Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trying to create healthy relationships

shephardess

26 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Often, that feeling drained is linked to bad relationships, if it takes someone thinking they are surrounded by energy vampires to decide to make a change in who they interact with or what they think about others then let them start there.  Eventually they will get that they are the ones with the power over whether they let others use them or not.  Some people are trained as small children that they are never allowed to say no to certain people (like dad, any man, all adults etc.)  Once they are adults they find they are in very difficult or destructive relationships.  What ever it takes to get them to move you do it.  If it is the promise of a carrot or teaching them that they are the ones with power to make the change, what difference does it make to you?  Why did you spend so much time exploring magick?  Do you think you would know  the things you know now about yourself now if you had staid the mainstream course instead?  You have learned a lot but you had to learn it yourself, let others do the same for themselves.

Why not just say that directly? No sense in filling people heads with esoteric nonsense. 

As for my exploration of magick. Two fold. First was to have the truth about the afterlife and dead is dead, no one comes back and the only thing we have left of our loved ones is just memories. Second, the claims. Just like the sales pitch around the supposed "law of attraction", I tested it. Found it to be nothing more than simply programming the subconscious. We don't affect anything outside of us by thought alone. We can't will a bag of gold to appear. No one is summoning and commanding actual demons, etc. 

Telling people that anyone who drains them is an emotional vampire is actually doing more harm than good. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Liketotalkabout said:

Vampire is real? Are you a believer?

How did this question get here?

By accident maybe?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

How did this question get here?

By accident maybe?

A lot of people arrive here by accident and don't really know anything about the forum.  I guess the poster is responding to @XenoFish a couple of posts back...probably arrived by googling vampires...??

On 1/12/2020 at 11:01 AM, XenoFish said:

Why not just say that directly? No sense in filling people heads with esoteric nonsense. 

As for my exploration of magick. Two fold. First was to have the truth about the afterlife and dead is dead, no one comes back and the only thing we have left of our loved ones is just memories. Second, the claims. Just like the sales pitch around the supposed "law of attraction", I tested it. Found it to be nothing more than simply programming the subconscious. We don't affect anything outside of us by thought alone. We can't will a bag of gold to appear. No one is summoning and commanding actual demons, etc. 

Telling people that anyone who drains them is an emotional vampire is actually doing more harm than good. 

On 1/16/2020 at 5:29 AM, Liketotalkabout said:

Vampire is real? Are you a believer?

Are we talking pretend or fetish? Because some people are weird. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2