Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
the13bats

Trump got booed

208 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Doug1029
1 minute ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Doug, while I enjoy reading your posts could you limit yourself moving forward to only one username to do so? Some folks might get confused and think there are two very nice folks saying the same things with slightly different usernames. Also I think that is a violation of forum rules and I certainly don't want to see you get jammed up. ;) 

I don't know exactly what happened, but my computer went down two seeks ago.  When it came back up, it started accessing both accounts instead of one.  Maybe the mods could help with this and combine Doug1o29 with Doug1029 under the Doug1029 name?

Thanks,

Doug

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrooklynGuy

More on the story:

Supporters raise $40K to help man who deflated ‘Baby Trump’ balloon

Supporters of a man who knifed and deflated a diaper-clad “Baby Trump” balloon so the president would not see it during his visit to watch a University of Alabama football game have raised almost $40,000 to pay his legal fees. A GoFundMe page created Saturday asks for donations to help Hoyt Deau Hutchinson, 32, “pay legal fees and restitutions” for the balloon had raised $39,641 as of Monday afternoon. The goal for fundraiser was initially set at $6,000.

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/11/11/supporters-raise-40k-to-help-man-who-deflated-baby-trump-balloon/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrooklynGuy

I think we all knew that at some point President Trump would get blamed for this too.

Alabama Heisman winner blames Tide's loss vs. LSU on presence of President Trump

After a dominant showing by the LSU offense on Saturday, Alabama’s perfect record, 31-game home win streak and College Football Playoff hopes have taken a significant hit. One of the program’s great players has an interesting theory on what caused the costly loss. Baltimore Ravens running back Mark Ingram, who won the Heisman Trophy in 2009 with the Crimson Tide, tweeted that he was blaming President Donald Trump for the loss, saying his appearance created something called “bad swacky” for the Tide.

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mark-ingram-president-trump-alabama-lsu-010422251.html

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit
6 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

I don't know exactly what happened, but my computer went down two seeks ago.  When it came back up, it started accessing both accounts instead of one.  Maybe the mods could help with this and combine Doug1o29 with Doug1029 under the Doug1029 name?

Thanks,

Doug

Information sent to Admin, it might pay to message Saru and let him know which is your preferred account.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
11 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

I think we all knew that at some point President Trump would get blamed for this too.

Alabama Heisman winner blames Tide's loss vs. LSU on presence of President Trump

After a dominant showing by the LSU offense on Saturday, Alabama’s perfect record, 31-game home win streak and College Football Playoff hopes have taken a significant hit. One of the program’s great players has an interesting theory on what caused the costly loss. Baltimore Ravens running back Mark Ingram, who won the Heisman Trophy in 2009 with the Crimson Tide, tweeted that he was blaming President Donald Trump for the loss, saying his appearance created something called “bad swacky” for the Tide.

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mark-ingram-president-trump-alabama-lsu-010422251.html

 

I guess kneeling during gameplay wasn't such a good idea.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
4 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

I think we all knew that at some point President Trump would get blamed for this too.

Alabama Heisman winner blames Tide's loss vs. LSU on presence of President Trump

After a dominant showing by the LSU offense on Saturday, Alabama’s perfect record, 31-game home win streak and College Football Playoff hopes have taken a significant hit. One of the program’s great players has an interesting theory on what caused the costly loss. Baltimore Ravens running back Mark Ingram, who won the Heisman Trophy in 2009 with the Crimson Tide, tweeted that he was blaming President Donald Trump for the loss, saying his appearance created something called “bad swacky” for the Tide.

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mark-ingram-president-trump-alabama-lsu-010422251.html

 

Huh, so Bad Swacky is when your fans cheer for someone and bring your team bad luck?  Learn a new word everyday.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk
10 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

We might start by reading the Constitution,  That is the original source and we can avoid spins and misquotes.

So do I take it that you did not watch the clip?

I last read the Constitution clear through when I was in junior high:  about 55 years ago.


Good for you.  That long ago?  I see.  I've read it several times over the past couple of years.  Including many of the Federalist Papers and other documents.  Mind you, the Federalist Papers are not all that easy a read.

 So maybe it's time to refresh my memory.  


You think?

But I'll bet that most of the people sounding off about the Constitution and Bill of Rights, including our Congressmen and Senators of both parties, have never read it, even part of it.


And I'll take it further and say that you'll find that the Left are the ones that go through the act of reading it and try to interpret it through the lense of Socialism.

A few of us try to read the Founding Documents from the viewpoint of the Founder's original intent.  The Left doesn't like the original intent.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

A few of us try to read the Founding Documents from the viewpoint of the Founder's original intent.  The Left doesn't like the original intent.

The cool thing about dead men's viewpoints is that you can claim it and they aren't around to contradict you. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
On 10/30/2019 at 2:46 AM, Manwon Lender said:

and I do love how he places his actors directly behind the podium where he speaks

You say this with the confidence that it is factual.  Care to show proof that your SUPPOSITION is accurate?  Or does "everyone" know it's true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
On 11/10/2019 at 3:52 PM, BrooklynGuy said:

A man was charged with knifing and deflating the “Baby Trump” balloon that was stationed near the University of Alabama football game in protest of President Trump’s Saturday visit.

I hadn't heard of this.  WELL DONE!  I'll have to check to see if he has a go fund me yet ;)   With a first name like Deau, I'm thinking he's an LSU fan but he's still a man after my own heart!  BTW, it WAS a hell of a game and LSU definitely outplayed the Tide for the first half.  No excuses, congrats to the Tigers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1029
15 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

I think we all knew that at some point President Trump would get blamed for this too.

Alabama Heisman winner blames Tide's loss vs. LSU on presence of President Trump

After a dominant showing by the LSU offense on Saturday, Alabama’s perfect record, 31-game home win streak and College Football Playoff hopes have taken a significant hit. One of the program’s great players has an interesting theory on what caused the costly loss. Baltimore Ravens running back Mark Ingram, who won the Heisman Trophy in 2009 with the Crimson Tide, tweeted that he was blaming President Donald Trump for the loss, saying his appearance created something called “bad swacky” for the Tide.

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mark-ingram-president-trump-alabama-lsu-010422251.html

 

That's going off the deep end.

Doug

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1029
10 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

So do I take it that you did not watch the clip?


Good for you.  That long ago?  I see.  I've read it several times over the past couple of years.  Including many of the Federalist Papers and other documents.  Mind you, the Federalist Papers are not all that easy a read.


You think?


And I'll take it further and say that you'll find that the Left are the ones that go through the act of reading it and try to interpret it through the lense of Socialism.

A few of us try to read the Founding Documents from the viewpoint of the Founder's original intent.  The Left doesn't like the original intent.
 

What is your hangup with socialism?  It's an economic system and compatible with democracy.  In fact, free market socialism has been tried and is probably better than any other kind.  We need free markets to ensure even competition.  But as it is, big companies control markets, preventing the free market from operating.  Government needs to regulate markets or they won't be free long.

Doug

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1029
On 11/6/2019 at 12:44 AM, RavenHawk said:

Once they take the AK47s away, how much harder will it be to take the rest?  Our Rights are bounded by personal Responsibility and unlimited. 

Well.  It only took 11 days.  Oklahoma's Open Carry law went into effect on November 1.  Yesterday (Nov. 11) a "law-abiding citizen" took a gun into Walmart (Where the company prohibits open carry.  While there he "accidently" discharged it into a display rack.  There were six people there, counting clerks.  So he was charged with six counts of assault, one of criminal trespass and one of using a firearm in the commission of a felony.

He didn't seem to understand that "open carry" has limits.  If you accidently discharge your weapon, you are assaulting anybody in the immediate vicinity.  If you discharge a weapon where it is not allowed, you are committing criminal trespass.  Besides that, Walmart can sue him for damages.

How do we keep "law-abiding citizens" from killing the rest of us, whether it's an accident or on purpose?

Doug

Edited by Doug1029
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1029
On 11/11/2019 at 10:22 AM, BrooklynGuy said:

Doug, while I enjoy reading your posts could you limit yourself moving forward to only one username to do so? Some folks might get confused and think there are two very nice folks saying the same things with slightly different usernames. Also I think that is a violation of forum rules and I certainly don't want to see you get jammed up. ;) 

Well, we tried.  Saru tried to combine the two accounts, but the older one acquired the name "Guest."  So we're stuck with two names anyway.

Doug

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
34 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Well.  It only took 11 days.  Oklahoma's Open Carry law went into effect on November 1.  Yesterday (Nov. 11) a "law-abiding citizen" took a gun into Walmart (Where the company prohibits open carry.  While there he "accidently" discharged it into a display rack.  There were six people there, counting clerks.  So he was charged with six counts of assault, one of criminal trespass and one of using a firearm in the commission of a felony.

He didn't seem to understand that "open carry" has limits.  If you accidently discharge your weapon, you are assaulting anybody in the immediate vicinity.  If you discharge a weapon where it is not allowed, you are committing criminal trespass.  Besides that, Walmart can sue him for damages.

How do we keep "law-abiding citizens" from killing the rest of us, whether it's an accident or on purpose?

Doug

Not by making guns illegal.  Maybe by training and better mental health.  Someone that stupid either doesn't know how to read or is a sociopath.  Maybe he wasn't really a "law abiding" citizen but rather someone who wanted to see what he could get away with.  If his gun accidentally discharged that means he had no real training on handling that weapon.  Open carry has to include responsibility and training.  New Mexico changed their laws recently but you still have to have a permit for open carry and in order to get that permit you have to have certified training.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1029
1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Not by making guns illegal.  Maybe by training and better mental health.  Someone that stupid either doesn't know how to read or is a sociopath.  Maybe he wasn't really a "law abiding" citizen but rather someone who wanted to see what he could get away with.  If his gun accidentally discharged that means he had no real training on handling that weapon.  Open carry has to include responsibility and training.  New Mexico changed their laws recently but you still have to have a permit for open carry and in order to get that permit you have to have certified training.

But open carry doesn't require a person to know anything about guns and gun safety.  Anybody can do it with no training, no permits, no anything.  You don't need to register the firearm.  You just get ahold of one and start walking around with it.

I know a guy who has a concealed weapon permit.  He carries a gun nearly all the time and nobody ever knows it but him.  But the open carry people are out there trying to intimidate people and generally trying to make up for shortfalls in other areas.  And as was just proven, they can be dangerous.

Doug

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
2 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

But open carry doesn't require a person to know anything about guns and gun safety.  Anybody can do it with no training, no permits, no anything.  You don't need to register the firearm.  You just get ahold of one and start walking around with it.

I know a guy who has a concealed weapon permit.  He carries a gun nearly all the time and nobody ever knows it but him.  But the open carry people are out there trying to intimidate people and generally trying to make up for shortfalls in other areas.  And as was just proven, they can be dangerous.

Doug

It is dependent on state laws.  Concealed carry has a lot stricter rules as I think it should, but some states don't allow you to carry a gun without a permit.  In the olden days there was no concealed carry in New Mexico.  Even law enforcement had to have their weapons visible.  And back then there were no permits, just anyone who wanted to carry a gun had to have it visible (wild, wild west).  I think Texas used to be that way too, I know a coworker had one on her dash board and it kept 3 truckers from bothering her on a deserted section of highway in the 80's.  (I can't imagine what they had in mind, just to frighten her or actually cause her harm).  There are valid reasons for people to carry weapons, but we need to make sure they are trained to handle them properly to keep accidents from happening.  (like kids finding it and shooting their friend or that dumbass discharging his weapon in Walmart).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1029
1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

It is dependent on state laws.  Concealed carry has a lot stricter rules as I think it should, but some states don't allow you to carry a gun without a permit.  In the olden days there was no concealed carry in New Mexico.  Even law enforcement had to have their weapons visible.  And back then there were no permits, just anyone who wanted to carry a gun had to have it visible (wild, wild west).  I think Texas used to be that way too, I know a coworker had one on her dash board and it kept 3 truckers from bothering her on a deserted section of highway in the 80's.  (I can't imagine what they had in mind, just to frighten her or actually cause her harm).  There are valid reasons for people to carry weapons, but we need to make sure they are trained to handle them properly to keep accidents from happening.  (like kids finding it and shooting their friend or that dumbass discharging his weapon in Walmart).

Oklahoma has no restrictions.  They call it "freedom."  Freedom to intimidate anybody you want to.  What about my right not to live in fear of these maniacs?

I agree.  That guy in Walmart was just a "dumbass."  But he is still dangerous, just the same.

Doug

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
1 minute ago, Doug1029 said:

Oklahoma has no restrictions.  They call it "freedom."  Freedom to intimidate anybody you want to.  What about my right not to live in fear of these maniacs?

I agree.  That guy in Walmart was just a "dumbass."  But he is still dangerous, just the same.

Doug

Yes, there has to be freedom from fear as well as freedom to carry a weapon.  Maybe you would feel better in they UK, I think even pepper spray is illegal in the UK (not sure but it came up in one of the cop shows I watch).  We don't have balance in this country right now and based on things the members of this board complain about I suspect there in no balance in the UK either and look at all the laws they have restricting access to guns and other weapons.  It does not seem to alleviate the fear or the violence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
6 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

That's going off the deep end.

Doug

My team lost because no matter how talented they are, they haven't played a team the caliber they faced on Saturday.  That's just the truth.  Too many defensive mistakes...period.  Our offense was good enough to win but the D wasn't able to stop them.  I have no doubt that Saban will fix that problem and I'd hate to playing against them next week ;)   But this year they are not championship quality.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
21 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yes, there has to be freedom from fear

I'd answer that this is a choice and not an issue being forced on average citizens.  I live in an area where any given individual you meet, male or female, COULD be armed.  None of us walk around in fear of our neighbors or even strangers.  It just isn't a problem.  I assume that happens in major cities where the density of potential crazies is much higher and that's sad but a citizen's right to be armed is not dependent on the fears of others so long as that citizen abides by the law laid down in our Constitution and local laws based on it.  Those that overreach will soon be ignored on a large scale all over America.  Sanctuaries... don't ya know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
2 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

Well.  It only took 11 days.  Oklahoma's Open Carry law went into effect on November 1.  Yesterday (Nov. 11) a "law-abiding citizen" took a gun into Walmart (Where the company prohibits open carry.  While there he "accidently" discharged it into a display rack.  There were six people there, counting clerks.  So he was charged with six counts of assault, one of criminal trespass and one of using a firearm in the commission of a felony.

He didn't seem to understand that "open carry" has limits.  If you accidently discharge your weapon, you are assaulting anybody in the immediate vicinity.  If you discharge a weapon where it is not allowed, you are committing criminal trespass.  Besides that, Walmart can sue him for damages.

How do we keep "law-abiding citizens" from killing the rest of us, whether it's an accident or on purpose?

Doug

So the article I read said the gun had been dropped earlier in the day and it was holstered at the time it went off. Purely an accident, not accidental handling. It also said that he was long gone by the time to the police got there, the store called them 2 hours after the incident and they don't even know the name of the suspect. How did they put all those charges you claim on him when they don't even know who it was?

https://www.normantranscript.com/oklahoma/news/illegal-gun-discharge-reported-in-stillwater-walmart/article_e81d4ad0-aa27-5cf8-badc-ee387a6004e3.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster

What has happened and my predictions:

1st Year: Lets have a riot and get rid of him because he is like Hitler.

2nd Year: This guy is incompetent.

3rd Year: This guy is a moron.

4th Year: Well I dont agree with him but he did everything he said he would do and hasn't blown up the world. Look at the economy, look at all the jobs he has created, this guy (and I dont want to admit it to myself) is actually decent.

Then re-election!!!! lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
44 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

But the open carry people are out there trying to intimidate people and generally trying to make up for shortfalls in other areas.  And as was just proven, they can be dangerous

I call big time BS on that comment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
33 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

They call it "freedom."  Freedom to intimidate anybody you want to.

Brandishing is illegal.  Their right to carry isn't contingent on your fears.  Suck it up.  This is the statute that defines when a citizen oversteps and threatens illegally.  Read it, it might be your friend.

[Okla. Stat. Ann. tit. 21 § 1289.16]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.