Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vatican's 'secret archives' no longer secret

UM-Bot

48 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

So it really mean that research can be done on these documents from people outside the vatican ?

Yup that's the question.

Also if that happens then all the poor little conspiracy theorists will be so disappointed that there's nothing in there confirming their extraterrestrial/shadow papacy/ancient alien theories.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

So it really mean that research can be done on these documents from people outside the vatican ?

Probably only the documents that they make available.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

Yup that's the question.

Also if that happens then all the poor little conspiracy theorists will be so disappointed that there's nothing in there confirming their extraterrestrial/shadow papacy/ancient alien theories.

The Archives site says researchers have been welcomed for some time.  

http://asv.vatican.va/content/archiviosegretovaticano/en/news/news/Motu-Proprio-AAV.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A vast repository of manuscripts dating back over a thousand years has been officially renamed by the Pope.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/331612/vaticans-secret-archives-are-no-longer-secret

That's very interesting I hope they publish the truth about Mary Magdalena.

They still control who gets access, and they're not going to be scanning and putting all their texts on the internet (uncensored) for anyone to see anytime soon. Remember, their archives are a private library, not a public one.

The Vatican has a LOT of dirty secrets, although I think most revolve around covering up molestation, laundering money, hiding old Gospel texts that contradict their 'official' version of the New Testament, uncensored church history (especially **** about the inquisition), and ideas about women holding positions of power in the church.

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 1

The archives is just a blackbook of a bunch of underage boys' names, addresses, and birthdates hah

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2019 at 7:35 PM, Orphalesion said:

Yup that's the question.

actually it will just prove that it god and religion was all made up just to control the masses

On 10/29/2019 at 4:48 PM, Golden Duck said:

The Archives site says researchers have been welcomed for some time.  

http://asv.vatican.va/content/archiviosegretovaticano/en/news/news/Motu-Proprio-AAV.html

And I can personally confirm it. I’m writing a book that’s pretty harshly anti-Catholic, and they still gave me access, knowing that. Because it’s a library, run by scholars, not the ****ing League of Villains.

The fantasist conspiridiots need to stay in their reality-light protected forum. Eesh. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jaylemurph said:

And I can personally confirm it. I’m writing a book that’s pretty harshly anti-Catholic, and they still gave me access, knowing that. Because it’s a library, run by scholars, not the ****ing League of Villains.

The fantasist conspiridiots need to stay in their reality-light protected forum. Eesh. 

—Jaylemurph 

They are pretty much just restricted to scholars, aren't they?

• Like 1

Access to archives is always subject to restriction based on how many people can occupy a given space and validity of research. If a reason such as needing to know how many popes chewed gum is given it will probably not be given the same consideration as a credited historical scholar unless no one else wants in that day.

However the scholars that run the library are paid through an organization named The Monetary Affiliation For Internal Archive Control. The active members of which are also primary stockholders in the offshore company League of Villains LLC. (Google it and you will get a link to this post thereby confirming the existence of said companies)

Jay perhaps they hope you will find information to change your view to a more favorable review?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, geraldnewfie said:

actually it will just prove that it god and religion was all made up just to control the masses

It began well before that !

No photo description available.

• Haha 1

Religion is dumb. It was literally just the "science" at the time to explain why the sun rose every day and what the moon is. 

In today's time where science has explained so many of the ancient world questions, religion is right along the conspiracy theories of ancient aliens, flat Earth, and that the moon landings didn't happen haha.

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2019 at 2:15 PM, Jon the frog said:

Only if one qualifies after being fully vetted by the inquisitors of the church.  

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 7:35 PM, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

Full access?

1 hour ago, Festina Lente said:

Full access?

Well, “full access” makes it sound like there’s a sooper-dooper secret area only for supervillains to gloat in. Such things exist only in the minds of self-deluded conspiridiots. 

That said, all research libraries have access-only areas where valuable texts are kept in controlled environments and you have to have certain credentials proving you know how to handle old books to get that access.

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph

15 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Well, “full access” makes it sound like there’s a sooper-dooper secret area only for supervillains to gloat in. Such things exist only in the minds of self-deluded conspiridiots. 

That said, all research libraries have access-only areas where valuable texts are kept in controlled environments and you have to have certain credentials proving you know how to handle old books to get that access.

—Jaylemurph 

Have you done any research on Apollonius of Tyana?  

A first hand look at Eusebius’ Adversus Hierocles might provide some additional useful insight.  

http://www.tertullian.org/fathers/eusebius_against_hierocles.htm

31 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

So you don’t believe they absconded with any of the so called “Lost” works but destroyed them all? 

Ive been reading a book that lists many people who have been slandered, defamed, anathematized and murdered and who’s works have been interpolated and mutilated over the millennia by the church.   Further research states most of these individuals works were LOST

I find it funny peculiar how the works of Eusebius  and Josephus are all extant.  Birds of a feather. 

Edited by Festina Lente

6 hours ago, Festina Lente said:

So you don’t believe they absconded with any of the so called “Lost” works but destroyed them all? 

Ive been reading a book that lists many people who have been slandered, defamed, anathematized and murdered and who’s works have been interpolated and mutilated over the millennia by the church.   Further research states most of these individuals works were LOST

I find it funny peculiar how the works of Eusebius  and Josephus are all extant.  Birds of a feather. 

Well, I will say you don’t fund and build libraries to destroy texts. You do the opposite, so your proposition about destruction of books, out of the gate, has problems.

I think you’re not stopping to consider the vast number of non-Christian texts the catholic church /did/ preserve, and the sheer number of texts in toto that didn’t survive anywhere. 

I don’t know what specific book you’re reading or what further research you’ve conducted, so I can’t comment on those, other than to remark your mind seems fully made up on the alleged guilt of the catholic church. Determining the provenance of texts and the conditions of preservation are a complicated historiographic discussion. 

Josephus, by the way, was Jewish and both his major texts are largely extant. In any case, he’d hardly be roosting with Eusebius. 

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph