Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US assaults Barisha, Baghdadi dead

DarkHunter

About an hour ago it seems between 8 to 12 US helicopters along with special forces were involved in an assault on Barisha in northern Idlib.

While no proof has been put forward yet some sources are saying that Baghdadi has been captured others are saying that the entirety of ISIS senior leadership has been killed/captured.  Ultimately something big has happened tonight.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

About an hour ago it seems between 8 to 12 US helicopters along with special forces were involved in an assault on Barisha in northern Idlib.

While no proof has been put forward yet some sources are saying that Baghdadi has been captured others are saying that the entirety of ISIS senior leadership has been killed/captured.  Ultimately something big has happened tonight.

This very interesting, it isn't being reported on any official News platforms yet, however, there are reports of a US Assault with Helicopters coming in from that location on Twitter. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

Thanks for the heads up.

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

This very interesting, it isn't being reported on any official News platforms yet, however, there are reports of a US Assault with Helicopters coming in from that location on Twitter. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

Thanks for the heads up.

Trump is making an announcement to the nation tomorrow at 9 am, seems it will be about what happened in Barisha.

Not sure why if something significant happened why it would be delayed so long to announce it but it seems like there wont be any leaks on what happened.

Saudis getting their money's worth.. 

~

• Like 1

Finally a source reports on what happened.

Seems Baghdadi was targeted in the raid and killed.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-approves-special-ops-raid-targeting-isis-leader-baghdadi-1467982?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

Of course Baghdadi has been claimed to of been killed multiple times so some proof would be nice.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Finally a source reports on what happened.

Seems Baghdadi was targeted in the raid and killed.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-approves-special-ops-raid-targeting-isis-leader-baghdadi-1467982?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

Of course Baghdadi has been claimed to of been killed multiple times so some proof would be nice.

Well hopefully it is really him this time. He has risen from dead before. I am certain they are waiting for DNA testing before they say for certain this time. While I don't like to cheer about anyone's death, he certainly deserves it. If he is dead this will definitely shake ISIS to its core, even though there is someone else waiting to take his place.

We can only hope that whoever takes his place doesn't have the ability he did for keeping ISIS motivated to fight. 

13 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well hopefully it is really him this time. He has risen from dead before. I am certain they are waiting for DNA testing before they say for certain this time. While I don't like to cheer about anyone's death, he certainly deserves it. If he is dead this will definitely shake ISIS to its core, even though there is someone else waiting to take his place.

We can only hope that whoever takes his place doesn't have the ability he did for keeping ISIS motivated to fight. 

Seems DNA test are being done now to prove it was Baghdadi that was killed and results are expected to be finished tomorrow morning which would align well with Trump's announcement at 9 am.

• Like 2

More reports keep coming in about what happened in Barisha.

Seems the assault started with 7 to 8 helicopters, a mix of transport and gunships, with a few UAVs overhead and at least 2 aircraft in the area to lend support.  From various reports, most unofficial, it seems after the transport helicopters landed fighting began almost immediately.  After 10 to 15 minutes 4 more helicopters arrived to lend support and after a total operation length of 30 to 45 minutes the US special forces believe they achieved their objective and left.  Some reports are now saying that Baghdadi detonated his suicide vest, presumably to avoid capture or as a last ditch attempt to kill the special forces.

• Like 2

And at 9am don will take full credit that it was all him....if it was a success that is, if fail then don will blame um, Obama or Hillary or both or all dems in Congress..or...etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Islamic State group leader who reportedly had a $25 million bounty on his head is believed to have been killed in Syria.

A "high value ISIS target" -- believed to be Islamic State mastermind Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi -- was killed by U.S.-led forces in Idlib, a well-placed military source told Fox News on Saturday night.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/isis-target-believed-to-be-abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-is-killed-in-syria-sources

• Like 1

That being said, I’m thinking to myself that there was a good possibility that Trump caught Baghdadi with his pants down. Basically, expressing to the media and public that he wants to bring the troops home and to stop playing world police. Be that as it may, there was one segment that I heard on the news , that a small amount of the U.S Military will stay behind in Syria.  Sounds like that was the key point, meanwhile everyone in the general public including Baghdadi himself (My opinion) thought the U.S troops were in evacuation mode.

From  what I’ve read the White House has not released specific details on the raid itself but Trump will be speaking at 9am E.T.  Interestingly enough it’s said that Tanks may have played a roll. That would be something right? Some sort of tank warfare.

I know a lot of people don’t see eye to eye with President Trump,or just plain out don’t like him, but this operation and the execution of Baghdadi just literally increased Trumps success for another 4 years. Same story with Obama and Saddam. 

Just my thoughts and 2 cents.

Edited by LucidElement

7 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

That being said, I’m thinking to myself that there was a good possibility that Trump caught Baghdadi with his pants down. Basically, expressing to the media and public that he wants to bring the troops home and to stop playing world police. Be that as it may, there was one segment that I heard on the news , that a small amount of the U.S Military will stay behind in Syria.  Sounds like that was the key point, meanwhile everyone in the general public including Baghdadi himself (My opinion) thought the U.S troops were in evacuation mode.

From  what I’ve read the White House has not released specific details on the raid itself but Trump will be speaking at 9am E.T.  Interestingly enough it’s said that Tanks may have played a roll. That would be something right? Some sort of tank warfare.

I know a lot of people don’t see eye to eye with President Trump,or just plain out don’t like him, but this operation and the execution of Baghdadi just literally increased Trumps success for another 4 years. Same story with Obama and Saddam. 

Just my thoughts and 2 cents.

Saru or Mods, can you merge this part into the main thread already created? Please disregard above links.

Thanks.

Does anyone really believe that this possibly mythical Al-Baghdadi character was really the evil genius who was solely responsible for directing all of Al - sorry, the other one, ISIS's nefarious activities worldwide? He was never (assuming he exists or existed at all) a really satisfying substitute for ol' Osama was he, he was never a really satisfactory supervillain, because he was so reclusive and publicity-shy. 

24 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Does anyone really believe that this possibly mythical Al-Baghdadi character was really the evil genius who was solely responsible for directing all of Al - sorry, the other one, ISIS's nefarious activities worldwide? He was never (assuming he exists or existed at all) a really satisfying substitute for ol' Osama was he, he was never a really satisfactory supervillain, because he was so reclusive and publicity-shy. 

I suppose that I am one of those foolish people that believed he was responsible for directing ISIS. I think the reason he survived so long was because he was reclusive and publicity-shy. I also think that where he was killed, is not a coincidence since it is close to where ISIS had it's last stand. But I could certainly be wrong.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

More reports keep coming in about what happened in Barisha.

Seems the assault started with 7 to 8 helicopters, a mix of transport and gunships, with a few UAVs overhead and at least 2 aircraft in the area to lend support.  From various reports, most unofficial, it seems after the transport helicopters landed fighting began almost immediately.  After 10 to 15 minutes 4 more helicopters arrived to lend support and after a total operation length of 30 to 45 minutes the US special forces believe they achieved their objective and left.  Some reports are now saying that Baghdadi detonated his suicide vest, presumably to avoid capture or as a last ditch attempt to kill the special forces.

Probably more propaganda from the fake news media. Hopefully the last thing this coward saw was some American Seal Team members smiling at him right before they put him down. I wonder what member of ISIS gave him up for the $25 million? I'm looking forward to the 9:00 am presser with the Trumpster, you know he will try to take personal credit for putting this POS out of his misery and say something else to enrage the left. :lol:

Very convenient from a propaganda point of view, isn't it. At least to anyone who believes that it'll lead to the Final Defeat of ISIS , yet again. Still, if Donald the Mighty can use it to earn himself a few more approval points to stir up, all power to him. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Even if he is dead or captured, you can guarantee ISIS will have his replacement lined up. They are not stupid or new to this. 

A huge victory if he is (and highlights we leaving Syria is idiotic in the extreme) but still a long, long way from winning this war. 

Have you heard the little orange leader enjoying his triump* at the glorious victory. Isn't it cute ^_^ "And then our dogs followed him and tore him from limb to limb" or something to that effect. He's as happy as Barry Obama was when he offed Osama! I suppose we ought to allow him his little moment of joy. He doesn't get many these days, poor fellow. 

* I just made up a new word there! Triump: Trump's Triumph ^_^

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

And at 9am don will take full credit that it was all him....if it was a success that is, if fail then don will blame um, Obama or Hillary or both or all dems in Congress..or...etc.

What about when obammy announced bin Laden had been killed. He made it sound like he had tracked him, done the raid and killed him. All by his little lonesome. At least trump is giving credit where credit is due, to our military. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

Wrong. He gave credit to a lot of people. Didn’t say anything about himself. 

The operation was carried out with “cooperation” from Russia, Iraq, Turkey and Kurdish forces in Syria, he added. The Kurds provided “information” that was helpful, Trump said.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-10-27/baghdadi-killed-syria-trump

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LucidElement said:

Wrong. He gave credit to a lot of people. Didn’t say anything about himself. 

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-10-27/baghdadi-killed-syria-trump

Then he changed a bit from what I've seen him do in the past, very refreshing, perhaps an impeachment hanging over him like the sword of Damocles has shown him humility.

• Haha 1

You really

30 minutes ago, Setton said:

So we owe it in part to the people he recently betrayed. 

Yet another important door closed off. 

have to begrudge the old fellow absolutely everything, don't you. 

• Haha 2

• The title was changed to US assaults Barisha, Baghdadi dead