Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK General Election -


bee
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, bee said:

 

Don't you think that with the right MPs it could be made available and put back on the table again... ?

Seeing as it is essentially what was voted for in the referendum..?

I see the logistics.... but I don't think I can stomach voting for a Deal / Treaty that could be actually
worse than Remaining... ie less control than before because we won't be part of the decision making
process....but still tied firmly to the EU one way or another...

At the moment I'm intending to vote for the Brexit Party...

I trust Nigel Farage on this more than I trust Boris Johnson - 
And if the consequence is Corbyn in Number 10... so be it...

Boris will be to blame for not making an alliance with the Brexit Party... 

IMO

 

 

 

Seconded.

They're the only ones that have been honest through this whole debacle.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, bee said:

 

Don't you think that with the right MPs it could be made available and put back on the table again... ?

Seeing as it is essentially what was voted for in the referendum..?

I see the logistics.... but I don't think I can stomach voting for a Deal / Treaty that could be actually
worse than Remaining... ie less control than before because we won't be part of the decision making
process....but still tied firmly to the EU one way or another...

At the moment I'm intending to vote for the Brexit Party...

I trust Nigel Farage on this more than I trust Boris Johnson - 
And if the consequence is Corbyn in Number 10... so be it...

Boris will be to blame for not making an alliance with the Brexit Party... 

IMO

 

 

 

I agree, with the right MP's they could, but is Brois going to campaign on the slogan of his Brexit deal? will he mention No Deal while out campaigning?

I'll be voting Brexit party also, but i dont run the risk of splitting the Leave vote. I'd love Labour to lose out to the Brexit party in a number of seats. 6 seats would do.

But if we take the latest poll:

  • Con 38%
  • Lab 24%
  • Lib Dem 18%
  • Brexit Party 11%
  • Green 4%

this with projected seats.

  • Con 38%  399 seats. +81 from 2017 election.
  • Lab 24%  154 seats.  -108.
  • Lib Dem 18%  27 seats. +15.
  • Brexit Party 11% 0 seats. +0
  • Green 4% 1 seat. +0.

Giving the Tories 148 Majority.

I cant see that being the case, 148 majority. with even half them numbers the Tory party could have us leaving with No deal if they choose as they wouldnt need to garner votes from elsewhere.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What happened to "if Brexit doesn't happen on Oct 31 as promised, I personally will lead an armed insurrection in the streets"?

I know, it was probably too wet & Windy. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

What happened to "if Brexit doesn't happen on Oct 31 as promised, I personally will lead an armed insurrection in the streets"?

I know, it was probably too wet & Windy. 

you don't get a vote when in prison. ;)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

well the media are making a meal of Boris rejecting Nigel's offer of a Leave Alliance...
gloating and pontificating on it like it was the most brilliant thing ever.... 

but he (BJ) has (still) been given two weeks to make his mind up... :)

although it's difficult to see how BJ can change track at this stage .... soooooooooo..... 

Caught this interview with a Brexit Party MEP, Belinda de Lucy, earlier and if she is representative
of the calibre of Brexit Party candidates, all I can say is..... we as a country need the Brexit Party to
do well and get people like Belinda into the H of Commons..

 

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

this thread is about the General Election and any / all aspects of it... but as I'm most interested
in the Brexit Party and as things stand I'm planning to vote for them....so my posts are more about
them than the other parties....

Nigel isn't standing but is generally leading, supporting the candidates and campaigning all around the country..
I actually think this is a good thing because if he was standing then all attention would be on him and we haven't
forgotten about the lorry load of votes going missing / breaking down... for hours the last time he stood
in a  GE...

I think it's a good strategic move that will scupper the media from their obligatory 24/7 character assassination..
and allow all the other candidates to get better known..... not that the Propaganda Media will be reporting
anything positive about the Brexit Party because they will be shoring up the two party system...

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bee said:

Nigel isn't standing but is generally leading, supporting the candidates and campaigning all around the country..
I actually think this is a good thing because if he was standing then all attention would be on him and we haven't
forgotten about the lorry load of votes going missing / breaking down... for hours the last time he stood
in a  GE...

If you really think there's some grand conspiracy to keep the Brexit Party out, do you really think they wouldn't make votes disappear just because it's not Farage's name on the ballot paper? :lol:

Oh, your conspiracy theories are so wonderfully simplistic. No wonder they appeal to a certain kind of person. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

In this video Political reform is one of the things talked about..... and how the Brexit Party
isn't a single issue Party..

for example... abolishing the House of Lords and replacing it with a smaller elected chamber..
reforming the corrupt postal voting system and taking a close look at the Supreme Court..
 because if it is a 'political' court then the judges need to be put under close political scrutiny..

(in this extract from the Campaign launch the 600 candidates aren't actually unveiled - :)  )
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Setton said:

If you really think there's some grand conspiracy to keep the Brexit Party out, do you really think they wouldn't make votes disappear just because it's not Farage's name on the ballot paper? :lol:

Oh, your conspiracy theories are so wonderfully simplistic. No wonder they appeal to a certain kind of person. 

:rolleyes:

now you come to mention it.... 

Who knows what potential shenanigans there could be to help keep the tribal 2 party system intact... 

But I was, of course, speaking specifically about Farage in that post....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bee said:

 

In this video Political reform is one of the things talked about..... and how the Brexit Party
isn't a single issue Party..

for example... abolishing the House of Lords and replacing it with a smaller elected chamber..
reforming the corrupt postal voting system and taking a close look at the Supreme Court..
 because if it is a 'political' court then the judges need to be put under close political scrutiny..

(in this extract from the Campaign launch the 600 candidates aren't actually unveiled - :)  )
 

We all knew during the Euro Elections that come a UK General Election things would be different.

Its fine voting for MEPs who belong to a one cause party but come a UK General Election we arent just voting for a party to execute our will as regards the EU. We are electing a Government to run the country. Therefore Nigel Farage isn't going to repeat his Euro Election performance.

At most the Brexit Party is a pressure group which is here today but will be gone tomorrow. They arent fit for Government, and are simply standing in the election to play King Maker. The danger being they might split the Tory vote enough that the red moron sneaks into 10 Downing Street.

In my opinion the Brexit Party should be integrated into the Conservatives on the Brexit Wing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

We all knew during the Euro Elections that come a UK General Election things would be different.

Its fine voting for MEPs who belong to a one cause party but come a UK General Election we arent just voting for a party to execute our will as regards the EU. We are electing a Government to run the country. Therefore Nigel Farage isn't going to repeat his Euro Election performance.

At most the Brexit Party is a pressure group which is here today but will be gone tomorrow. They arent fit for Government, and are simply standing in the election to play King Maker. The danger being they might split the Tory vote enough that the red moron sneaks into 10 Downing Street.

In my opinion the Brexit Party should be integrated into the Conservatives on the Brexit Wing.


I take your points..... but time will tell if they will be 'gone tomorrow'.... I don't think it's fair to say they
aren't fit for government... it wouldn't be hard for them to be better (and fitter for Govt.) than the lot
that we have at the moment....

and re the bolded... you'd better tell Boris to accept the alliance then...because without it he could
struggle and yes his refusal to join up with the BP for a tactical election with Brexit at the heart of it...
could leave an opening for Corbyn..... judging on what happened in 2017...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bee said:

I take your points..... but time will tell if they will be 'gone tomorrow'.... I don't think it's fair to say they
aren't fit for government... it wouldn't be hard for them to be better (and fitter for Govt.) than the lot
that we have at the moment....

and re the bolded... you'd better tell Boris to accept the alliance then...because without it he could
struggle and yes his refusal to join up with the BP for a tactical election with Brexit at the heart of it...
could leave an opening for Corbyn..... judging on what happened in 2017...

They are in no way shape or form fit for Government.

Boris needs to bring them onboard to prevent them splitting the Tory vote. I would advise integrate them into the Tory Party, but if that fails then let them contest Labour and Liberal Democrat stronghold seats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bee said:


I take your points..... but time will tell if they will be 'gone tomorrow'.... I don't think it's fair to say they
aren't fit for government... it wouldn't be hard for them to be better (and fitter for Govt.) than the lot
that we have at the moment....

and re the bolded... you'd better tell Boris to accept the alliance then...because without it he could
struggle and yes his refusal to join up with the BP for a tactical election with Brexit at the heart of it...
could leave an opening for Corbyn..... judging on what happened in 2017...

 

Bold - as Corbyn is about to find out, the 2017 spurt for Labour was NOT down to Corbyn's great campaigning skills, though sadly it he believes it was. It was down to May 1. being a terrible campaigner, but more so 2. that the Tory manifesto was a vote loser - with social care polices being roundly attacked. In fact the manifesto was so bad some believed it was a deliberate attempt to lose the election.

I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell of Corbyn becoming PM. Unless it was with the support of the SNP, the Libs, the Greens, the independents, the welsh nationalists, the SDLP and Alliance - The latter 2 of which don't even have an MP at the minute.And even then I doubt it will happen.

Edited by RAyMO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

They are in no way shape or form fit for Government.

Boris needs to bring them onboard to prevent them splitting the Tory vote. I would advise integrate them into the Tory Party, but if that fails then let them contest Labour and Liberal Democrat stronghold seats.


they can't and won't integrate into the Tory Party because Brexit Leave voters weren't all Tories....
they were Tory, Labour, floating voters and a smattering of this and that...... it crossed Party Lines...

re bolded.... that's the kind of thing that could have been discussed and negotiated but unfortunately 
Boris has made a thing of refusing to have any of it and the media loved that...

and now he has made it harder to do what you have suggested, if it starts to look like he is in trouble
in regards to getting an overall majority...

  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Bold - as Corbyn is about to find out, the 2017 spurt for Labour was NOT down to Corbyn's great campaigning skills, though sadly it he believes it was. It was down to May 1. being a terrible campaigner, but more so 2. that the Tory manifesto was a vote loser - with social care polices being roundly attacked. In fact the manifesto was so bad some believed it was a deliberate attempt to lose the election.

I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell of Corbyn becoming PM. Unless it was with the support of the SNP, the Libs, the Greens, the independents, the welsh nationalists, the SDLP and Alliance - The latter 2 of which don't even have an MP at the minute.And even then I doubt it will happen.


without the Tory / Brexit Party alliance Corbyn could squeeze in..... a hung parliament could see saw
either way...?

the last election was supposed to be all about Brexit.... but the Media don't want it to be all about Brexit...
so we shall see how this all pans out as Dec 12th gets nearer...

A week is a long time in politics and there are a few weeks to go... perhaps if Corbyn looked like doing well
Sinn Fein could decide to go to the H of Commons - tip the balance and become heros of the Left... :) 

dunno 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bee said:

Sinn Fein could decide to go to the H of Commons - tip the balance and become heros of the Left.

Sinn Fein won't take seats. party ideology over everything else. Personally I am expecting it to hit their votes this time round but we will see.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Liberally Democrats are launching their election campaign by saying that if they're elected* and they cancel Br*xit, there'll be 50 billion to throw around at the usual suspects: NHS, Schools, all the usual rest of it. I'm sure they haven't at all just made it up off the top of their heads like Boris did. Still, I don't suppose they'll plaster it on a bus and drive around the country, since they don't believe in fossil fuel fuelled vehicles of course. 

* :rofl:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But no, I'm going to vote Labour (if they remember to send me a card*) just to annoy RabidMongoose and all the rest of the fanatical ultra-right wingers. :yes:

* the Election people I mean, though I wonder how many of them will get around to sending any of their attractive leaflets explaining how they'll do this and that. Or rather, saying that they'll do this and that, not of course explaining how they'll do it 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

But no, I'm going to vote Labour (if they remember to send me a card*) just to annoy RabidMongoose and all the rest of the fanatical ultra-right wingers. :yes:

* the Election people I mean, though I wonder how many of them will get around to sending any of their attractive leaflets explaining how they'll do this and that. Or rather, saying that they'll do this and that, not of course explaining how they'll do it 

Welcome to the 1970s, Rubbish piled high in the streets, bodies not being buried, the army driving fire engines, no electricity, inflation at 25%, a bankrupt labour government going cap in hand to the IMF begging for money, if that's what you want you're welcome to it comrade. 

Edited by hetrodoxly
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2019 at 11:55 AM, stevewinn said:

I agree, with the right MP's they could, but is Brois going to campaign on the slogan of his Brexit deal? will he mention No Deal while out campaigning?

I'll be voting Brexit party also, but i dont run the risk of splitting the Leave vote. I'd love Labour to lose out to the Brexit party in a number of seats. 6 seats would do.

But if we take the latest poll:

  • Con 38%
  • Lab 24%
  • Lib Dem 18%
  • Brexit Party 11%
  • Green 4%

this with projected seats.

  • Con 38%  399 seats. +81 from 2017 election.
  • Lab 24%  154 seats.  -108.
  • Lib Dem 18%  27 seats. +15.
  • Brexit Party 11% 0 seats. +0
  • Green 4% 1 seat. +0.

Giving the Tories 148 Majority.

I cant see that being the case, 148 majority. with even half them numbers the Tory party could have us leaving with No deal if they choose as they wouldnt need to garner votes from elsewhere.

 

Something I realised about polling is it ignores how many people live in each constituency.

Teresa May got 40% off the vote yet failed to get a majority in Parliament because she went for high population constituencies.

Tony Blair got a large majority in Parliament from 35% of the vote because unlike May he wasn't tactically inept and overconfident. He went for the easy seats with lower populations.

UKIP under Farage won more votes than the Labour Party in the 2010 election but only got 2 MP seats. Because he was tactically inept and overconfident too.

I think Boris is a better tactician that May so hopefully he will think about what seats he is going to target a little more carefully.

Edited by RabidMongoose
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Corbyn as just revealed his policy on Brexit, there will be a second referendum with 2 choices, (1) stay in the EU, (2) stay in the EU without a say in it.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Corbyn as just revealed his policy on Brexit, there will be a second referendum with 2 choices, (1) stay in the EU, (2) stay in the EU without a say in it.  

If his policies are as terrible as you claim, it's odd that you still need to lie about them. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

If his policies are as terrible as you claim, it's odd that you still need to lie about them. 

Have you ever considered replying to a post with what your issue with it is, just stating your argument would get to the point much quicker and there,d be no need for the childish, na, na, na.

Ok, what's not true?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Corbyn as just revealed his policy on Brexit, there will be a second referendum with 2 choices, (1) stay in the EU, (2) stay in the EU without a say in it.  

Thats bad.

Not only does he believe in subverting Democracy on Brexit, he will give us a 2nd referendum without the No Deal option. That guy thinks this is a Banana Republic.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Have you ever considered replying to a post with what your issue with it is, just stating your argument would get to the point much quicker and there,d be no need for the childish, na, na, na.

Have you ever considered posting with an ounce of intellectual integrity? 

I really shouldn't have to explain what is made up to the person making it up. 

Unless you're just blindly parroting someone else's lines, of course. It would explain a lot. 

Quote

Ok, what's not true?

He has said he intends to renegotiate Johnson's deal. Until that happens, you don't know what any new deal would look like so you can't describe it as 'staying in the EU'. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.