling through dark matter is at it's peak or trough, it's farthest level from zero.

Quantum entanglement could possibly be a result of a single wave being generated and directed in two directions, the wave interacting with dark matter, originating from a single point but manipulating the effect of the wave at one point in it's travel affects the nature of the whole wave (imagine striking a steel pipe with a spanner and the tone that is generated, if you were to then gently touch one end of the pipe with your spanner the sound of the tone would change, a bit like pitched harmonics on a guitar string).

As for an infinite multiverse, that would mean that in an infinite number of alternate universes the technology to cross from one universe to another would have been developed and an infinite number of traveler would have used the technology and an infinite number would have announced their arrival here, so I can only conclude that there is one universe, we only have one Earth and we ought to look after it!

Desertrat56
21 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

Philip Dick had interesting theories. Well he did more than speculate. There's more than one documentary (online). Anyone else, I'm on the fence. That guy? Yes...he's from another world. 

I love Phillip K. Dick stories because the end is always up in the air, you have to decide for yourself what really happened.

• Like 1

MissJatti

Is there another 'you' in a parallel universe ?

Only in video games

• Like 1

Desertrat56
1 hour ago, MissJatti said:

Is there another 'you' in a parallel universe ?

Only in video games

No, also in your imagination, always in your imagination.