Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Labrador gives birth to litter of 13 puppies

Still Waters

A labrador stunned her owners by giving birth to 13 puppies in one of Britain's largest ever litters - despite vets expecting just five or six after an ultrasound.

Beau, a Crufts champion descendant, was just two shy of what is thought to be the record, set by a black Labrador who gave birth to 15 puppies in 2014.

Her owners had no idea the brood would reach double figures and said puppies started 'flying out' when the first-time mother went into early labour last month after creeping under her owner's sheets.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7618795/Labrador-surprises-owners-giving-birth-litter-13.html

• Like 2

I saw 11 with a German shepherd mix but this is crazy. I hope they all survive! :)

• Like 2

My Catahoula cur dog/pit mix had 15. Took a while to find homes for that many lol. Guess I should have called the media.... or not.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Still Waters said:

when the first-time mother went into early labour last month after creeping under her owner's sheets.

Now THAT is the really interesting part of this story!

Puppers!

That is..a lot of puppies. Must've been awfully cramped too.

But..once you feng shui the organs a tad, I'm sure it was cozy in there :)