Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump got booed

the13bats

4 hours ago, bee said:

look at the enthusiastic crowds... do you really think Team Trump need to PAY people to stand 
behind the podium with signs... it would more likely be the other way round...

Not saying this happened but saying it's MORE likely... that people themselves would be willing to
pay to hold the signs behind the podium and be on permanent record for being at the rallies...
(ie make a contribution to election fund)

The videos would then be passed on through the generations of families proud to have been there
and supporting Trump....''''''' look, this is when Great Grandma helped to Make America Great''''

etc... :)

Cult members do worship and follow their leader.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

I'm grateful we live in a nation where you can be the president without any fear of repercussions.

Imagine someone trying to boo Xi at an event in China lol. 

They would be in prison. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, and then said:

I think it's an indication that we have a healthy, robust democracy on display.  If people think they booed him today, imagine what they'll be doing next November if he gets re-elected :w00t:

Democracy is not elections; it is 10,000 people standing up and saying, "Hey!  You can't do that."

Doug

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bee said:

look at the enthusiastic crowds... do you really think Team Trump need to PAY people to stand 
behind the podium with signs... it would more likely be the other way round...

Not saying this happened but saying it's MORE likely... that people themselves would be willing to
pay to hold the signs behind the podium and be on permanent record for being at the rallies...
(ie make a contribution to election fund)

The videos would then be passed on through the generations of families proud to have been there
and supporting Trump....''''''' look, this is when Great Grandma helped to Make America Great''''

etc... :)

I noticed that all the videos showed rallys in the south eastern U.S.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I noticed that all the videos showed rallys in the south eastern U.S.

His support here is very strong. Around my parts you often see trump signs parked next to confederate flags and crosses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Robotic Jew said:

His support here is very strong. Around my parts you often see trump signs parked next to confederate flags and crosses.

Of course. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

Fake news...obamas fault, Hillary's too, Mexico will pay for the wall...

I thought all politicians do this (w rally). Put the pretty people (or different races I suppose) up front and center. Whats the term? Honey potting.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, bee said:

Too far bee.  

Two of my great grandmothers made America great by running ranches and raising proud independent children.  One raised my dad when his father was killed in a railroad accident.  All of them were solid. self-sufficient people,helped their neighbors, respected in the community.  

No direct offense to any politician, but it has taken more than holding signs at a rally to make America great and it will take more hard work from citizens to keep it that way.  In this age of celebrity, it is hard to recall that greatness comes from the bottom, not the top.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

You quoted me saying this,...

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

Fake news...obamas fault, Hillary's too, Mexico will pay for the wall...

And you reply to my post was...

1 hour ago, Bed of chaos said:

I thought all politicians do this (w rally). Put the pretty people (or different races I suppose) up front and center. Whats the term? Honey potting.

Which has about zero to do with what i said and you quoted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

In this age of celebrity, it is hard to recall that greatness comes from the bottom, not the top.

very true!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

So your saying that tRUMP's name is being associated with treason?

Doug

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

Same here but instead of signs theyre flying actual Trump flags everywhere. The wife doesnt think its safe for me to fly an "IMPEACH" flag <_<

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Same here but instead of signs theyre flying actual Trump flags everywhere. The wife doesnt think its safe for me to fly an "IMPEACH" flag <_<

I don't blame her.  Arizona seems like a radically right leaning state in a lot of ways.  I am glad they got rid of that crazy sheriff in Maricopa county.  Not to mention it is part of the wild, wild west.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

Beware of the Confederate "heroes."  Around here Stand Waite is remembered as the last fighting Confederate general to surrender to the Union.  That is true, but he was also a racist whose troops murdered 33 black farm workers at Wagoner, Oklahoma.  He was a Cherokee fighting in a Cherokee civil war that coincided with the America civil war.  His troops killed opposition Cherokees who supported the Confederacy, making Waite a traitor to his own cause.

Ironically, after his surrender, the Union kept his cavalry unit together, making them into tribal police.  The Cherokee Light Horse and Choctaw Light Horse were assembled from Stand Waite's cavalry.  They and the Texas Rangers are the last surviving Confederate regiments.

A similar story applies to Nathan Bedford Forrest.  His troops slaughtered black soldiers and Ft. Conger.  These were people being trained by the Union.  I guess that makes them a legitimate military target, but Forrest's troops preferentially killed blacks.  After the Civil War, Forrest went on to create the Ku Klux Klan.

Robert E. Lee was a truly great man.  Although he led the Confederate armed forces, a crime for which he could have been hung, after the war, armed with nothing more than pen and paper, he helped bring the country together again.  Had a guerilla war started in the South, America might well have dissolved into a bunch of banana republics.  That we still have a United States of America is in large part, his doing.

Doug

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't blame her.  Arizona seems like a radically right leaning state in a lot of ways.  I am glad they got rid of that crazy sheriff in Maricopa county.  Not to mention it is part of the wild, wild west.

He was too expensive.  The county kept losing lawsuits for things he did; although, I think the pink underware was a great idea.

Doug

• Like 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

I don't blame her.  Arizona seems like a radically right leaning state in a lot of ways.  I am glad they got rid of that crazy sheriff in Maricopa county.

It is insanely so. I was shocked when one day during the 2018 election dropping my kid off at a friends house the friend proudly told me they were hosting a party for "Sheriff Joe's" campaign. This is after hed been found guilty of racial profiling and said publicly he wouldnt stop

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Too far bee.  

Two of my great grandmothers made America great by running ranches and raising proud independent children.  One raised my dad when his father was killed in a railroad accident.  All of them were solid. self-sufficient people,helped their neighbors, respected in the community.  

No direct offense to any politician, but it has taken more than holding signs at a rally to make America great and it will take more hard work from citizens to keep it that way.  In this age of celebrity, it is hard to recall that greatness comes from the bottom, not the top.

excuse me.......?

are you trying to diss the fictitious Great Grandma...?
you think all she did was hold up a sign..?

I'll have you know she was a nurse for 50 years, worked in a soup kitchen for the homeless
in her spare time - raised 11 children - worked 5 nights a week cleaning offices to help put them
through college and had to care for her bed ridden husband as well.....AND was female rodeo
champion for 10 years running.... donating all her prize money to the local cat sanctuary...

you were saying..... :angry:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

It is insanely so. I was shocked when one day during the 2018 election dropping my kid off at a friends house the friend proudly told me they were hosting a party for "Sheriff Joe's" campaign. This is after hed been found guilty of racial profiling and said publicly he wouldnt stop

Oh, that is shocking.

4 hours ago, bee said:

are you trying to diss the fictitious Great Grandma...?
you think all she did was hold up a sign..?

I'll have you know she was a nurse for 50 years, worked in a soup kitchen for the homeless
in her spare time - raised 11 children - worked 5 nights a week cleaning offices to help put them
through college and had to care for her bed ridden husband as well.....AND was female rodeo
champion for 10 years running.... donating all her prize money to the local cat sanctuary...

you were saying.....

Not dissing but reaffirming.  If she did all the stuff you mention, her descendants will have all kinds of significant reasons to be proud of her and tell funny and exciting and heart breaking and inspirational stories about her.  I only knew one of my great grandmums, and she did not nearly so much,  but she was an awesome person to know as a kid. I have passed a few stories on to my wife and kids.

I was saying that doing exactly those things will keep America great.  Talking about it  or holding up a sign,, well not so much.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

Democracy is not elections; it is 10,000 people standing up and saying, "Hey!  You can't do that."

Doug

Democracy is one person standing up and saying “you can’t do that!” without being murdered by the government.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I'd pull my kid out of there in a heartbeat.  I get the same thing in my parts, though.  I live in rural Northeast PA.  Full of poor people with bad jobs.  Full of Trump supporters with their signs in front of their dilapidated houses.  I don't drop longtime friends due to their beliefs, but I am sure wary of who I become new friends with.  The people are still poor, and their jobs still suck, but you can certainly get the cult like vibe pulsating through this area.  

• Like 1

How odd...I live in a heavily Trump supported area and I've not seen one Trump sign in anyone's yard. It must be a Yankee thing.

Edited by Michelle

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Not dissing but reaffirming.  If she did all the stuff you mention, her descendants will have all kinds of significant reasons to be proud of her and tell funny and exciting and heart breaking and inspirational stories about her.  I only knew one of my great grandmums, and she did not nearly so much,  but she was an awesome person to know as a kid. I have passed a few stories on to my wife and kids.

I was saying that doing exactly those things will keep America great.  Talking about it  or holding up a sign,, well not so much.

bolded... :unsure2:

Oh the FICTITIOUS Great Grandma who's fictional family were proud that she held a sign up behind
the podium at an historic Trump Rally... well she can do whatever I want her to ^_^ like when she
absailed down a skyscraper to raise money for endangered newts but fell off near the bottom, broke
both arms + 3 ribs and still walked 10 miles through the snow to the shops (stores) to get medicine for her 
sick next door neighbour....

But of course it's obvious that Making America Great Again requires more than holding up a campaign
sign at a political rally... but you are determined to try and make a counter point about it rather than just take
it as OBVIOUS...

;)

Edited by bee

Some good news coming out of Washington. The Washington Nationals won the MLB World Series. Congrats to them and The Astro's who played great as well.

• Like 1