Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Millennials Responsible For Mexico's Collapse

BrooklynGuy

Americans’ love of drugs may soon bring Mexico’s collapse

Buy an avocado, boost a Mexican drug lord? Soon enough, it seems. Reports from south of the border say Mexican avocado farmers are taking up arms to protect their increasingly valuable crop from the country’s ­rapacious cartels, always on the lookout for a quick buck. Flush North Americans — think millennials, in particular — love avocados; they will pay top dollar for them, which sets the market into motion. Most often this means good things. But not always.

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/10/27/americans-love-of-drugs-may-soon-bring-mexicos-collapse/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It's not American millenials love of drugs and avocados fueling Mexico's collapse.  It's the corruption in their own system.  

The biggest money maker for the cartels is human trafficking and prostitution.  The last time I was at an all inclusive resort in Cabo San Lucas the manager of the resort told me to come to him for the best prostitutes.  

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

drugs are not only in demand in usa, cartels sells their drugs worldwide,    we could make cartels  mostly  irrelevant, legalize and produce in house,  war  on drugs created cartels, not  demand for drugs.

• Like 6

The cartels likely own most of the food production down there by now. They own most of the resorts which is why we almost never here of any contact between cartel and tourists. Why mess with your own cash flow?

Everyone else here has nailed it: corruption in Gov't on both sides of the border is allowing the cartel to grow. Obama trafficked arms, the Mexican Prez was paid for and the Mexican people are the ones that suffer. The cartel is using Military hardware now - that's not easy to come by without someone on the inside making it happen.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

The cartel is using Military hardware now - that's not easy to come by without someone on the inside making it happen.

They were using HMGs, LAWs and RPGs in the 90s. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

It's not American millenials love of drugs and avocados fueling Mexico's collapse.  It's the corruption in their own system.  

The biggest money maker for the cartels is human trafficking and prostitution.  The last time I was at an all inclusive resort in Cabo San Lucas the manager of the resort told me to come to him for the best prostitutes.  

Were they really "the best"?

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Were they really "the best"?

I do most of the work so why would I pay someone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I do most of the work so why would I pay someone?

Well when you pay them you can make them do the work. That's what I do anyway. Leaves more time for snacks and watching Felix the Cat cartoons. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

They were using HMGs, LAWs and RPGs in the 90s. 

Yes, and I would suggest that they where mostly Russian (or chinese copies of russian designs) rather than American ? 

38 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Yes, and I would suggest that they where mostly Russian (or chinese copies of russian designs) rather than American ? 

NOPE! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

That is being addressed by the candidates. We could see legalized prostitution.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democratic-2020-candidates-struggle-over-whether-to-legalize-sex-work/

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, susieice said:

That is being addressed by the candidates. We could see legalized prostitution.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democratic-2020-candidates-struggle-over-whether-to-legalize-sex-work/

they absolutely should, it is not like outlawing did any good, the other way around actually, legalizing will take a huge chunk of business  away from sex traffickers, the way i see it only stupid and those who profit from it, (traffickers, their covers, and law enforcement) one way or another want to keep it illegal.  they can't stop prostitution, period, same for drugs

Edited by aztek
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, aztek said:

they absolutely should, it is not like outlawing did any good, the other way around actually, legalizing will take a huge chunk of business  away from sex traffickers, the way i see it only stupid and those who profit from it, one way or another want to keep it illegal.  they can't stop prostitution, period

Never have been able to stop it. But it's not the whole goal of traffickers to deal with prostitution or to keep those prostitutes here in the US.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

Never have been able to stop it. But it's not the whole goal of traffickers to deal with prostitution or to keep those prostitutes here in the US.

well we can't clean up the whole world, but at least cleaning our own house would be a start,  prohibition taught  us how to fight  such  things.  it also taught us crime is where money is made on both sides.  so far money win everythime

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

well we can't clean up the whole world, but at least cleaning our own house would be a start,  prohibition taught  us how to fight  such  things.  it also taught us crime is where money is made on both sides.  so far money win everythime

I have no desire to clean up the world. Prohibition taught us about banning things but it also kept controls on alcohol consumption. Sanders has a point. How do we protect prostitutes from the people who prey on them (and they are the easiest group subject to murder among other things) or control the spread of STDs that could be serious. Parts of Nevada has had legal prostitution for decades but it's still well regulated. It isn't legal in all counties and street prostitution isn't legal anywhere.

They're to blame for many things.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Here's the reality of it all and it's not like most people think.

Mexico's Gun Supply and the 90 Percent Myth

In a nutshell, truth be told;

There has clearly been a long and well-documented history of arms smuggling across the U.S.-Mexico border, but it is important to recognize that, while the United States is a significant source of certain classes of weapons and ammunition, it is by no means the source of 90 percent of the weapons used by the Mexican cartels, as is commonly asserted.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gunn said:

Here's the reality of it all and it's not like most people think.

Mexico's Gun Supply and the 90 Percent Myth

In a nutshell, truth be told;

That article doesn't really get rid of the 90% "Myth".  If they can legally buy American weapons in Mexico and if they buy US military weapons from Guatemala and South America, the source of origin would still be the United States.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

That article doesn't really get rid of the 90% "Myth".  If they can legally buy American weapons in Mexico and if they buy US military weapons from Guatemala and South America, the source of origin would still be the United States.

that is one way to twist things, lol,  of course it does, it isn't where it was build, but how it was imported, by your logic all car accidents involving Americans cars worldwide are Americas fault

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Oh REALLY ? Does that mean that Russia can be held liable for EVERY act of barbarity committed around the world using AK-47's. ? :P 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I noticed you still call it 90% myth, why do you still call it a 90% myth if you believe Mexico gets all 90% of it's guns from the U.S.?

Are there U.S. manufactures here in the U.S. that make AK-47, MAK90's, SKS, RPG's and other European/Asian military grade weapons that I'm not aware of? And then turn around and sell all of those weapons to the Mexican Cartel, South/Latin America and Guatemala gangs?

Can you please provide information that South/Latin America and Guatemala are getting exactly 90% of their weapons from the U.S.? I haven't been able to find anything that proves those countries are getting 90% of their weapons from the U.S. - only speculation or assumptions that 90% come from the U.S like you're indicating.

Remember, the article is not saying these cartels are not getting any guns from the U.S., but it's really only about 50 percent at most they are getting some guns from the U.S.

the myth is that cartels get 90% of gun smuggled from USA illegally,  sold by shady dealers,  those guns that you allegedly can legally buy at the stores in USA,  and of course it is a LIE.   sure they have guns of us origins, but there were not smuggled by gun runners, and sold over the counter by shady dealers.  (except those smuggled by obama and holder) full auto guns are not widely available in stores, only select few can legally buy them, and they are tightly controlled. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Everyone kinda supports evil in a way when spending a buck, i suppose. Sweatshops and prison labor for clothes. Factory farmed animals for food, Blood diamonds for weddings and jewelry, Ravaged rain forests for pharmaceuticals and smart phone parts. The list goes on    

• Like 1