Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK General Election -

bee

When are the full results announced typically?

Lib Dem President..... "we're still determined to stop Brexit..." :unsure2:

just in.... Con gain in Peterborough !!!

After the shenanigans of the last By Election I'm glad about that...

At the moment it looks like the British public are generally supporting Brexit
(although reports are saying SNP expected to do well in Scotland)

Rejecting a 2nd referendum

Moving away from Remaining

I would love to be a fly on the wall where ever Tony Blair and his little coterie are... :D  

• Like 3

Lab Hold in Hartlepool...... but combined Con and Brexit Party was Leave Majority...

This is an example of the split vote that was feared and that Farage kept to a minimum
by pulling vast numbers of BP candidates out...

Brexit Party Chairman Richard Tice did well and it's a shame he didn't win but there you go...
Hopefully he will continue in the new 'Reform Party' if that gets off the ground..

edit... getting tired again now so Good Night All...

Edited by bee

The Guardian is blaming Putin? Say it isn't so. :rolleyes: #BlamePutin 

Anyway, so does this significantly increase the chances of a Brexit? That, after all, was what this was all about almost entirely. #BrexRef2 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Like 2

I also wonder if it wasn't a protest against the Extinction Rebellion nutjobs, who were on the whole, probably not pro-Conservative, and all this" abandon the use of fossil fuels by 2030!" hysteria.  . 

Perhaps it was also a referendum on the people's opinion of Saint Greta. 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Like 1

I am SO pleased with this result. It appears that Boris now has a parliamentary majority of 70+ seats (two constituencies have yet to declare). 

Brexit here we come :)

Wasn't it interesting though ? The two big anti-Brexit parties lost seats (Labour and the Lib Dems), and the ONLY pro-Brexit party (the conservatives) made huge gains. It was like @stevewinn posted earlier; this was - effectively - the "Second Referendum" on Brexit. And the final one. 

I'm so happeeeee... I'm so happeeee... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I also wonder if it wasn't a protest against the Extinction Rebellion nutjobs, who were on the whole, probably not pro-Conservative, and all this" abandon the use of fossil fuels by 2030!" hysteria.  . 

Perhaps it was also a referendum on the people's opinion of Saint Greta. 

you could be right there.... and the Public are not impressed with the Middle Class Intelligentsia
and their children preaching and causing trouble ... even though it looks like they are having fun
and enjoying themselves on the streets, feeling all superior while at the same time being scared
half to death about the end of the  world being nigh...

I would expect the Extinction Rebellion families to be a mixture of Labour, Lib Dem and Green...
voters and your average Joe Public would not want them to have power.... 

and of course supporting Brexit was paramount - and Corbyn thought he could just sit on the fence
with it....... but turns out he couldn't at the end of the day....

oh and just want to say that re the Extinction Rebellion basically wanting to get rid of cars ... or at
least make them all go electric...... one of the aspects of the 5G 'roll out' is that when in place I'm
guessing it would be aiming to get rid of privately owned cars......... and that's what the Driverless Cars
thing is all about... but people love their cars and the independence to go where they want, when they want....
so the 5G promoters will not be filling 'little' details like that in until it's all in place..and too late to oppose..

but I digress.... 

• Like 4

You have to say that Boris played a blinder and I was pleased that he spoke about
previous Labour supporters 'loaning' him their vote and he was humbled that they had
put their trust in him - because he gambled that he could do it without making an alliance
with the Brexit Party (which I was disappointed about).... and Leavers went with
Conservatives, on the whole, rather than risk loosing Brexit ......

apparently Labour voters switching in this election because of Brexit.... were saying they
were voting for BORIS..... rather than voting for the Conservative Party... I think his kind
of messy haired, bumbling eccentric image has meant that Labour voters could stomach voting
Tory..... the British rather like eccentricity... 

they couldn't do it for Theresa May but they could do it for Boris...

Edited by bee
spelling

On 12/11/2019 at 2:54 PM, quillius said:

i have my money on 370 seats +.......

that was the shortest price.... the bookies are generally the wisest and rarely get it too far wrong

so close but yet so far!

still not all bad...at least Corbyn didnt get in with his band of clowns....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, quillius said:

so close but yet so far!

still not all bad...at least Corbyn didnt get in with his band of clowns....

ouch

condolences about your bet....

soooooo

Jo Swinson, LibDem leader lost her seat to the SNP....

And DUP Deputy Leader lost his seat in North Belfast to Sinn Fein...

Nicola Sturgeon (SNP Leader) is going to be insufferable for the foreseeable future...

she is just obsessed with getting Scotland out of the UK and is in complete denial
about what being a member of the EU is.... she is kidding herself that nations who
are in the EU are independent... I think she is now so blinkered about it she will just
push and push... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, bee said:

Nicola Sturgeon (SNP Leader) is going to be insufferable for the foreseeable future...

So no change THERE, then :P

32 minutes ago, bee said:

she is just obsessed with getting Scotland out of the UK and is in complete denial
about what being a member of the EU is.... she is kidding herself that nations who
are in the EU are independent... I think she is now so blinkered about it she will just
push and push... 

She was asked this question on the PM program a few days ago... and the 'ummed' and "ahh'd" and basically fudged give any real answer. In terms of Scottish Independence, this would be very much "out of the frying pan and into the fire".  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bee said:

General election 2019: What is the result in my area? (BBC link)

as I expected Conservative, Rachel Maclean won where I live ... 
we are in a strong Leave area.... (West Midlands)

'Stunned' - Rachel Maclean wins Redditch by more than 16,000 votes

My constituency (Newark) saw the Tories getting almost three times as many votes as 2nd-place Labour. 

The LibDems increased their vote share, as did the conservatives (by a tiny amount)

Labour was down by 6%. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

368 vs 282

Hahahaha where is @setton and @captainrisky? Where`s my party hat?

here you go...... :P

Union Jack Hat

pic

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, stevewinn said:

This was another EU referendum;

Conservatives- Leave

Labour- People vote

Liberal Democrat’s- Remain

So will people get it through their thick heads that people want to leave the EU, possibly more than they did in 2016.

Did you notice the Labour Party and Liberal Democrats failed to do Brexit project fear?

Did you notice Bercow close to tears on Sky News? I thought he would blubber, but he managed to just keep it together lol.

The Losers (Lab/Lib-Dem), on BBC (the Traitor T.V.) are now saying that this election will be doom and gloom for the working classes , WHY are they saying this , we now have democracy back on course which must be very annoying to these remainers , who wanted to live under the E.U. fascist regime . They should stop whinging and face defeat .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spud the mackem said:

The Losers (Lab/Lib-Dem), on BBC (the Traitor T.V.) are now saying that this election will be doom and gloom for the working classes , WHY are they saying this , we now have democracy back on course which must be very annoying to these remainers , who wanted to live under the E.U. fascist regime . They should stop whinging and face defeat .

No one's denying the Conservatives won. 

Doesn't make some of their supporters any less stupid. 

So Con got 364 seats.

From what I gather you need 325 for a majority.

So Cons have 39 seats worth if wiggle room for trying to pass Brexit?

Is it assumed that every other party is in the remainder group?

1 minute ago, Setton said:

No one's denying the Conservatives won. 

Doesn't make some of their supporters any less stupid. 

Does this mean that you think that the Labour supporters who wanted to leave were stupid and changed their vote from labour to tory as in T.Blair's area where he won by over 25k and the vote is now over a 4k Con majority . Stop whinging and face the facts mate . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1