Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Post a Wiccan spell for All Hallows' Eve

Grim Reaper 6

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

To each their own.

I like both, but Rhiannon's Song was a little more than just inspired by The Song of Rhiannon. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Uh...Yeah. The song's a ripoff of a book title by a much better creative artist.

The Song of Rhiannon is a fantasy novel by Evangeline Walton, the third in a series of four based on the Welsh Mabinogion. It was first published in paperback by Ballantine Books as the fifty-first volume of the Ballantine Adult Fantasy series in August, 1972.

Nicks discovered Rhiannon in the early 1970s through a novel called Triad, by Mary Bartlet Leader.

Heres a link where the information above came from, maybe there are more than a single book on the subject.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhiannon_(song)

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Nicks discovered Rhiannon in the early 1970s through a novel called Triad, by Mary Bartlet Leader.

Heres a link where the information above came from, maybe there are more than a single book on the subject.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhiannon_(song)

Yeah, whatever. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

It was not my intention to offend you, but when I researched it that's what came up.

4 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

It was not my intention to offend you, but when I researched it that's what came up.

Yeah, I know. The Song of Rhiannon was published the same year as Triad. It, however, was wildly popular. The Song of Rhiannon received the 1973 Mythopoeic Award for Best Novel Some "coincidences" strain credulity. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

It pretty weird both your author and the one I found claim to be the inspiration for Fleetwood Mac's Song Rhiannon. I do wonder which one is correct?

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yeah, I know. The Song of Rhiannon was published the same year as Triad. It, however, was wildly popular. The Song of Rhiannon received the 1973 Mythopoeic Award for Best Novel Some "coincidences" strain credulity. 

Yes I agree, it is pretty strange, kinda a mystery.

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

It pretty weird both your author and the one I found claim to be the inspiration for Fleetwood Mac's Song Rhiannon. I do wonder which one is correct?

I wasn't aware Evangeline Walton claimed to be the inspiration. I'm of the opinion here book title definitely was. After all, they were both cheap little paperbacks and one doesn't even require reading for inspiration. 

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

I wasn't aware Evangeline Walton claimed to be the inspiration. I'm of the opinion here book title definitely was. After all, they were both cheap little paperbacks and one doesn't even require reading for inspiration. 

When used Fleetwood Mac's song Rhiannon and Evangeline Walton in a search it came back that her book was the inspiration for the song. When I did the same thing with the Triad author same thing happened. Some how thing have become confused, but I don't think it that important anyway.

Now, this example of witchery is honest about it's inspiration. Kate always enchanted me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

When used Fleetwood Mac's song Rhiannon and Evangeline Walton in a search it came back that her book was the inspiration for the song. When I did the same thing with the Triad author same thing happened. Some how thing have become confused, but I don't think it that important anyway.

Just, as you say, a curiosity. Stevie Nicks is the epitome of awesomeness. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Just, as you say, a curiosity. Stevie Nicks is the epitome of awesomeness. 

She certainly is.

11 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

That's an interesting piece, thanks for sharing.

3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That's an interesting piece, thanks for sharing.

Weirdness has always appealed to me. You should check out Clannad's other stuff 

10 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Weirdness has always appealed to me. You should check out Clannad's other stuff 

I will when I have time, thanks.

12 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Technically Wicca is a subsection of Witchcraft, while all Wiccans are not Pagans or Witches because they don't use Majic some are. However, traditions and many Wiccan beliefs are an extension of Witchcraft, it all depends upon which form of Wiccan is practiced. The Wiccans who practice Majic use spells that have used as far back as Witchcraft go's and of course they also create spells of their own, like all Witchs do. 

Last Wicca is an extension of Witchcraft, that is where many of it's concepts come.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/9-things-you-should-know-about-wicca-and-modern-witchcraft/

Actually, I think all Wicca is an extension of Alister Crowley's imagination.  It is all made up, no foundation in any kind of real magick or witch craft.

Do you understand what bias and exageration are?  "The gospel coalition"?  Really?

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Actually, I think all Wicca is an extension of Alister Crowley's imagination.  It is all made up, no foundation in any kind of real magick or witch craft.

Do you understand what bias and exageration are?  "The gospel coalition"?  Really?

I must be getting senil, I can't beleive I made mistake like that. 

Thanks for setting me straight.

8 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Happy Halloween @Manwon Lender!

I have no spells :’( 

Lol. All g though. 

Thanks and the same to you.

Tale care.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 6:50 PM, Manwon Lender said:

You are certainly right the term Wicca only go's back to the 1950s, it is an extension of Witchcraft and Paganism. Wicca doesn't have a formal governing body, so Wicca Covens practice the religion in different ways. Some practice paganism, some incorporate Witchcraft into their beliefs, and some practice no so called Majic at all.

http://wiccaliving.com/wicca-witches-difference/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That, right up there.
I have been chuckling reading this thread. Since 22 months ago, I have been on a "Spiritual Journey", for better lack of explaining. Many, many, many Pagan / Heathen / Norse Mythology books have been read, and still reading. Many new friends, Pagan, Asatru, Heathen, Wiccan.

Kind of want to share this thread with them, for laughs.

Rashore gets it too :)

Sully Erna, the lead singer of Godsmack, has acknowledged he is a practicing Wiccan. Critics have called him a devil worshipper, to which he has said: “We also don't worship Satan; he is a Christian creation and they can keep him. Wicca doesn't work with fear.

• Like 2