Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK General Election -

bee

56 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

If 52% of the population went on strike I`m pretty sure we would be having a No-Deal Brexit within a matter of days.

it would just be like a brexit

13 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

If 52% of the population went on strike I`m pretty sure we would be having a No-Deal Brexit within a matter of days.

Whereas if 48% of the population went on strike, there would obviously be minimal impact. 

Bottom line is, most people just don't care about Brexit as much as the fanatics. 

13 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

This should be fun -  The Andrew Neil interviews. Nicola Sturgeon. bbc1 7:30 tonight. 

I haven't watched it yet, myself, but here it is for anyone who's interested...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Whereas if 48% of the population went on strike, there would obviously be minimal impact. 

Bottom line is, most people just don't care about Brexit as much as the fanatics. 

Nice Orwellian Doublespeak....

that you consider it to be fanatical to oppose what boils down to a Bureaucratic Dictatorship...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Spending almost 4 years trying to overturn a democratic election result seems the very definition of 'fanatical'

But hey, the great unwashed uneducated racist lower classes didn't know what they were voting for did they? best leave important decisions like that to educated middle class people like yourself in future, yes? 

And giving women the vote......what were they thinking?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Spending almost 4 years trying to overturn a democratic election result seems the very definition of 'fanatical'

But hey, the great unwashed uneducated racist lower classes didn't know what they were voting for did they? best leave important decisions like that to educated middle class people like yourself in future, yes? 

And giving women the vote......what were they thinking?

Love the determination to label me middle class :lol:

You're confusing 'successful' and 'intelligent' with 'middle class' again. 

Incidentally, no I don't think voting should be limited to educated or middle class people. However, there might be an argument for limiting it to intelligent people. 

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Love the determination to label me middle class :lol:

You're confusing 'successful' and 'intelligent' with 'middle class' again. 

Incidentally, no I don't think voting should be limited to educated or middle class people. However, there might be an argument for limiting it to intelligent people

I think that's called 'a contradiction in terms'

8 hours ago, bee said:

I haven't watched it yet, myself, but here it is for anyone who's interested...

A decent interview by Neil but there were other questions he could have asked. 

One of the better points he made was about a confirmatory referendum in Scotland.

Sturgeon supports this idea for brexit, a second peoples vote, but not for her own IndyRef2. Sturgeon had no answer for that and then blamed brexit.:rolleyes:

What I would like to know is why she thinks it is reasonable for a Scottish leader with limited devolved powers to think she can dictate UK defence policy?

Sturgeon insists that an SNP red line for working with Corbyn would be scrapping Trident. The Labour manifesto includes a pledge to renew the Trident nuclear deterrent so if it was scraped it would be entirely down to her own views on UK defence policy and a weak Labour government having to implement an SNP policy. 

Given SNP could not organise UK defence policy unilaterally why does Sturgeon think she can insist on this with a Lab/SNP pact ? 

There should be a limit on what SNP can ask for in a Lab/SNP government based on existing powers granted to the devolved Scottish government, these powers are only for setting selected policy's in Scotland.

SNP are technically within their rights to seek another Referendum but not scrap Trident, a major part of the UK's military assets. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50536460

Edited by L.A.T.1961
link

3 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I think that's called 'a contradiction in terms'

No, it isn't. 

Intelligent and educated are not synonymous. I know some exceptionally clueless oxbridge graduates and some extremely intelligent post GCSE drop outs. 

Corbyn interview on Andrew neil. Doesn't get more horrific. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

No one would notice.

Exactly. All retired already. Going by their remain protest march pictures. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Corbyn interview on Andrew neil. Doesn't get more horrific. 

Dementia tax election blunder Labour party style. 

But to sum up -

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Exactly. All retired already. Going by their remain protest march pictures. 

Yeah, yeah, and the leave voters are all on benefits so no one would notice there either :rolleyes:

The Tories have maintained a 12 point lead over Labour according to a seven-day average of polls

The round-up puts Boris Johnson's Conservative Party at 43 per cent, with Labour in second on 31. Meanwhile the Lib Dems are set for 15 per cent, Brexit Party 4 and the Green's 3%. 

The figures, compiled by PA Media, come the day after voting registration closed ahead of the vote on December 12. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/general-election-polls-tracker-tory-lead-still-in-double-figures-as-labour-lags-behind-a4298341.html 

Meanwhile a separate poll by Pro-Eu group Best for Britain of predicted seats has put the Conservatives on course to win 366 seats

The campaign group’s data, released today, would give the Tories a majority of 92, with Labour coming in second with 199 predicted seats. The polling analysis was conducted by Focaldata and is based on a sample size of almost 40,000 British adults.

It is the first poll analysis to adjust for the impact of the Brexit Party not standing candidates in 317 Tory-held constituencies.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/27/election-poll-shows-gap-labour-tories-narrow-11228457/ 

• Like 2

wow, imagine if those polls are correct. not only will we achieve Brexit, but we'll also take the politics of the Remainers and rub their nose in it.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

wow, imagine if those polls are correct. not only will we achieve Brexit, but we'll also take the politics of the Remainers and rub their nose in it.

The SNP manifesto launch earlier today was funny.

Sturgeon got put on the spot with her comments about Boris by the media asking her for solid examples and couldn't deal with it. From that point onwards she looked all talk and no substance.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

I do like to be magnanimous in victory but it would be hard given the antics of remain parties since the brexit vote. ;) 

Lib Dems seem to be regretting there stop brexit/revoke A50 plan as the expected surge in polling has not materialised, keeping their focus on another referendum might have let them hang on to their bigger polling numbers from a few weeks ago. 

The trouble is LibDems believe there own spin that most brexit voters have now changed their minds or died. :rolleyes:

Although SNP have now jumped into the same trap with a stop brexit message on display at their manifesto launch. 

Sturgeon might be regretting that in a few weeks. 

Borish Johnson says he'll support women! :rofl:

On 11/26/2019 at 9:50 PM, Setton said:

Yeah, yeah, and the leave voters are all on benefits so no one would notice there either :rolleyes:

See.....class war.

3 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

See.....class war.

He started with the stereotypes. If you can't take it and all that. 

P. S. Still not middle class. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

So which party is poised to win the general election ?

:D