Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Popular Singer Gouges Out His Own Eye

Shivel

Popular Singer Gouges Out His Own Eye

R&B singer Houston, whose debut album, "It's Already Written," was certified gold a month after its release last August, attempted suicide in a London hotel room on Jan. 27. When he was stopped by a security guard from jumping out a 13-floor hotel window, he gouged his own eye out, reports MTV News based on reports from sources close to the singer.

Born Houston Summers IV, the singer is a native of Los Angeles and was traveling abroad for a series of performances. MTV News notes that he scored a hit last year with "I Like That," which featured Chingy and Nate Dogg and was used in a McDonald's commercial. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Houston during this tragic time," a Capitol Records spokesperson said.

A Los Angeles radio DJ who was close to Houston told MTV News that the singer had been under psychiatric care last year for manic depression. This was corroborated by another source, who indicated that Houston also struggled with PCP. "I was told he wanted to commit suicide and stabbed his eye out," DJ K-Sly said. "He was telling people he was Jesus and wanted to go home to his Father." Houston has returned to Los Angeles.

user posted image

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• BurnSide

• Barnacle Battlefront

• bloo

Surely he wasn't THAT bad.

ok yah insane... i see why he was in pyciatric care...i mean if your really gonna kill your self dont stap your eye out... you CAN LIVE WITH OUT AN EYE.... idiot

OH my!

That is the craziest thing I have heard all day...or week for that matter...

Who knew?

I have his cd too...strange to know that I was listening to a singer that was so...disturbed?

Wow.

I hope he gets the help he needs, but what would posesss someone to gouge their own eye out? EEEWWWW>... let alone OOOOUCH!!!

Well considering he has MILLIONS, which i don't think is much to be depressed about, i'm sure he can pay for all the most luxurious help he can get, and hey, maybe a cool glass eye too!

This is the thread I seen here! I posted one thread....got no replies..... no.gif but by the way Houston is fine. He's getting a glass eye and says he's fine now! You never know maybe he was posessed!

Ok will someone please give me 5000 milligram's of riddlen, wacko.gif almost another loss of another rapper's life has worked me up. It is odd to see a rapper try to commit suicide usually another disgruntled rapper does it for them.

What is this really teaching our children to do anyway's? Go out and shoot gunsmilie.gif someone, or smoke weed 24/7 because it is cool, or to go out and rape a girl sad.gif because that's what they do in the hood. I'm confused thou I listen to rap and yes they are good song's but isn't there a line where they should put in to consideration what they do influences others?

I guess that is why my main music genre is Country which teach's me to go out and drink my life away because I'm a redneck and to shoot at poor defenseless wilderness animals? rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

he must have witnessed something disturbing-i included the pics because i find it interesting he gouged his "left" eye

Houston, We Have a Problem

- by Hazel W.M. McKinlay -

(Posted here by Wes Penre, Feb 24, 2005)

user posted image

user posted image

When Jesus said, “And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.” (Matthew 18:9) - He was speaking metaphorically, in parables, it really means resist evil. But R & B singer Houston took it literally.

The Los Angeles born Houston Summers said; “Music is what I thirst for you know as well as God.” and had a hit last year with, “I Like That” featuring Chingy and Nate Dogg. But Houston found the music business to be seeped in wickedness and sought to remove the devil’s presence, by gouging out his eye.

His security guard claims Houston is “happy” now and feels closer to God. I think if you still have your sanity in the New World Order, you must be mad, but this case is a sad indictment of what society is doing to a generation. The Love of God does not involve self-mutilation or loathing, but people are in confusion.

Houston Summers Houston Summers

That the record industry is corrupt is not in question. You must sell your soul to Satan for recognition and many are willing. For a chosen few, this is too high a price for fame and fortune, but if thine eye offend thee, do not pluck it out, close it… and turn your thoughts to God.

Peace Out,

Hazel

http://www.illuminati-news.com/houston-we-have-a-problem.htm

I'm sorry if my response sounded really insensitive, I just burst out laughing when I read that

Popular singer gouges out his own eye...and now becomes even more famous for his actions. Film and documentary scripts and contracts already coming through the post... rolleyes.gif Cynical me thiniks yeah right people will do anything to get more exposure. What a bloudy idiot. Really great image to be giving to your fans! Well done.

he must have witnessed something disturbing-i included the pics because i find it interesting he gouged his "left" eye

Houston, We Have a Problem

- by Hazel W.M. McKinlay -

(Posted here by Wes Penre, Feb 24, 2005)

user posted image

user posted image

When Jesus said, “And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.” (Matthew 18:9) - He was speaking metaphorically, in parables, it really means resist evil. But R & B singer Houston took it literally.

The Los Angeles born Houston Summers said; “Music is what I thirst for you know as well as God.” and had a hit last year with, “I Like That” featuring Chingy and Nate Dogg. But Houston found the music business to be seeped in wickedness and sought to remove the devil’s presence, by gouging out his eye.

His security guard claims Houston is “happy” now and feels closer to God. I think if you still have your sanity in the New World Order, you must be mad, but this case is a sad indictment of what society is doing to a generation. The Love of God does not involve self-mutilation or loathing, but people are in confusion.                                             

Houston Summers Houston Summers

That the record industry is corrupt is not in question. You must sell your soul to Satan for recognition and many are willing. For a chosen few, this is too high a price for fame and fortune, but if thine eye offend thee, do not pluck it out, close it… and turn your thoughts to God.

Peace Out,

Hazel

http://www.illuminati-news.com/houston-we-have-a-problem.htm

500928[/snapback]

Or maybe it was the PCP he was smoking. wink2.gif