Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK General Election -

bee

21 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Brexit was never not going to happen. the genie was out the bottle 17.4million people could not be ignored. MP's in parliament tried to take on the people and those that did are now forming lines at their local job centre, those that survived the mauling are left licking their wounds.

There are no road blocks left in Parliament. the people have cleared the decks. The arch remainers are gone. some jumped before the axe was swung, others where slain at the ballot box. the Beast of Bolsover is no more, Jo, poor Jo Swinson Lib Dem leader, promised to revoke Article 50, Her Constituency revoked her status as an MP, bye bye Jo, from Prime Minister in waiting to waiting to sign on. Chuka Unmunna liked musical chairs so much he went from party to party until the music stopped and he was finally chuka'd out. Then we have Dominic Grieve Agent in the field for France and EU, left grieving his failures, but no doubt he'll once again receive a French civil honour. to put with his previous one. Anna Soubry, as nutty as they come, now starring in her local theatre as the ghost of election past. all in all what a great night.

with such a whopping majority and the confidence that gives, i'd be telling the EU, your agents in the field are no more. and push for an even better deal, in fact i'd tell them here's a FTA take it or leave it. if they agree then under WTO rules we can go on trading with one another under the current circumstances for a period of upto 10 years. until the FTA is signed. solves the so called Irish problem as well.

The road a head is clear, the UK now leaves the EU.

re bolded....

pity Yvette Cooper didn't get the boot... but she NEARLY did with her share of the vote slashed..

looking at the 2017 / 2019 results a first reaction might be that the Brexit Party split the vote...
but I saw an interview with Farage where he was saying that tactically he had placed BP candidates
to take votes away from Lab not Con... and that's what could have happened here...
even though the BP didn't win a seat... they were  shoring up the Pro Brexit Party which was
the Conservative Party... Bringing Up the Rear... 

In other words.... if the Brexit Party hadn't stood in the Cooper Constituency her majority would
have been MUCH bigger... and as it was she nearly got ousted.. 

EXCLUSIVE: Nigel Farage has declared victory in the 'war for Brexit' (video 16:17)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normanton,_Pontefract_and_Castleford_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

General Election 2019: Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford[5]
Party Candidate Votes % ±
  Labour Yvette Cooper 18,297 37.9 -21.6
  Conservative Andrew Lee 17,021 35.3 +5.3
  Brexit Party Deneice Florence-Jukes 8,032 16.6 N/A
  Liberal Democrats Tom Gordon 3,147 6.5 +5.1
  Yorkshire Party Laura Walker 1,762 3.7 +0.8
Majority 1,276 2.6 -26.9
General election 2017: Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford[6][7]
  Labour Yvette Cooper 29,268 59.5 +4.6
  Conservative Andrew Lee 14,769 30.0 +9.2
  UKIP Lewis Thompson 3,030 6.2 -15.2
  Yorkshire Party Daniel Gascoigne* 1,431 2.9 +2.9
  Liberal Democrats Clarke Roberts* 693 1.4 -1.5
Majority 14,499 29.5 -4.1
Turnout 49,191 60.3 +4.7
  Labour hold Swing  
Edited by bee
  • Thanks 2

:D

Rees - Mogg..... giving it to Anna Soubry with both barrels, (in a Gentlemanly Way.... ^_^ )

In Parliament before the election...

and the Broxtowe results tell their own story..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broxtowe_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

General election 2019: Broxtowe[7]
  Conservative Darren Henry 26,602 48.1 Increase1.3
  Labour Greg Marshall 21,271 38.5 Decrease6.8
  Change UK – TIG Anna Soubry 4,668 8.5 N/A
  Green Kat Boettge 1,806 3.3 Increase2.0
  English Democrat Amy Dalla Mura 432 0.8 N/A
  Independent Teck Khong 321 0.6 N/A
  Militant Elvis Anti-HS2 David Bishop 172 0.3 N/A
Majority 5,331 9.6 Increase 8.1
Turnout 55,272 75.7 Increase 0.7
  Conservative hold Swing Increase 1.3  
General election 2017: Broxtowe [8]
  Conservative Anna Soubry[9] 25,983 46.8 Increase 1.6
  Labour Greg Marshall[10] 25,120 45.3 Increase 8.1
  Liberal Democrats Tim Hallam[11] 2,247 4.0 Increase 0.1
  UKIP Fran Loi 1,477 2.7 Decrease 8.0
  Green Pat Morton 681 1.2 Decrease 1.7
Majority 863 1.5 Decrease 6.5
Turnout 55,508 75.0 Increase 0.6
  Conservative hold Swing Decrease 3.23  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

The basic thing you need to keep in mind is I couldn’t care less...lol

You've spent many years and hours on here 'not caring less'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Setton said:

Seeing as neither of you can define it, bottom line is, patriotism is putting country before self. Just because someone believes a different path is better for the country, does not stop them being a patriot. 

But the two of you are far too cowardly to ever admit that, aren't you? 

Much easier to just malign anyone who disagrees with you as treacherous and unpatriotic. Well I've already done and given more for my country than you probably ever will. So keep your pretty words, your baseless accusations and your empty claims to patriotism. 

still trying to convince yourself hey.

It just doesn't wash, i cant believe you even type it with a straight face, listen your not convincing no-one on here, your record goes before you.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

The basic thing you need to keep in mind is I couldn’t care less...lol

Patently you do, otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time and effort to post on the topic every day for the last 3 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Patently you do, otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time and effort to post on the topic every day for the last 3 years.

of course he doesn't care, he has a total of 10,318 posts. he's contributed 7,987 posts across 21 Brexit/EU topics.

Edited by stevewinn

28 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

of course he doesn't care, he has a total of 10,318 posts. he's contributed 7,987 posts across 21 Brexit/EU topics.

Well it has t consumed me as it has you, stevewinn. I posted my views and left it at that. Unlike others that swore they’d take matters onto the street. 

so did you vote Brexit party or Tory ? Oh please tell...

43 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I’d have expected you all gracious with this election win. I’m sure we all had fun.  Instead it’s very cold and bitter in here. 

28 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Well it has t consumed me as it has you, stevewinn. I posted my views and left it at that. Unlike others that swore they’d take matters onto the street. 

so did you vote Brexit party or Tory ? Oh please tell...

For someone 10,000 miles away and not living under the system its consumed you more than it should. comparing it to me who's living under the system. well duh.

I voted for the Brexit party candidate like i repeatedly said i would. (like i pointed out before the election i live in a labour stronghold, and was relying on the rest of the country to bring home the bacon and they sure did, the Country is Blue)

Result for my constituency.

• Labour 34,177
  • Tory 4,133
  • Brexit Party 2,012
  • Liberal Party 1,826
  • Liberal Democrats 1,296
  • Green 605.

Vote Share.

• LAB Labour 77.6%
  • CON Conservative 9.4%
  • BRX The Brexit Party 4.6%
  • LIB Liberal Party 4.2%
  • LD Liberal Democrat 2.9%
  • GRN Green 1.4%

uk-general-election-results-157618194449

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, stevewinn said:

For someone 10,000 miles away and not living under the system its consumed you more than it should. comparing it to me who's living under the system. well duh.

I voted for the Brexit party candidate like i repeatedly said i would. (like i pointed out before the election i live in a labour stronghold, and was relying on the rest of the country to bring home the bacon and they sure did)

Result for my constituency.

• Labour 34,177
  • Tory 4,133
  • Brexit Party 2,012
  • Liberal Party 1,826
  • Liberal Democrats 1,296
  • Green 605.

Vote Share.

• LAB Labour 77.6%
  • CON Conservative 9.4%
  • BRX The Brexit Party 4.6%
  • LIB Liberal Party 4.2%
  • LD Liberal Democrat 2.9%
  • GRN Green 1.4%

Ah right... so the boys want some pay back...lol. Yeah sure steve, like i need to live in the UK to have an opinion. So your party didn't win. It didn't even pick up a single seat. Thats what hard brexit means to most i guess. To be honest i thought Labour were lucky token get the votes they did. Labour will be banished into the wasteland for a long time. who knows maybe your constituency might end up voting tory in future. 

• Confused 1

Greens down the bottom,...wonderful, same as AU, (as above so below).

I guess the Green Industrial Revolver and rampant immigration to cover, heavy industry leaving, and a recession, has shone through.

^_^

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Ah right... so the boys want some pay back...lol. Yeah sure steve, like i need to live in the UK to have an opinion. So your party didn't win. It didn't even pick up a single seat. Thats what hard brexit means to most i guess. To be honest i thought Labour were lucky token get the votes they did. Labour will be banished into the wasteland for a long time. who knows maybe your constituency might end up voting tory in future. 

It seems i understand our system better than you do.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

It seems i understand our system better than you do.

Yes you do, mate. 

• Thanks 1

So Boris wins with big majority - promises end to austerity and legislation on NHS spending - fair enough most can live with that if he does it.

Promises his deal will be ratified - good for NI if he does it - Not better than no Brexit - but better than the alternative.

Promises a deal within 1 year - this is where his difficulties will arise - the quicker the deal, assuming he wants Free Trade - the more the alignment. But his majority means he can ignore the ERG so its possible.

NI elections were fun to watch. DUP slamming Boris at every opportunity but heads were low, once it was clear they'd have no influence in the UK parliament.

In Northern Ireland:

DUP lost 2 seats out of 10 and failed to win seat vacated by Lady Hermon which had been predicted a 'shoo in'. Dodds, deputy leader and seen as pivotal in aligning DUP with Brexit, lost seat to Sinn Fein. DUP blamed this on a "Pan Nationalist Front" as nationalists only put up 1 candidate against Dodds. The charge however is slightly hollow as Dodds was the only Unionist candidate in the constituency.

Sinn Fein stayed on same number of seats despite gaining Dodds seat, they lost a seat to the SDLP.

Overall vote share of both DUP and Sinn Fein fell. DUP punished for Brexit and blocking local assembly, Sinn Fein punished for not taking seats and blocking local assembly.

SDLP (nationalist) did well getting 2 seats, and Alliance (non aligned) did well 1 seat, underlining their growing strength in NI politics. 

Overall return: (18 seats): DUP 8, SF 7, SDLP 2, Alliance 1. Which is 9 Nationalist, 8 Unionist and 1 Non aligned. As the Tory pundit on the local TV panel pointed out, this is the first time ever that Unionists have not returned a majority of seats in the UK elections and the first time more Nationalists have been returned than Unionists. This follows from the recent  EU elections when for the first time Unionists did not win the majority of the seats.

Unionism is once again at a cross roads.

What will the Impact be:

1. Boris will ignore Unionists and fire ahead with his brexit;
  2. The local assembly will get up and running - neither the DUP nor SF will want the alternative - facing the electorate for assembly elections in the Spring.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh just to add Not surprisingly Corbyn hasn't the grace to admit his personal contribution to Labour demise, Nor has the integrity to stand down with immediate effect.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

So Boris wins with big majority - promises end to austerity and legislation on NHS spending - fair enough most can live with that if he does it.

Promises his deal will be ratified - good for NI if he does it - Not better than no Brexit - but better than the alternative.

Promises a deal within 1 year - this is where his difficulties will arise - the quicker the deal, assuming he wants Free Trade - the more the alignment. But his majority means he can ignore the ERG so its possible.

NI elections were fun to watch. DUP slamming Boris at every opportunity but heads were low, once it was clear they'd have no influence in the UK parliament.

In Northern Ireland:

DUP lost 2 seats out of 10 and failed to win seat vacated by Lady Harmon which had been predicted a shoo in. Dodds, deputy leader and seen as pivotal in aligning DUP with Brexit, lost seat to Sinn Fein. DUP blamed this on a "Pan Nationalist Front" as nationalists only put up 1 candidate against Dodds. The charge however is slightly hollow as Dodds was the only Unionist candidate in the constituency.

Sinn Fein stayed on same number of seats despite gaining Dodds seat, they lost a seat to the SDLP.

Overall vote share of both DUP and Sinn Fein fell. DUP punished for Brexit and blocking local assembly, Sinn Fein punished for not taking seats and blocking local assembly.

SDLP (nationalist) did well getting 2 seats, and Alliance (non aligned) did well 1 seat, underlining their growing strength in NI politics. 

Overall return: (18 seats): DUP 8, SF 7, SDLP 2, Alliance 1. Which is 9 Nationalist, 8 Unionist and 1 Non aligned. As the Tory pundit on the local TV panel pointed out, this is the first time ever that Unionists have not returned a majority of seats in the UK elections and the first time more Nationalists have been returned than Unionists. This follows from the recent  EU elections when for the first time Unionists did not win the majority of the seats.

Unionism is once again at a cross roads.

What will the Impact be:

1. Boris will ignore Unionists and fire ahead with his brexit;
  2. The local assembly will get up and running - neither the DUP nor SF will want the alternative - facing the electorate for assembly elections in the Spring.

Boris has been handed a game changer by the people. take that game changer to Brussels and hammer it home.

The EU as changed tactic in the face of Boris's election victory,  Ursula von der Leyen is already on the record to propose an extension to our leaving. she wants the UK to remain until 2021. and She and other EU27 leaders said their top priority would be to maintain a "level playing field" between the EU and the U.K. — in an effort to prevent economic competition from undermining regulatory standards or putting the bloc at other disadvantages. "Our goal is we aim at zero tariffs, zero quotas, zero dumping,"

in light of this Boris should Tell the EU they can have the extension to their trading status with the UK all they have to do is agree to the UKs offer of a FTA.

But seriously EU contemplating asking the UK for an extension now, because they know the UK isn't going to ask for one, The sooner that the EU get it into their thick skulls that the dream of keeping the UK in the EU is over, that negotiations are a 2 way street and that they no longer call the shots, things might move a lot faster than many people think, in 2018 the UK had an overall Trade Deficit with the EU of some -£66 Billion - That does not seem like a very level playing field to me. The EU are sh!t scared of the UK being successful outside the EU ( for multiple reasons ) and Johnson should hammer that home to them.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Boris has been handed a game changer by the people. take that game changer to Brussels and hammer it home.

The EU as changed tactic in the face of Boris's election victory,  Ursula von der Leyen is already on the record to propose an extension to our leaving. she wants the UK to remain until 2021. and She and other EU27 leaders said their top priority would be to maintain a "level playing field" between the EU and the U.K. — in an effort to prevent economic competition from undermining regulatory standards or putting the bloc at other disadvantages. "Our goal is we aim at zero tariffs, zero quotas, zero dumping,"

in light of this Boris should Tell the EU they can the extension to their trading status with the UK all they have to do is agree to the UKs offer of a FTA.

But seriously EU contemplating asking the UK for an extension now, because they know the UK isn't going to as for one, The sooner that the EU get it into their thick skulls that the dream of keeping the UK in the EU is over, that negotiations are a 2 way street and that they no longer call the shots, things might move a lot faster than many people think, in 2018 the UK had an overall Trade Deficit with the EU of some -£66 Billion - That does not seem like a very level playing field to me. The EU are sh!t scared of the UK being successful outside the EU ( for multiple reasons ) and Johnson should hammer that home to them.

The next 12 months will be different, interesting, and probably as contentious as the last 3 years.

Probably a lot more life life in these EU/Brexit boards.

Edited by RAyMO

5 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

The next 12 months will be different, interesting, and probably as contentious as the last 3 years.

Probably a lot more life life in these EU/Brexit boards.

i think your probably right, but at least now the Tory govt leading a majority in Parliament means they will not only be in the driving seat, but in control of the pedals, gears handbrake, gone are the back-seat unruly passengers from meddling with the gears, handbrake and trying to wrestle the steering wheel. 

Its a Brexit UK EU conversation now, and the EU understands this. i bet the EU rue the day they never give Cameron his token reforms in 2015.

12 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

i bet the EU rue the day they never give Cameron his token reforms in 2015.

Indeed.

• Like 1

Im no Corbyn fan by any measure, but I am against everything Boris Johnson represents.. What is, however, abundantly clear is the fact there has been a MASSIVE smear campaign against Corbyn, which should be obvious to anyone with a semblance of clarity. That is to say, anyone not completely drowned in the pro / anti Brexit or Labour / Tories partisanship.

For the record, I am pro Brexit, but vehemently anti Johnson.

Someone Interfered In The UK Election, And It Wasn’t Russia

How the UK military and intelligence establishment is working to stop Jeremy Corbyn becoming prime minister

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Same pattern over and over, US, AU, and now UK, (well now again) all kicking the Greens into the cesspool and giving Labor a leaking boat.

Labor after losing also bleated on about keeping their 100% renewable, 100% electric, and 100% statewide power blackouts, beliefs going, and are now slowly ditching it, in AU, New Zealand is still digging a hole, but also has this impractical or insane ideal, that will get it voted out eventually, (just like the UK, one, the poor will only take so much, skipping meals and burning books to stay warm crap) before turning liberal.

The world has had enough of this demented ideal, and is voting out the crazies, (definition of crazies are individuals who ignore facts, or ignore their own incompetence).

Germany should be next, they are in pretty bad shape.

^_^

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Setton said:

Seeing as neither of you can define it, bottom line is, patriotism is putting country before self. Just because someone believes a different path is better for the country, does not stop them being a patriot. 

But the two of you are far too cowardly to ever admit that, aren't you? 

Much easier to just malign anyone who disagrees with you as treacherous and unpatriotic. Well I've already done and given more for my country than you probably ever will. So keep your pretty words, your baseless accusations and your empty claims to patriotism. 

What country? Under you distorted version of patriotism what country would remain for you to love?

And its not us two are the minority, its your side. Look how poorly your Liberal Democrat party did. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Just so you know my constituency didnt have a Brexit Party candidate because they were targeting Labour heartlands to split their vote.

The idea being that in Labour strongholds people wouldnt vote Tory even if they were leavers. So the Brexit Party was to be their leave option. The Brexit Party got over 600,000 votes helping the Tories to squeeze out the Labour Party in a number of vital areas. We all like Nigel Farage (except your unpatriotic kind) and we sincerely hope all his hard work is rewarded after we have left with a Lordship. In fact, as a Tory party member myself the popular view inside the party is that he should be made a lord and given a position on the Brexit cabinet as a reward. Most of us are thankful for Nigel Farage and what a character he has been!

Now time for you to admit where you live and where you come from. I`m not convinced you are British and living in the United Kingdom.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:

Im no Corbyn fan by any measure, but I am against everything Boris Johnson represents.. What is, however, abundantly clear is the fact there has been a MASSIVE smear campaign against Corbyn, which should be obvious to anyone with a semblance of clarity. That is to say, anyone not completely drowned in the pro / anti Brexit or Labour / Tories partisanship.

For the record, I am pro Brexit, but vehemently anti Johnson.

Someone Interfered In The UK Election, And It Wasn’t Russia

How the UK military and intelligence establishment is working to stop Jeremy Corbyn becoming prime minister

I see some shallow reactions, laughs and what not.. Care to actually respond with some logical input and on content, as I understand those who reacted do not agree with the, to me, obvious fact Corbyn has been smeared by the MSM ad naseum?

Boris moving on the promises he made. (so much for selling it)

image.png.5b469ebc269eba6aa5928a6e4a50c97a.png

image.png.3dae84273d65c1b5dcafb52ca69e07ca.png