Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK General Election -

bee

10 minutes ago, bee said:

no I haven't changed my tune and you seem to be just making stuff up.... for some reason...

your reply doesn't even make sense

Which bit are you struggling with? I'll try and simplify it for you. 

3 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Some news...

"Brexit Party under investigation for 'failing to hand over personal data'

"An investigation into Nigel Farage's party has been launched by the Information Commissioner's Office."

At Sky: https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-party-under-investigation-for-failing-to-hand-over-personal-data-11864790

usual shenanigans no doubt - the Brexit Party know they have to be squeaky clean because the Establishment
and cohorts are ready to pounce on anything and everything - and inspection  of the article from the Anti Brexit
Sky News shows what it's all about.....  collusion to try to damage the Farage and the Brexit Party.... 

re some  tweets.... and 'weaponizing' the data protection law...

However, some did suggest Subject Access Requests could be used to interfere with the Brexit Party's work.

"European GDPR rules can be weaponised to stop political parties using our data to manipulate us," wrote one on 8 May.

"If a thousand people demanded to see all their data, any organisation would be very busy, to say the least..."

Under data protection law, an organisation does not have to respond to requests that are "manifestly unfounded or excessive".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

The guy has spent his life out on the political fringes due to some pretty wacko policies.

He is strong (I will give him that) because he has kept going despite a lot of grief from his MPs. But his policies will not do Britain any good. We need to keep our nuclear deterrent, we need a strong military to shape the world in our interests, and we need a dynamic innovative efficient and adaptable economy to maximise our wealth.

The idealists like him, but we dont live in an ideal world. We have a scarcity of resources, we have enemies whether they be terrorists or state players, and we are in competition with every other country in our globalised markets. His brand of politics and economics will not work in this day and age.

He is a dangerous fool.

I'm not making a judgement one way or another on Corbyn himself and the Labour Party policies under his leadership....
just saying that if he had given strong support to leaving the EU properly he wouldn't be in danger of loosing
large numbers of working class voters - but he's caught between a rock and a hard place really
because the Labour Party is now more a party for Left leaning Middle Class Intelligentsia and they
would favour remain so he has tried to do a juggling act and sit on the fence... as much as possible..
like.... leaving but not leaving :wacko:

Before I forget...

for anyone who's interested... starts at 8pm...

[apparently after loosing the legal challenge to be included in the debate Jo Swinson and Ian Blackford
are planning to storm the stage and make a speech anyway... :ph34r:.... sorry I just made that up to add a bit of
excitement to the whole thing..... ^_^ ]  

Live from Salford in Greater Manchester, Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn go head to head in their first TV debate. Both will set out how they would break the political deadlock and heal a divided nation. The debate is moderated by Julie Etchingham. Immediately after the debate, stay watching for a special programme with reaction and analysis of the head-to-head.

Edited by bee
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, bee said:

Before I forget...

for anyone who's interested... starts at 8pm...

[apparently after loosing the legal challenge to be included in the debate Jo Swinson and Ian Blackford
are planning to storm the stage and make a speech anyway... :ph34r:.... sorry I just made that up to add a bit of
excitement to the whole thing..... ^_^ ]  

Live from Salford in Greater Manchester, Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn go head to head in their first TV debate. Both will set out how they would break the political deadlock and heal a divided nation. The debate is moderated by Julie Etchingham. Immediately after the debate, stay watching for a special programme with reaction and analysis of the head-to-head.

Tories pretend to be factchecking service during leaders’ debate

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/19/tories-tweet-anti-labour-posts-under-factcheckuk-brand

Just how desperate are the Tories? 

And how thick do they think people are? 

• Like 2

A Yougov poll on the ITV debate shows Boris with a narrow win with 51% saying he performed better and 49% for Corbyn. Other results - 

https://order-order.com/2019/11/19/yougov-boris-narrowly-wins-debate/#disqus_thread 

YouGov / Sky News

Post debate scores

Trustworthy
Corbyn 45
Johnson 40

Prime ministerial
Corbyn 29
Johnson 54

Likeable
Corbyn 37
Johnson 54

In touch with ordinary people
Corbyn 59
Johnson 25

1,646 GB adults who watched ITV debate   

• Thanks 1

Looking at the above numbers Labour will struggle to make inroads into the current Tory poll lead. 

Latest polls:

Kantar: CON: 45% (+7) LAB: 27% (-) LDEM: 16% (-1) BREX: 2% (-7)
YouGov: CON: 42% (-3 LAB: 30% (+2) LDEM: 15% (-) BREX: 4% (-)

Survation preference for PM: Boris: 47% (+6) Corbyn: 16% (-2) Swinson: 15% (-6)

God... what can you say about last night.... :wacko: 

Julie Etchingham.... Thank you Mr Johnson, Mr Johnson, thank you, thank you...... Boris keeps on talking...

Julie Etchingham... Thank you Mr Corbyn, thank you, Mr Corbyn thank you.... Jeremy keeps on talking...

x nearly every time they answered a question... to be honest I couldn't watch it all it was doing my head in..

Then the other prog at 10 with the other Leaders... Nicola Sturgeon is convinced that Scotland would still be
an Independent country as a member of the EU... because if you went to France or Spain and asked
people on the street if they were an independent country or not they would say.... of course we are....

like... yeah we get it....the public are kept in the dark as the EU Super State moves stealthily towards
practically irreversible dominance / dictatorship...

Jo Swinson has the persona of an over enthusiastic Head Girl at school...

Nige did well and looked relaxed... it's noted that ITV put up a Crazy Nutter type photo of him at
the beginning of his introduction... FFS... can't they just give us a break for a millisecond once
in a while... 

Then I was too tired to listen to the Green  representative...but I expect they went on about climate
change and pollution a lot... (probably without mentioning China and India).......

8 minutes ago, bee said:

God... what can you say about last night.... :wacko: 

Julie Etchingham.... Thank you Mr Johnson, Mr Johnson, thank you, thank you...... Boris keeps on talking...

Julie Etchingham... Thank you Mr Corbyn, thank you, Mr Corbyn thank you.... Jeremy keeps on talking...

x nearly every time they answered a question... to be honest I couldn't watch it all it was doing my head in..

Then the other prog at 10 with the other Leaders... Nicola Sturgeon is convinced that Scotland would still be
an Independent country as a member of the EU... because if you went to France or Spain and asked
people on the street if they were an independent country or not they would say.... of course we are....

like... yeah we get it....the public are kept in the dark as the EU Super State moves stealthily towards
practically irreversible dominance / dictatorship...

Jo Swinson has the persona of an over enthusiastic Head Girl at school...

Nige did well and looked relaxed... it's noted that ITV put up a Crazy Nutter type photo of him at
the beginning of his introduction... FFS... can't they just give us a break for a millisecond once
in a while... 

Then I was too tired to listen to the Green  representative...but I expect they went on about climate
change and pollution a lot... (probably without mentioning China and India).......

Did anyone ask her about her husbands company?

11 hours ago, Setton said:

Just how desperate are the Tories? 

And how thick do they think people are? 

Not too desperate, they're riding high in the polls.

Well they voted for Tony Blair twice.

4 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Did anyone ask her about her husbands company?

I think one of the audience tried to, but they were quickly tasered and we just saw their
legs disappearing as they were dragged out of camera shot....... :innocent:

Edited by bee
  • Haha 1

Im gonna chime in here are say that ever since Boris became PM, British politics has become boring and so has this sub-forum. Please bring back goofy silly Boris and get rid of pretend mature Johnson.  

9 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Im gonna chime in here are say that ever since Boris became PM, British politics has become boring and so has this sub-forum. Please bring back goofy silly Boris and get rid of pretend mature Johnson.  

And yet, still a better option than Corbyn & :-

7efc9ad8287ef197652b89023239d199e0560e7a0e3a986157f932916502ab13.jpg.29398254dc26c29c0493786b646962f6.jpg

I tried to find a picture of her with her mouth shut...no luck.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

6 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

yeah cus Theresa May was really interesting and exciting and even ran through a cornfield once
when she was a girl.... ^_^

3 minutes ago, bee said:

yeah cus Theresa May was really interesting and exciting and even ran through a cornfield once

She was as good at being PM as she was at dancing.

8 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

And yet, still a better option than Corbyn & :-

7efc9ad8287ef197652b89023239d199e0560e7a0e3a986157f932916502ab13.jpg.29398254dc26c29c0493786b646962f6.jpg

I tried to find a picture of her with her mouth shut...no luck.

What has what i wrote got anything to do with Corbyn ? Im talking about goofy, bad hair, naturally gifted dingbat Boris entertaining us all with his antics and half truths. I miss that alright. 

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

What has what i wrote got anything to do with Corbyn ? Im talking about goofy, bad hair, naturally gifted dingbat Boris entertaining us all with his antics and half truths. I miss that alright. 

Talking of half truths, what's your PM up to these days?

6 minutes ago, bee said:

She did ? May wasn't interesting but Boris, and the rest of the ultra right wing nutters like Farage and whats his face the dude that looks like he should be wearing a brown shirt. They made British politics fun to comment on. Now its all boring. 

Overall I had the Leaders Debate as a draw - not much worth talking about really

Corbyn faired badly for not answering Brexit question and failed to attack Open goals and the 4 day week is not an instant seller.

Boris poor on  even if not properly challenged on the 'backstop' solution and trustworthiness, and did his usual rambling.

PS Boris must not be allowed to talk at home.....

Edited by RAyMO
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Talking of half truths, what's your PM up to these days?

Don't get me started. What a knob he is. My country is run by party yes men. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

She did ? May wasn't interesting but Boris, and the rest of the ultra right wing nutters like Farage and whats his face the dude that looks like he should be wearing a brown shirt. They made British politics fun to comment on. Now its all boring. 

Looks like you've got your own 'ultra right wing nutter' to deal with back home.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-49887733

21 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Well, the alternative to Boris (the only one that wants to honour the referendum vote) is a card carrying marxist with terrorist sympathies that wants to take us back to the 1970s & a woman whos husbands company was funded to the tune of 3,5million euros & mysteriously now wants to ignore the british public & cancel Brexit.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Corbyn faired badly for not answering Brexit question

he really has perfected the art of fence sitting when it comes to Brexit...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Looks like you've got your own 'ultra right wing nutter' to deal with back home.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-49887733

Alexander Downer was at one time our foreign minister. The guy started the whole Mueller inquiry by having a drink with Trump aid George Papadopoulos and secretly recorded the conversation and passed it on to ASIO who then passed it on to American authorities starting off the Russian affair. So Trump wants revenge and asking our PM to get names and prolly twitter accounts so Trump can get even. Would i call Scott Morrison a right wing nutter ? No. But he is a Christian fundamentalist. Maybe that is the same thing.   

11 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Boris poor on  even if not properly challenged on the 'backstop' solution and trustworthiness, and did his usual rambling.

"thank you Mr Johnson (ramble ramble) thank you thank you (ramble) thank you Mr Johnson
thank you (ramble)  thank you Mr Johnson, thank you... t  h   a   n   k   y   o   u.... (r    a   m   b   l   e)

:D

• Haha 1